First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Being "yourself" doesn't work?
1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
Through the years the most common response I've gotten when asking " how do i get a girl to like me is "just be yourself"
10 years later I'm starting to find that being "yourself" really means "turn yourself into something that women like"

Simply being yourself won't work unless 'yourself" is something that most women are generally interested in. And changing yourself into something that most women are interested in doesn't really seem like being yourself anymore. Frankly i think it's lame advice to give someone.

idk.

Guys, has being yourself worked for you, or have you had to drastically change in order for women to be more attracted to you?
Ladies, what type of "yourself" do you look for the most in guys?
Posted 11/19/15
We all know by now that the "just be yourself" is rhetoric from Disney movies. Everyone knows it's lame advice. What you wanna do is become a version of yourself that is attractive if you wanna go for the chicks init.
As for me, I'm perfectly happy being the completely unlikable piece of shit of a person that I am, so not changing annny time soon.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15
I have and it has never gotten me anywhere with any girl. The truth is, it's all about looks initially>money to show off I.e a cool car to pick the girl up in>personality/game.

I got lucky with the car part and that's how Iv had my success. You'd think being an A student would make you very attractive to woman but clearly that is not the case in America. But my advice? Get money, get new clothes, car, and whatever it is these girls drool over and you will have what you seek. Guys who have lots of money are the ones who told me this is the way, and they could not have been more right.
1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

haikinka wrote:

We all know by now that the "just be yourself" is rhetoric from Disney movies. Everyone knows it's lame advice. What you wanna do is become a version of yourself that is attractive if you wanna go for the chicks init.
As for me, I'm perfectly happy being the completely unlikable piece of shit of a person that I am, so not changing annny time soon.


that's pretty much how I go about it as well lol
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15

IShouldBeStudying wrote:

that's pretty much how I go about it as well lol


Unfortunately the price is being 4evaAlone.
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

descloud wrote:

I have and it has never gotten me anywhere with any girl. The truth is, it's all about looks initially>money to show off I.e a cool car to pick the girl up in>personality/game.

I got lucky with the car part and that's how Iv had my success. You'd think being an A student would make you very attractive to woman but clearly that is not the case in America. But my advice? Get money, get new clothes, car, and whatever it is these girls drool over and you will have what you seek. Guys who have lots of money are the ones who told me this is the way, and they could not have been more right.


What is it, "Money Talks" haha

If a girl finds one thing about you that makes you seem remotely rich, then your suddenly way more attractive.
14916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 2/16/16

descloud wrote:

I have and it has never gotten me anywhere with any girl. The truth is, it's all about looks initially>money to show off I.e a cool car to pick the girl up in>personality/game.

I got lucky with the car part and that's how Iv had my success. You'd think being an A student would make you very attractive to woman but clearly that is not the case in America. But my advice? Get money, get new clothes, car, and whatever it is these girls drool over and you will have what you seek. Guys who have lots of money are the ones who told me this is the way, and they could not have been more right.


Nah, it's probably because you're going after the wrong type of women.

If you are not a very physically attractive person and you want someone who is "out of your league", you have to compensate by having fame and/or fortune. If you're a very attractive person, you'll be able to attract other attractive people without the financial assets.

Studies have shown that humans look for someone who is in the same league as them, physically. So if you rate yourself a 4 out of 10, you'll likely end up with someone in the 3-5 range.

So...if you want a girlfriend or boyfriend, don't aim for the stars and expect someone who looks like Beyoncé.
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Nightosphere
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
'Be yourself' is a euphemism for covering up your bad qualities and putting the good ones into the display case, or so to speak.

Also, a good rule of thumb is that wealth must outweigh physical unatractiveness relative to your and the other person's standards.
9764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 11/19/15
Whether you "be yourself" or adopt a persona, none of that really guarantees anything. You can put on the best Fonzie impression, but it's still a hit or miss.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
I mean try to be your BEST self is a better saying to use. If you're a messy eater, try to eat more cleanly and such.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 12/2/15

byClear wrote:


descloud wrote:

I have and it has never gotten me anywhere with any girl. The truth is, it's all about looks initially>money to show off I.e a cool car to pick the girl up in>personality/game.

I got lucky with the car part and that's how Iv had my success. You'd think being an A student would make you very attractive to woman but clearly that is not the case in America. But my advice? Get money, get new clothes, car, and whatever it is these girls drool over and you will have what you seek. Guys who have lots of money are the ones who told me this is the way, and they could not have been more right.


What is it, "Money Talks" haha

If a girl finds one thing about you that makes you seem remotely rich, then your suddenly way more attractive.
honey youre 16

are you telling me the only reason why the boys in your grade are in a relationship is because of their lunch money?
Posted 11/19/15
Only physical but that's cause I wanted to as well. I got tired of being fat. Other than that what you see is what you get from me. Either you like it or you don't plain and simple.
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15

FlyinDumpling wrote:


byClear wrote:


descloud wrote:

I have and it has never gotten me anywhere with any girl. The truth is, it's all about looks initially>money to show off I.e a cool car to pick the girl up in>personality/game.

I got lucky with the car part and that's how Iv had my success. You'd think being an A student would make you very attractive to woman but clearly that is not the case in America. But my advice? Get money, get new clothes, car, and whatever it is these girls drool over and you will have what you seek. Guys who have lots of money are the ones who told me this is the way, and they could not have been more right.


What is it, "Money Talks" haha

If a girl finds one thing about you that makes you seem remotely rich, then your suddenly way more attractive.
honey youre 16

are you telling me the only reason why the boys in your grade are in a relationship is because of their lunch money?

If you knew how much money some of the people's parents have around here you wouldn't be laughing. I'm not rich, but if someones parent buys their son a Mercedes SLS as their first car, you know there's gold diggers close behind.
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15
I've had one long distance relationship through being myself. I don't really want another relationship though. I don't know why people put themselves through such an experience or still desire it after having it once.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.