WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Why Does everyone like Love Live so much?
20011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/15 , edited 11/20/15
Not just the show itself, but the fans are great too.

Went to go watch the movie in Sacramento, and the atmosphere was great.
though the movie did lag at some important parts......
14211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / El Mirage, AZ
Offline
Posted 11/20/15
for me it was the characters and the well thought out plot. The music adds to it.
Posted 11/20/15
They have a fetish for cancer.
9350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 11/20/15 , edited 11/20/15

brigand554 wrote:

They have a fetish for cancer.


You're gonna look worse than my avatar when I'm done with you

You dun messed up, son
Posted 11/20/15

Saemonza wrote:


brigand554 wrote:

They have a fetish for cancer.


You're gonna look worse than my avatar when I'm done with you

You dun messed up, son


3330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/20/15 , edited 11/20/15

Saemonza wrote:


allgore wrote:

because unfortunately people enjoy "dumb girls do absolutely nothing" anime


"I've literally never watched this show, so I'm going to judge it based on Google image results."



Well, I forced myself to finish season1 and, man, was I bored. I've never watched sth. this bad in my life..
7350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Adanac
Offline
Posted 11/20/15
For me, at least... It's the music. If it didn't have an anime, I'd still be into it for the music.

I'm not into it for the waifu worship thing or other creepy stuff (Nozomi is my favorite member though. Honestly, they all look alike), their songs are just genuinely good. A step above typical idol songs. A lot are better than what that hundred-plus member idol group craps out every few months.

The anime was alright. Typical music/idol club anime.
65120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/20/15 , edited 11/20/15
It's a phenomena that's hard to explain.

I'm not a fan of idol shows (I tried watching Idolmaster and Wake Up Girls after I finished Love Live season 2 and couldn't finish; I just didn't care enough) or cute girls doing cute things shows. Love Live however was bearable, but maybe it was because it was my first idol show. I will be watching the next School Idol Project though since it'll probably still hold the same appeal. I'm a bit critical of the show though and the fanbase, so proceed with caution if you're a fan (but I do like the show to an extent so keep that in mind as well ):

Anyways, why I think a lot of people like the show is because it's a bit of guilty pleasure: You get to watch these innocent girls working together, singing together, and doing fun things together without any blatant sexual fanservice. The fanservice is there, but it's not explicit and it keeps itself pretty clean and pure. Because of that, it creates a lot of art, ships, and other things to be created outside of the show. The anime has a lot of teasing in a lot of different areas that can leave things to expand a lot outside of the anime. Seriously, I think the world outside of the anime is what really gets people in. You have all these games, yuri ships, songs, hentai etc. etc. It's just this endless sea of content. A lot of people love that, I myself find it fun.

Honestly, I don't think any of the characters are anything to write home about (or the story) and they're all super idealistic and overly cute, none of them develop that much besides some basic character development. But that's part of the charm for people: there's this sense of innocence, individuality, and simplicity in each character that appeals to different groups of people. Each girl has a fanbase because of the way they act and look. Each one has a certain charm that makes them interesting to watch and it makes people happy. This show is suppose to make you feel good, the drama doesn't really go that deep and that's part of the appeal.

I can sit down and watch Love Live and just feel good. There's nothing complicated going on and it's all relatively straight forward, and that's a good thing.

Plus the music! can't forget about the music. I don't like J-pop too much, I can listen to it (obviously because as an anime fan you gotta get used to it), but I dislike it for the same reason I dislike American pop. Love Live is completely poppy and it is a bit different and they are catchy, but I never go to listen to these songs outside of the anime. Just like I do with a lot of animes. The high squeaky voices, generic beats, the autotune, and it's too cutesy. It just doesn't do it for me. A lot of it just seems too fake and that's how a lot of songs performed in anime OPs and EDs sound to me. I prefer songs that have more soul to it without the pop (example of what I love: Every song in Angel Beats with vocals and Guilty Crown's OP!) and if it's electronic, more unique, upbeat, and powerful beats that compliment the vocals more (depends though since electronic can also be chill as well). There's some exceptions obviously for J-Pop, but as far as Love Live goes, I'm not that into the songs and I have not downloaded a single one. I love electronic music and rock, but Love Live doesn't utilize either very well, too poppy for me! I'm not a fan of Girl Groups in general, except for the Spice Girls maybe. The voices sound good and that's why I can listen it to happily, but to me it's like listening to any American pop song like from Miley Cyrus or something. I don't find them that special, but I can listen it just fine. I will give it credit though, it's still better than fucking country haha!

It's a strange thing because you have all these grown men (and women) that are fawning over these fictional girls and you're wondering what the heck is going on? People like their outfits, the way they walk, speak, facial expressions, hair, EVERYTHING about the characters just makes people go nuts. It's fun pledging your allegiance to a girl, but some people are extremely dedicated to their particular girl and that can cause issues. I personally could never get that into it and I wouldn't recommend to get that into it, but there's this since of passion in the Love Live base that could only be created within the anime fandom so it's a bit fascinating. Though if you have to explain to your girlfriend why you have Maki t-shirt, phone cover, wallpaper, ringtone, jacket, etc. may be an uncomfortable conversation, and may be a sign that this has gone too far. Maybe it's because these girls are not real that makes them more appealing and long lasting, I don't think very many of the LL fans would like real life idols just because there's a totally different appeal with the anime idols, at least in my opinion (could be wrong on that)...

The fanbase can annoy the shit out of me sometimes though. Especially when you say like a certain girl and some will be like, "Omg, you like, THAT GIRL. " It's like, fuck off, I can like whoever the hell I want. Each character has different attributes that appeal to different people, but I don't think it's worth the name calling and judgement just because someone likes Hanayo. Smack talking is fine, but there's a line to not cross... I'm not saying all of them are like that, but there's a vocal few that make me loath the fanbase. I don't have the passion that other fans do and I never will, so I will never get caught up into the waifu wars unless I'm joking around.

People outside of the fandom looking in would probably think what the fuck is going on, but that's how it is with most anime isn't it? Every anime has dedicated fanbases and each are a bit different from the next, but definitely the Love Live fanbase is a whole different beast. That's my two cents about the series.
12663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 11/21/15
some love live fans like the series in part because of the seiyuus themselves and because of how love live came to be.
in a way, the series itself reflects the seiyuus themselves - just as muse came from nowhere and became successful with the support of the side characters, the seiyuus themselves were "nobodies". they rose into popularity just as the characters in the show did.
from what i remember, the first live performance was quite something, and Nitta Emi (Honoka V.A.) was so happy and thankful with the crowd of people cheering on them that she cried on stage. most recently, Pile wrote a heartfelt thank you letter to her fans, which you can read here http://ameblo.jp/pile0502/entry-12094106735.html (if you know Japanese, that is)
of course, this probably seems foreign to the western audience.
22464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 11/21/15
Weeeeeellllll.


It gets enough things right to work


and has an inherently poor premise.




So you have a bad expectation with a solid presentation. People who expected guilty pleasure got solid content, and they're really happy about that and wish to share this with you.


While you have a bad expectation and don't take pleasure from the genre, and kinda sit here thinking "no, I still don't care" But DUDE, YOU WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE IT!

Butttttt.......you also wouldn't.



You've give a "I see why you like it, now just watch it without me already. It's not my thing."
27 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/21/15

Felstalker wrote:

Weeeeeellllll.


It gets enough things right to work


and has an inherently poor premise.




So you have a bad expectation with a solid presentation. People who expected guilty pleasure got solid content, and they're really happy about that and wish to share this with you.


While you have a bad expectation and don't take pleasure from the genre, and kinda sit here thinking "no, I still don't care" But DUDE, YOU WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE IT!

Butttttt.......you also wouldn't.



You've give a "I see why you like it, now just watch it without me already. It's not my thing."


Dont play smart with me, buddy.
58900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 11/21/15
A simple, yet addictive free-to-play game combined with simple, attractive character designs makes for a pretty strong fandom.
25862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 11/21/15
- The comedy is more my sort of thing than most "comedy"-style shows.
- The characters are well written
- The clothes
- The game is the right balance of challenge and reward to keep me interested
- The clothes.

also little stage-nerd things like how they show the strings in the ones where they're floating. I dunno, I just like that.



also alpacas.
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/12/16
In my personal option I really don't like love live, we were watching it as one of the weekly shows at my universities Anime club. I got about 6 episodes in and pretty much didn't care for the characters thought they were just common formula stock and I thought the story was rather boring. So I stopped watching it as it was only annoying me. To be fair it might have just been that I'm not into idol anime's (as i wasn't in to K'on that much either). All I remember is sat in a room full of people and not laughing at any of the jokes and just finding the anime uncomfortable to watch.
3109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 9/12/16

ComboChrist wrote:


Saemonza wrote:


allgore wrote:

because unfortunately people enjoy "dumb girls do absolutely nothing" anime


"I've literally never watched this show, so I'm going to judge it based on Google image results."



Well, I forced myself to finish season1 and, man, was I bored. I've never watched sth. this bad in my life..


You could have least leave that "sth" part out of of this. Just saying "it was boring" or something like that is enough. Say anything harsher and... well, makes me feel sad, yet angry. Why? It's one of my favorites. YES!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.