First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Florida boy, 9, threatened with sexual harassment charges for writing love note
Posted 11/19/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


eclair-lumiere wrote:



I agree with the poster. You shouldn't try and have sex with someone who is drunk. That's right. But would anyone actually convict jake? I doubt it. They would probably let him off because Josie was wearing a strapped top or something.

Basically, unless the girl in question is a complete stranger, wrestles you with all her might and it's done somewhere like an alleyway, you will probably get away with it. "no" doesn't mean no anymore. it's sickening.
cind of disagree and agree to the post.
Really depends and could be a hard case.
If she let her self weak and knew something could happend (and was awake and all that) then she could have done something to prevent further action but if he was then didn't let her "go" then he could be the one to blame for this.

But if both knew something could happend (or that if I drink more I could do something stupid) then both could be in the wrong.
also girls shouldn't think its "safe" to drink either. (depends what I mean by safe)

and about the topic was this not a week ago?



Agree.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/20/15

Aeroclimatic wrote: Well that's pretty fucking stupid. The kid is 9 years old, come on!
and its only a letter not even about anything harsh, would be worse if it was an graphic picture but still that could be sorted out there and then.
8638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/20/15
That's repulsive. That kid basically raped her.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
I was going to make a retort but then I saw it was Florida. Carry on people.
4504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Online
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15
I do think the school may have gone overboard but they did have a problem. The girl probably didn't want the notes. If you read closely you'll see that it says he penned more than one note to the girl. It doesn't tell how many, it just lists several notes. It doesn't give any detailed information about whether he was told to stop because this wasn't welcome. For all you know he could have sent over a dozen letters even after told by the girl, teachers and others that it was time to stop. You see one letter you're not expecting may be over looked but if it keeps happening it gets annoying. The definition of sexual harassment is unwanted contact. If an adult does this we'd be saying they're turning into a stalker.

It was okay for him to like the girl. It's not okay to encourage him to keep sending messages to her if she doesn't want it. It'd be the same if she was the one sending the notes he didn't want.
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/20/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


Aeroclimatic wrote: Well that's pretty fucking stupid. The kid is 9 years old, come on!
and its only a letter not even about anything harsh, would be worse if it was an graphic picture but still that could be sorted out there and then.

I know right? I guess saying things like, "I like your hair because it is not sloppy. I like your eyes because they sparkle like diamonds." is too sexual nowadays. It's rather sad.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/20/15

tkayt wrote:
It was okay for him to like the girl. It's not okay to encourage him to keep sending messages to her if she doesn't want it. It'd be the same if she was the one sending the notes he didn't want.

They said his pining was inappropriate and came in several "unwanted" letters.
but it seems like its the mother who says/means they are "unwanted" but it could because it causes some ruckus that is not totally unormal for kids unless the adults push all to the side and says to the kids "its just a letter now get back into the text books!" XP
You know Uncle Ruckus? ;)



also her mother could say to her daugther to just leave the letters alone or throw like some others do + knowing that he could do something later on (just to have a headsup if he does anything because of "love")

Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/20/15

tkayt wrote:

I do think the school may have gone overboard but they did have a problem. The girl probably didn't want the notes. If you read closely you'll see that it says he penned more than one note to the girl. It doesn't tell how many, it just lists several notes. It doesn't give any detailed information about whether he was told to stop because this wasn't welcome. For all you know he could have sent over a dozen letters even after told by the girl, teachers and others that it was time to stop. You see one letter you're not expecting may be over looked but if it keeps happening it gets annoying. The definition of sexual harassment is unwanted contact. If an adult does this we'd be saying they're turning into a stalker.

It was okay for him to like the girl. It's not okay to encourage him to keep sending messages to her if she doesn't want it. It'd be the same if she was the one sending the notes he didn't want.


Where the proof of what you are saying ? You started your argument OK and from there turn into guilty until proven innocent.

Even if he did send multiple letters. That is exaggeration. From the letter there nothing sexual about it. The best anybody could argue is harassment, no sexual harassment. Since there nothing sexual about them.
34924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 11/19/15




lol just kidding.
Florida is fun. Stupid fun.
4504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Online
Posted 11/19/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


tkayt wrote:

I do think the school may have gone overboard but they did have a problem. The girl probably didn't want the notes. If you read closely you'll see that it says he penned more than one note to the girl. It doesn't tell how many, it just lists several notes. It doesn't give any detailed information about whether he was told to stop because this wasn't welcome. For all you know he could have sent over a dozen letters even after told by the girl, teachers and others that it was time to stop. You see one letter you're not expecting may be over looked but if it keeps happening it gets annoying. The definition of sexual harassment is unwanted contact. If an adult does this we'd be saying they're turning into a stalker.

It was okay for him to like the girl. It's not okay to encourage him to keep sending messages to her if she doesn't want it. It'd be the same if she was the one sending the notes he didn't want.


Where the proof of what you are saying ? You started your argument OK and from there turn into guilty until proven innocent.

Even if he did send multiple letters. That is exaggeration. From the letter there nothing sexual about it. The best anybody could argue is harassment, no sexual harassment. Since there nothing sexual about them.


They're using the definition of unwanted contact. Yes harassment fits the description better.

Posted 11/19/15

tkayt wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


tkayt wrote:

I do think the school may have gone overboard but they did have a problem. The girl probably didn't want the notes. If you read closely you'll see that it says he penned more than one note to the girl. It doesn't tell how many, it just lists several notes. It doesn't give any detailed information about whether he was told to stop because this wasn't welcome. For all you know he could have sent over a dozen letters even after told by the girl, teachers and others that it was time to stop. You see one letter you're not expecting may be over looked but if it keeps happening it gets annoying. The definition of sexual harassment is unwanted contact. If an adult does this we'd be saying they're turning into a stalker.

It was okay for him to like the girl. It's not okay to encourage him to keep sending messages to her if she doesn't want it. It'd be the same if she was the one sending the notes he didn't want.


Where the proof of what you are saying ? You started your argument OK and from there turn into guilty until proven innocent.

Even if he did send multiple letters. That is exaggeration. From the letter there nothing sexual about it. The best anybody could argue is harassment, no sexual harassment. Since there nothing sexual about them.


They're using the definition of unwanted contact. Yes harassment fits the description better.


Sorry but unless I hear it from the girl, I don't believe what the school says. And even then is was overreaction. They should have talk with the boy and ask him to stop, if that what the girl wants. No jump the fucking gun.

They're using the definition of unwanted contact.
Posted 11/19/15

anikevin wrote:





lol just kidding.
Florida is fun. Stupid fun.


I see you live in Florida, My condolences.
37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/20/15
This makes me ashamed of my county.
Tantic 
3198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/20/15
This dangerous criminal should to sent to an education camp until he learns to submit to our female overlords.
17189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
I use to work at an after school program and there were kids as young as five who have admitted to watching porn with their parents -_-
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.