First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
What's the dumbest way that you've hurt yourself?
7738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Disboard
Offline
Posted 11/24/15

aeb0717 wrote:

The day before my Sophomore year started, I was playing tug of war with my big sis, with my giant stuffed tiger. She let go abruptly, and I fell down upon my thumb. I sat for three hours, with my thumb in a bowl of ice. I burst many blood vessels in the thumb, could hardly write or hold a pencil for several days, and my thumb was entirely black and blue for a week.

Similarly, that same year, I played tug of war with a plastic piece from blinds. It snapped and sliced my right knee. My sis and I taped toilet paper to my knee. I should've gotten stitches, but kepted the "oopsie" a secret.

The thumb-thing was also a secret.


I had to stop after the thumb thing because that crap hurts i felt it from reading this.
38862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 11/24/15

hemicuda2 wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

The day before my Sophomore year started, I was playing tug of war with my big sis, with my giant stuffed tiger. She let go abruptly, and I fell down upon my thumb. I sat for three hours, with my thumb in a bowl of ice. I burst many blood vessels in the thumb, could hardly write or hold a pencil for several days, and my thumb was entirely black and blue for a week.

Similarly, that same year, I played tug of war with a plastic piece from blinds. It snapped and sliced my right knee. My sis and I taped toilet paper to my knee. I should've gotten stitches, but kepted the "oopsie" a secret.

The thumb-thing was also a secret.


I had to stop after the thumb thing because that crap hurts i felt it from reading this.


Evidently Aeb should never play tug of war.
48485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/24/15

thekevin4 wrote:

My G-ma was cooking something in the kitchen and I was talking to her (think I was around 8 years old). I wanted to hop up on the counter and sit there to watch her cook so I turned my back to the counter and placed my hands on it to hoist myself up. Ended up placing my left hand directly on the burner for the stove and charred the entire surface of my hand black. Burned like a mofo and I started to freak out. Then my G-ma wrapped my hand up in gauze and I forgot about it.

We removed the gauze several hours later and to my amazement my hand was completely fine. This lead me to believe I had BA healing abilities which I tested many times throughout my childhood.... learned I in fact do not have BA healing powers.


Wow! That must have been painful. Did you Grandma put any salve before wrapping it up? Did the skin just come off the gauze and you just don't remember? BTW, glad your hand was healed.
38862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 11/24/15

macht_gut wrote:


thekevin4 wrote:

My G-ma was cooking something in the kitchen and I was talking to her (think I was around 8 years old). I wanted to hop up on the counter and sit there to watch her cook so I turned my back to the counter and placed my hands on it to hoist myself up. Ended up placing my left hand directly on the burner for the stove and charred the entire surface of my hand black. Burned like a mofo and I started to freak out. Then my G-ma wrapped my hand up in gauze and I forgot about it.

We removed the gauze several hours later and to my amazement my hand was completely fine. This lead me to believe I had BA healing abilities which I tested many times throughout my childhood.... learned I in fact do not have BA healing powers.


Wow! That must have been painful. Did you Grandma put any salve before wrapping it up? Did the skin just come off the gauze and you just don't remember? BTW, glad your hand was healed.


I don't remember to be honest. I think the char on my hand was actually all build up that was on the burner and so it didn't actually make solid contact with my skin which is why my hand was fine. No salve or anything though just gauze lol. I was visiting her in Poland so shit like salve was for rich people haha.
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/15
I had a small scar in my face. Luckily it disappeared over time. This scar was from bumping into the wall while playing basketball with a friend. It was so embarrassing, haha. The first thing I did was look around to see if nobody saw. Luckily the place was empty. Tried to be brave and continue playing, but it started swelling up and It went purple and stayed purple for a while, lol.
Posted 11/24/15 , edited 11/24/15
I was playing basketball I think. Then step on the crystal glass from a bear bottle. I was blending a lot. I was carry out to my mom house like a princes by a senpai. He was hot too. I still have the scar in the foot.

Edit I think this is worst. I remember running in the back of the house. Then I hit with the smallest of my feet finger a screw in the cement. The crew was all most close up to the ground but the upper part was still above the ground. So I hit the the expose part and nearly severe my smallest feet finger. But luckily My doctor just put a few titches and it was save. I also still have the scar from it too.
120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/15
The dumbest way i hurt myself would have to be when i was a kid and i jumped off something trying to be Mario just to Ground Pound... Other then that i tripped and rolled down some concrete stairs.
2862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 11/24/15
Sprained my ankle playing cartoon tag in 6th grade with some neighbors. Twisted my ankle and rolled down the little driveway section after the sidewalk. I was on crutches for over a month. Definitely one of my most painful injuries ever and I've had many. None were ever broken luckily.
mrya21 
4383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Ohio
Offline
Posted 11/24/15
Not my story but my sisters. She dislocated her knee... while dancing with her friend's dog.
144735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Overlord's Castle
Offline
Posted 11/24/15 , edited 11/24/15
Nothing I can recall, but my brother got his head stuck in a coat hanger once, and I rolled up the window on his head before too and it got stuck there. Hilarious, I ROFL every time I think about it.

Oh and another time he smashed his thumb in because he was playing with the door, he kept opening and closing it and then closed it on his thumb

Haha good times
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/24/15
Got to say it was with Cassandra at the target range, a round went wild and ricocheted off something. And the next thing I know I am sporting a 2 cm wide and fairly deep gash up my left arm that starts at the wrist and went up to nearly the biceps. It even scarred and now I have a permanent reminder of my dumb luck.
Posted 11/24/15
I can't remember tbh.

This may not count, but as a close call. I almost ate a poisonous mushroom once. I'm thankful at the last minute I decided to do some research. It turned out to be a death cap, had I eaten it I wouldn't have lived to tell a story.
10587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 11/24/15
I once bumped to a glass wall as a kid. >.<'' i didn't even notice the wall...
664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 11/24/15 , edited 11/24/15
I walked into a pole at school and got a black eye :l I wear glasses too so they cut up my face. Embarassing.

Also was at a concert once and face planted into an amp and got a brutal bloody black eye. Good things came out of that one though, lol.

Oh and one day I was long boarding down a hill, hit a rock, went flying, rolled a few times, and bashed open my knee and hands. Ripped a huge hole on the knee of my jeans and everything. Gravel was coming out of my knee for months. That one was fun, lol.

I have a ridiculous amount of scars. I'm sure there's been plenty of other times as well, I'm an idiot.
10587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 11/24/15

sierrabuhagiar wrote:

I walked into a pole at school and got a black eye :l I wear glasses too so they cut up my face. Embarassing.

Also was at a concert once and face planted into an amp and got a brutal bloody black eye. Good things came out of that one though, lol.

Oh and one day I was long boarding down a hill, hit a rock, went flying, rolled a few times, and bashed open my knee and hands. Ripped a huge hole on the knee of my jeans and everything. Gravel was coming out of my knee for months. That one was fun, lol.

I have a ridiculous amount of scars. I'm sure there's been plenty of other times as well, I'm an idiot.


ouch, hope you're ok :L
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.