First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Do You Personally Know Anyone Famous?
22982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
Professionally I remodeled Bizz Stones kitchen-cofounder of twitter
Professionally I remodel a guest house for founder of Zappos shoes-Nick Swinmurn silent partner
Professionally built a house for Craig Newmark-founder of Craigslist
4733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Chicago, Illinois
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15
If any of you have seen that "Kiss me i'm desperate" video on youtube, I went to school with that kid
Posted 11/19/15

pIump wrote:

I own a handwritten card by Empress Michiko, directed to my (deceased) grandmother. They were friends.

How much do you reckon it would sell for? I accidentally threw out the envelope it was in with the fancy stamp and all that >_>




You will be rich by now.
Posted 11/19/15

AirMarshall wrote:

If any of you have seen that "Kiss me i'm desperate" video on youtube, I went to school with that kid


I just saw it. He won the game of life.
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
It depends on the context of famous, to some they may be famous, to me they're just people. Hell, I've participated in autograph sessions before, to some I'm famous.
9451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/20/15
No, but I do have a connection to one. All the good it's done me.
28100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UOregon
Offline
Posted 11/20/15 , edited 11/20/15
My cousin is an actress. She isn't really super famous though.
Dutch Moderator
30797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 11/20/15 , edited 11/20/15
As a convention organizer I do get to contact my fair share of famous people both organizing as well as by traveling to other conventions and international cosplay events.
With some I do keep in touch, both locally as well as abroad.

And I do have one relative who is a famous football (soccer) player, but I don't really 'know' him.

15756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 11/20/15
I know several people who work/race in NASCAR. And I am a cousin to a family that owns a NASCAR team.

Also when I was a teenager I went to church with Dante Basco (Rufio from Hook) and the little girl that was in the NIN music video for Closer rode my school bus.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 11/20/15
I know some cosplayers with like 900 followers... If that counts
17394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/20/15
Cousin of mine ran in the 2008 Olympic Marathon for the usa. Hope he makes the team Next year too.
355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/15

scoobydew wrote:

Professionally I remodeled Bizz Stones kitchen-cofounder of twitter
Professionally I remodel a guest house for founder of Zappos shoes-Nick Swinmurn silent partner
Professionally built a house for Craig Newmark-founder of Craigslist


Unless you're spying on them I don't think that counts as knowing them, at all.
22982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 11/20/15

supaspem wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

Professionally I remodeled Bizz Stones kitchen-cofounder of twitter
Professionally I remodel a guest house for founder of Zappos shoes-Nick Swinmurn silent partner
Professionally built a house for Craig Newmark-founder of Craigslist


Unless you're spying on them I don't think that counts as knowing them, at all.


I guess I will tell them next time we have dinner together and my kid plays with there son- Thanks
355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/20/15

scoobydew wrote:


supaspem wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

Professionally I remodeled Bizz Stones kitchen-cofounder of twitter
Professionally I remodel a guest house for founder of Zappos shoes-Nick Swinmurn silent partner
Professionally built a house for Craig Newmark-founder of Craigslist


Unless you're spying on them I don't think that counts as knowing them, at all.


I guess I will tell them next time we have dinner together and my kid plays with there son- Thanks


That's a lie
22982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 11/20/15

supaspem wrote:


scoobydew wrote:


supaspem wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

Professionally I remodeled Bizz Stones kitchen-cofounder of twitter
Professionally I remodel a guest house for founder of Zappos shoes-Nick Swinmurn silent partner
Professionally built a house for Craig Newmark-founder of Craigslist


Unless you're spying on them I don't think that counts as knowing them, at all.


I guess I will tell them next time we have dinner together and my kid plays with there son- Thanks


That's a lie


Ok Sherlock if you say so guess it must be!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.