First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Eating with Left or Right?
Bavalt 
22031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/28/15

miGneto wrote:

I'm right handed. When I eat with a spoon or chopsticks I use my right hand but when I eat "finger foods" like chips or other snacks, I use my left. Not sure why that is but I've been that way ever since I was a kid.


I'm the same way. Probably stems from my not wanting to get my "main" hand dirty.
One Punch Mod
85929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 11/28/15 , edited 11/28/15

relt95 wrote:

I'm right handed and eat (mostly) with my right hand.

I am more curious about when people use a knife and fork (to cut a steak for example) whether they hold their knife in their left or right hands.

I find myself doing it both ways a lot. I don't really have a preference.


I'm left-handed. Fork in my left, knife in my right. Which seems odd now that I think of it, because the fork hand is just holding and the knife hand is doing the work.
5597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Barnegat Light, NJ
Offline
Posted 11/28/15
right handed: therefore, utensil that goes to mouth in right hand. opposite for lefties. food eaten with the hand should always be eaten with the right hand regardless of hand dominance. confluence hath spoken.
4506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 11/28/15 , edited 11/28/15

Mirai_Maku

In many middle-eastern communities, it ~is~ rude to eat with your left hand. This is because they believe that the left hand is exclusively used for bathroom purposes and is considered a dirty hand, therefore you use your right hand for eating / touching people.

Proper etiquette dictates that one uses a knife in their dominant hand and a fork in their auxiliary hand.


I got some disapproving looks from some teachers when they discovered I was a leftie. It was my neighbour who told me about the "dirty left hand" thing. At that time I wondered if those who were disapproving knew what hand I used for the bathroom. After all it was entirely possible that that was what I used my right hand for.

163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/28/15
I'm Right handed.

Spoon I use with the Right, if with fork the fork is on the left
Fork with the right, If used with knife, Knife on the right.
ChopSticks with Right hand
10055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/15
I'm a righteously aligned right-handed individual. With my right hand I will pierce the heavens, but with my left hand I will commit transgressions! \(^w^)/
5148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 11/28/15
Right hand for everything, although I try to use my left hand whenever possible to learn proper usage.
48597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 11/28/15
Right hand
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/28/15
I am utterly and completely ambidextrous, and so should everyone else on the bloody planet. Barring physical or mental damage both of your hands are just as good as each other. I've been ambidextrous since I could ever remember.
3084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / Principality of S...
Offline
Posted 11/28/15
I only use the middle even if it makes a mess.
1852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/28/15
Mainly right, unless it's finger foods and sandwich/hamburger then left.
Posted 11/28/15

lorreen wrote:


relt95 wrote:

I'm right handed and eat (mostly) with my right hand.

I am more curious about when people use a knife and fork (to cut a steak for example) whether they hold their knife in their left or right hands.

I find myself doing it both ways a lot. I don't really have a preference.


I'm left-handed. Fork in my left, knife in my right. Which seems odd now that I think of it, because the fork hand is just holding and the knife hand is doing the work.


I do the exact same thing ^
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/28/15

lorreen wrote:

Like thestars, I'm left-handed and use my left hand for pretty much everything. (I mouse right though). If I'm eating with my hands instead of a utensil though, in the presence of folks for whom it's rude to use the left hand for eating (like eating Indian cuisine in a restaurant or with Indian friends elsewhere) then I do use my right, but it feels awkward.


^
4506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 11/28/15

Ranwolf wrote:

I am utterly and completely ambidextrous, and so should everyone else on the bloody planet. Barring physical or mental damage both of your hands are just as good as each other. I've been ambidextrous since I could ever remember.


My lil sis was ambidextrous but those teachers who frowned at me being a leftie got their way with her so now she's right handed.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/28/15 , edited 11/28/15

tkayt wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

I am utterly and completely ambidextrous, and so should everyone else on the bloody planet. Barring physical or mental damage both of your hands are just as good as each other. I've been ambidextrous since I could ever remember.


My lil sis was ambidextrous but those teachers who frowned at me being a leftie got their way with her so now she's right handed.


Yeah they tried that with me to. My adoptive dad who by the way was also ambidextrous and a soldier gave them a piece of his mind and a taste of why his comrades called him Reaper. They didn't bother me ever again after that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.