First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Golden State Warriors are 16-0!
6097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 11/25/15
to be honest I didn't think much of them last year and I don't think much of them this year. their championship run is kinda weird, I don't know why but I can't pinpoint why they win. I guess it's just pure energy. maybe this year they can beat another banged up team to win it all
40619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / HI
Online
Posted 11/25/15
Who knows who people wanna watch more. Star Wars or Golden State Warriors games lol.
11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

I think the "old rules" are overstated. Great players and teams will find ways to be great no matter what.


It's just more physical mostly. You could hand check and do all sorts of things legally. Small ball wouldn't work near as well with the old set of rules because it wouldn't be as easy to create space or open the floor when defenders are allowed to... well defend more really.

Not to say GSW couldn't win, but it wouldn't be nearly as easy as it is now.

Also Draymond Green is overrated. Great player and perfect fit for GSW, but overrated. Nice to see Curry has more focus on his defense this year too. Last year was... meh.
8609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

dotsforlife wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

I think the "old rules" are overstated. Great players and teams will find ways to be great no matter what.


It's just more physical mostly. You could hand check and do all sorts of things legally. Small ball wouldn't work near as well with the old set of rules because it wouldn't be as easy to create space or open the floor when defenders are allowed to... well defend more really.

Not to say GSW couldn't win, but it wouldn't be nearly as easy as it is now.

Also Draymond Green is overrated. Great player and perfect fit for GSW, but overrated. Nice to see Curry has more focus on his defense this year too. Last year was... meh.


Can't fully assess since it was before my time.

On an unrelated note, who are you hoping we screw up with once we drop the hammer on Miles?
26042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

dotsforlife wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

I think the "old rules" are overstated. Great players and teams will find ways to be great no matter what.


It's just more physical mostly. You could hand check and do all sorts of things legally. Small ball wouldn't work near as well with the old set of rules because it wouldn't be as easy to create space or open the floor when defenders are allowed to... well defend more really.

Not to say GSW couldn't win, but it wouldn't be nearly as easy as it is now.

Also Draymond Green is overrated. Great player and perfect fit for GSW, but overrated. Nice to see Curry has more focus on his defense this year too. Last year was... meh.


D Green is a winner dude that's all his does wins championships in college and at the present time NBA championships to his resume. Over rated whatttttt? Not sure what games you watch he is close to a double double every night beside his awesome D
40248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

deadscreen wrote:

to be honest I didn't think much of them last year and I don't think much of them this year. their championship run is kinda weird, I don't know why but I can't pinpoint why they win. I guess it's just pure energy. maybe this year they can beat another banged up team to win it all


Why they win is simple, they are overall a better team than who they are playing. They have a lot of reallyyyy good shooters who can get hot at any moment and start raining threes to pull away or catch up. They also play good team defense, all hustle and don't have any slackers or giant egos. As for the "banged up team" comment... really?.... don't be such a hater lol.
11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

I think the "old rules" are overstated. Great players and teams will find ways to be great no matter what.


It's just more physical mostly. You could hand check and do all sorts of things legally. Small ball wouldn't work near as well with the old set of rules because it wouldn't be as easy to create space or open the floor when defenders are allowed to... well defend more really.

Not to say GSW couldn't win, but it wouldn't be nearly as easy as it is now.

Also Draymond Green is overrated. Great player and perfect fit for GSW, but overrated. Nice to see Curry has more focus on his defense this year too. Last year was... meh.


Can't fully assess since it was before my time.

On an unrelated note, who are you hoping we screw up with once we drop the hammer on Miles?


I have no opinion on that other than I think LSU would be stupid to get rid of Les. I don't see many viable options right now.
26042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

thekevin4 wrote:


deadscreen wrote:

to be honest I didn't think much of them last year and I don't think much of them this year. their championship run is kinda weird, I don't know why but I can't pinpoint why they win. I guess it's just pure energy. maybe this year they can beat another banged up team to win it all


Why they win is simple, they are overall a better team than who they are playing. They have a lot of reallyyyy good shooters who can get hot at any moment and start raining threes to pull away or catch up. They also play good team defense, all hustle and don't have any slackers or giant egos. As for the "banged up team" comment... really?.... don't be such a hater lol.


When the Warriors go small line up like end of the third period its over game is done. The line up is like a major league closer it kills the other teams will you can see them give up
8609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

dotsforlife wrote:

I have no opinion on that other than I think LSU would be stupid to get rid of Les. I don't see many viable options right now.


Honestly, I disagree. I think it's time to move on now.
Posted 11/25/15

thekevin4 wrote:

The warriors are friggin beast, I can't say I'm a legit fan as I despise bandwagoners, but holy shiz do I enjoy watching them play.


I agree. I'm a fan by no means, but they are so damn fun to watch. Especially when Curry or Thompson decide to go off for like 30 points or more.
51170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 11/25/15
As a Warriors fan I am really happy. The Warriors are fun team to watch, Steph is the best player in the world right now and GSW is heading towards another NBA title. Best part of this streak is the way we beat the Clippers; 23 point comeback. I loved how Dremond Green said that even though they were down they never panicked; proof of Warriors greatness or how pathetic the Clippers are?
11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:

I have no opinion on that other than I think LSU would be stupid to get rid of Les. I don't see many viable options right now.


Honestly, I disagree. I think it's time to move on now.


Who do you think they should pick up?
8609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

dotsforlife wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:

I have no opinion on that other than I think LSU would be stupid to get rid of Les. I don't see many viable options right now.


Honestly, I disagree. I think it's time to move on now.


Who do you think they should pick up?


*Blatant self-promotion*

They're fixated on Jimbo right now but I've thought of some potential fallback options.

http://hubpages.com/sports/Five-coaches-LSU-should-look-at-to-replace-Les-Miles
11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/25/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:

I have no opinion on that other than I think LSU would be stupid to get rid of Les. I don't see many viable options right now.


Honestly, I disagree. I think it's time to move on now.


Who do you think they should pick up?


*Blatant self-promotion*

They're fixated on Jimbo right now but I've thought of some potential fallback options.

http://hubpages.com/sports/Five-coaches-LSU-should-look-at-to-replace-Les-Miles


Not a bad choice. I question his dealing with crab legs but what coach hasn't screwed up some? Seems like a safe bet overall.
Otter Modder
51191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 1/26/17
Forum Clean up. Old 2015 threads Locked.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.