First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Being "yourself" doesn't work?
60151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
I've always viewed the mantra "be yourself" as a gentle reminder that the pursuit of happiness is not about changing yourself to be what someone else wants, but rather about searching for and hopefully finding the things that you want.

Alternatively, and as far as this forum topic is concerned, I also feel it could be viewed as a warning about the futility of attempting to win over half the population based on hasty generalizations. The phrase "what women like" is nearly as vague as the phrase "what people like," and since you can never anticipate what a particular woman is going to like, there's no point in trying to change yourself to become exactly what your dream girl is going to like before you've even met her. It's like trying to hit a moving target blindfolded, but with lots more stress and self-doubt.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

byClear wrote:


descloud wrote:

I have and it has never gotten me anywhere with any girl. The truth is, it's all about looks initially>money to show off I.e a cool car to pick the girl up in>personality/game.

I got lucky with the car part and that's how Iv had my success. You'd think being an A student would make you very attractive to woman but clearly that is not the case in America. But my advice? Get money, get new clothes, car, and whatever it is these girls drool over and you will have what you seek. Guys who have lots of money are the ones who told me this is the way, and they could not have been more right.


What is it, "Money Talks" haha

If a girl finds one thing about you that makes you seem remotely rich, then your suddenly way more attractive.


haha the name of the game sadly.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15

staphen wrote:

I've always viewed the mantra "be yourself" as a gentle reminder that the pursuit of happiness is not about changing yourself to be what someone else wants, but rather about searching for and hopefully finding the things that you want.

Alternatively, and as far as this forum topic is concerned, I also feel it could be viewed as a warning about the futility of attempting to win over half the population based on hasty generalizations. The phrase "what women like" is nearly as vague as the phrase "what people like," and since you can never anticipate what a particular woman is going to like, there's no point in trying to change yourself to become exactly what your dream girl is going to like before you've even met her. It's like trying to hit a moving target blindfolded, but with lots more stress and self-doubt.


I must disagree. Some of these generalizations hold some truth. See this video if you don't believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZYdIRq86c
345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
Pretending to be something your not to try to steal a relationship with someone that doesn't like the person you are is just asking for trouble.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

descloud wrote:

I must disagree. Some of these generalizations hold some truth. See this video if you don't believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZYdIRq86c


Works on sluts.



Tbh, no one tries the reverse though. I bet I could could pull that shit off.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


descloud wrote:

I must disagree. Some of these generalizations hold some truth. See this video if you don't believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZYdIRq86c


Works on sluts.



Tbh, no one tries the reverse though. I bet I could could pull that shit off.


Well we don't know if they are really s**** or not, however the first girl DID deny him. Which is why I only said some of the generalization is true. Honestly I don't think anyone would have the same level of success with a Honda from like 92. The car was the key factor which adds some ground to what I said earlier.
345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


descloud wrote:

I must disagree. Some of these generalizations hold some truth. See this video if you don't believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZYdIRq86c


Works on sluts.



Tbh, no one tries the reverse though. I bet I could could pull that shit off.


If an older woman in a fancy vehicle pulled over and asked you if you wanted to have meaningless sex, I bet you'd be a slut, too.
9897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
Sometimes your worst self...is your best self"
60151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

descloud wrote:


staphen wrote:

I've always viewed the mantra "be yourself" as a gentle reminder that the pursuit of happiness is not about changing yourself to be what someone else wants, but rather about searching for and hopefully finding the things that you want.

Alternatively, and as far as this forum topic is concerned, I also feel it could be viewed as a warning about the futility of attempting to win over half the population based on hasty generalizations. The phrase "what women like" is nearly as vague as the phrase "what people like," and since you can never anticipate what a particular woman is going to like, there's no point in trying to change yourself to become exactly what your dream girl is going to like before you've even met her. It's like trying to hit a moving target blindfolded, but with lots more stress and self-doubt.


I must disagree. Some of these generalizations hold some truth. See this video if you don't believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZYdIRq86c


That's fine, but if you want my opinion, "some of these generalizations hold some truth" is like saying "I'm maybe sometimes occasionally a reliable person." Incidentally, the video wasn't very convincing either.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15

Ruby804b wrote:

If an older woman in a fancy vehicle pulled over and asked you if you wanted to have meaningless sex, I bet you'd be a slut, too.


Actually no. I never cared for money or looks or that sort of shit. I'm a virgin by choice and for good reason.

345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ruby804b wrote:

If an older woman in a fancy vehicle pulled over and asked you if you wanted to have meaningless sex, I bet you'd be a slut, too.


Actually no. I never cared for money or looks or that sort of shit. I'm a virgin by choice and for good reason.



What reason is that?
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/15 , edited 11/19/15

Ruby804b wrote:

What reason is that?

For being a virgin?

Sex to me is a matter of responsibility. When I'm committed and ready to reproduce that's that. For life or nothing. The pleasures of sex are simply trivial to me in the grand scheme of things, even in a relationship. I wanted a lifelong friend more than a lover, and I found one. Lover he may be, but he's a best friend above that.



Short answer. Sex is overrated. Fun. But not everything.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

Ruby804b wrote:


PrinceJudar wrote:


Ruby804b wrote:

If an older woman in a fancy vehicle pulled over and asked you if you wanted to have meaningless sex, I bet you'd be a slut, too.


Actually no. I never cared for money or looks or that sort of shit. I'm a virgin by choice and for good reason.



What reason is that?


Abstinence for marriage, I would guess. I wish I still had my virginity...
345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

Magical-Soul wrote:


Ruby804b wrote:


PrinceJudar wrote:


Ruby804b wrote:

If an older woman in a fancy vehicle pulled over and asked you if you wanted to have meaningless sex, I bet you'd be a slut, too.


Actually no. I never cared for money or looks or that sort of shit. I'm a virgin by choice and for good reason.



What reason is that?


Abstinence for marriage, I would guess. I wish I still had my virginity...


Maybe you can help me understand why being a virgin is important to people?
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
This is stupid.
You can't make someone like you, you can be yourself and hope they do and you can be someone they do like but you won't like you so that's pointless.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.