First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders?
35191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/15
Between the two of them and only between the two of them? Definitely Trump. I'd rather have somebody who isn't completely ignorant about economics running the country.
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 11/29/15
If it comes down to the two of them then I gladly go with Trump.
51183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/15
Maybe Trump will look like less of an idiot if he can remember where in New Jersey he saw "thousands" of Muslims on the streets and rooftops dancing and celebrating the collapse of the World Trade Center. It shouldn't be hard for someone who claims he has the greatest memory in the world. Even though he forgot he ever knew a reporter that he spoke with on a first name basis for years...

It's sad how so many people are happily cheering for a man who's entire campaign has had little to no substance and only spends his time openly making fun of people or accusing entire ethnicities of being violent criminals. He calls Mexicans rapists, calls Muslims terrorists, makes fun of someone's disability, supports waterboarding, the list goes on and on. I wonder if half of his supporters even listen to anything that comes out of his mouth. If they did, it shouldn't be that difficult to understand him since he speaks with the mentality of a fourth grader.

His entire role in this election cycle has been to alienate all kinds of different groups of voters from the republican party. If he becomes the republican nominee, he's guaranteeing that Hispanics, Muslims, independents, and whatever group is next on his hit list vote for the democrat nominee. There's also the likelihood that most republicans would be reluctant to come out and vote, making this one of the most one-sided elections in a long time. If he doesn't become the nominee, he's threatening to run as an independent and split the republican vote, which is breaking the promise he made over 2 months ago saying he wouldn't do that. It should be obvious he isn't interested in becoming president. He's only running to help his good friend Hillary Clinton win and he's doing everything he can to make that happen. A vote for Trump in the primaries = a vote for Hillary. After all, Trump is a democrat. Nobody just wakes up one morning with views that are the complete opposite of the views they held the previous day. Aside from immigration, Trump agrees with democrats in pretty much everything. It's one of the reasons he doesn't speak about his opinion on anything that's not "Mexicans are rapists blah blah blah 9/11."

Bernie Sanders is facing an uphill battle. While I don't think his goals are very realistic with the current shape of our economy, he's one of the few presidential candidates who's been consistent about standing up against the establishment and wanting to help the common people. That means that the MSM will do everything they can to convince people to vote for their queen of corruption Hillary instead. Just like how after the first debate, every poll said Bernie won in a landslide. CNN's poll said it too but they took it down after a few minutes, pretended it never happened, and showed everyone a fake poll that says Hillary won. Hillary lied her way through the entire Benghazi hearing with inconsistent testimonies and the media praised her for how she handled that, saying it made her look "strong" and how that was a good week for her. Even though all she did was stand there and smile for 11 hours. It wouldn't even matter if she told the world she slaughters orphans when she's bored. As long as she looks confident saying it, the media will praise her. Meanwhile, the MSM gives Bernie the same old Ron Paul treatment.

As it stands, Hillary Clinton has far too much influence over this election. She's backed by most of the major news stations, which are trying to promote a good image of her so she can beat Bernie. They're also giving her buddy Donald Dumpster so much attention so that he can steal the spotlight from the other dozen republicans running. That way voters won't be familiar with the other candidates and would be more likely to vote for Trump. Even if Trump doesn't win the nomination, he'll still help Hillary by splitting the republican votes. It's a win-win situation for Hillary unless a miracle happens.

I wonder why the OP made this topic specifically between Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders and not the candidates in general.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/29/15

PhantomGundam wrote:

Maybe Trump will look like less of an idiot if he can remember where in New Jersey he saw "thousands" of Muslims on the streets and rooftops dancing and celebrating the collapse of the World Trade Center. It shouldn't be hard for someone who claims he has the greatest memory in the world. Even though he forgot he ever knew a reporter that he spoke with on a first name basis for years...

It's sad how so many people are happily cheering for a man who's entire campaign has had little to no substance and only spends his time openly making fun of people or accusing entire ethnicities of being violent criminals. He calls Mexicans rapists, calls Muslims terrorists, makes fun of someone's disability, supports waterboarding, the list goes on and on. I wonder if half of his supporters even listen to anything that comes out of his mouth. If they did, it shouldn't be that difficult to understand him since he speaks with the mentality of a fourth grader.

His entire role in this election cycle has been to alienate all kinds of different groups of voters from the republican party. If he becomes the republican nominee, he's guaranteeing that Hispanics, Muslims, independents, and whatever group is next on his hit list vote for the democrat nominee. There's also the likelihood that most republicans would be reluctant to come out and vote, making this one of the most one-sided elections in a long time. If he doesn't become the nominee, he's threatening to run as an independent and split the republican vote, which is breaking the promise he made over 2 months ago saying he wouldn't do that. It should be obvious he isn't interested in becoming president. He's only running to help his good friend Hillary Clinton win and he's doing everything he can to make that happen. A vote for Trump in the primaries = a vote for Hillary. After all, Trump is a democrat. Nobody just wakes up one morning with views that are the complete opposite of the views they held the previous day. Aside from immigration, Trump agrees with democrats in pretty much everything. It's one of the reasons he doesn't speak about his opinion on anything that's not "Mexicans are rapists blah blah blah 9/11."

Bernie Sanders is facing an uphill battle. While I don't think his goals are very realistic with the current shape of our economy, he's one of the few presidential candidates who's been consistent about standing up against the establishment and wanting to help the common people. That means that the MSM will do everything they can to convince people to vote for their queen of corruption Hillary instead. Just like how after the first debate, every poll said Bernie won in a landslide. CNN's poll said it too but they took it down after a few minutes, pretended it never happened, and showed everyone a fake poll that says Hillary won. Hillary lied her way through the entire Benghazi hearing with inconsistent testimonies and the media praised her for how she handled that, saying it made her look "strong" and how that was a good week for her. Even though all she did was stand there and smile for 11 hours. It wouldn't even matter if she told the world she slaughters orphans when she's bored. As long as she looks confident saying it, the media will praise her. Meanwhile, the MSM gives Bernie the same old Ron Paul treatment.

As it stands, Hillary Clinton has far too much influence over this election. She's backed by most of the major news stations, which are trying to promote a good image of her so she can beat Bernie. They're also giving her buddy Donald Dumpster so much attention so that he can steal the spotlight from the other dozen republicans running. That way voters won't be familiar with the other candidates and would be more likely to vote for Trump. Even if Trump doesn't win the nomination, he'll still help Hillary by splitting the republican votes. It's a win-win situation for Hillary unless a miracle happens.

I wonder why the OP made this topic specifically between Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders and not the candidates in general.


Trump has more support from minorities than any other Republican candidate at the moment. Minorities especially African Americans have been hurt tremendously by illegal immigrants.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 11/29/15 , edited 11/29/15

biscuitnote wrote:

Trump has more support from minorities than any other Republican candidate at the moment. Minorities especially African Americans have been hurt tremendously by illegal immigrants.


I like how Trump supporters actually believe the shit he spews out of his mouth. Can you back that up with a source please?

The idea that Trump is going to win the Latino vote is absurd.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/03/shock-poll-latinos-really-dislike-donald-trump/
51183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/15

biscuitnote wrote:

Trump has more support from minorities than any other Republican candidate at the moment. Minorities especially African Americans have been hurt tremendously by illegal immigrants.


2 or 3 black people aren't going to help him against the millions he's sending towards Hillary's way.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/29/15

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:

Trump has more support from minorities than any other Republican candidate at the moment. Minorities especially African Americans have been hurt tremendously by illegal immigrants.


I like how Trump supporters actually believe the shit he spews out of his mouth. Can you back that up with a source please?

The idea that Trump is going to win the Latino vote is absurd.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/03/shock-poll-latinos-really-dislike-donald-trump/


He may not win the latino vote but his support among latinos is higher than Mitt Romney. Legal Hispanics don't like illegal immigrants I have talked to many about the issue. Illegals erode wages and hurt the working poor the most which is why trump is popular he appeals to working class voters who have been hurt by illegal immigration. His rhetoric is simplistic because he is a no nonsense kinda guy and people respect that.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/29/15

PhantomGundam wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:

Trump has more support from minorities than any other Republican candidate at the moment. Minorities especially African Americans have been hurt tremendously by illegal immigrants.


2 or 3 black people aren't going to help him against the millions he's sending towards Hillary's way.


http://www.theamericanmirror.com/shock-poll-trump-receives-25-of-black-vote-in-general-election-matchup/ Trump in a recent poll gets about 25 percent of the black vote against hilary. Hardly surprising blacks are fed up with the democrats pandering to them and they are demanding real change. Deporting illegals would help black unemployment tremendously and boost wages.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/29/15
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/29/15


That's why we need Trump
Posted 11/29/15

Aethix0 wrote:

Between the two of them and only between the two of them? Definitely Trump. I'd rather have somebody who isn't completely ignorant about economics running the country.


So you believe in supply side economics? I mean, is that what the Trump wants?
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/29/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Aethix0 wrote:

Between the two of them and only between the two of them? Definitely Trump. I'd rather have somebody who isn't completely ignorant about economics running the country.


So you believe in supply side economics? I mean, is that what the Trump wants?


Trump will target the heart of our economic woes illegal immigrants and jobs being shipped overseas.
Posted 11/29/15

biscuitnote wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Aethix0 wrote:

Between the two of them and only between the two of them? Definitely Trump. I'd rather have somebody who isn't completely ignorant about economics running the country.


So you believe in supply side economics? I mean, is that what the Trump wants?


Trump will target the heart of our economic woes illegal immigrants and jobs being shipped overseas.


They affect us that greatly? Compared to the over 1/3rd of people in the US recieving welfare benefits in 2012?

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/354-percent-109631000-welfare


The amount of undocumented is around 11-13 mil in 2012. They barely make 10% of that, if they were on welfare.



Don't know about jobs overseas.
51183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/15

biscuitnote wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:

Trump has more support from minorities than any other Republican candidate at the moment. Minorities especially African Americans have been hurt tremendously by illegal immigrants.


2 or 3 black people aren't going to help him against the millions he's sending towards Hillary's way.


http://www.theamericanmirror.com/shock-poll-trump-receives-25-of-black-vote-in-general-election-matchup/ Trump in a recent poll gets about 25 percent of the black vote against hilary. Hardly surprising blacks are fed up with the democrats pandering to them and they are demanding real change. Deporting illegals would help black unemployment tremendously and boost wages.


There are 3 problems with this.

1) This poll, like most, was conducted with a sample size of only a few hundreds. That's not accurate when trying to predict how over a hundred million people will vote.

2) There were more conservatives than liberals taking this poll, so of course the results would overestimate Trump's support. There were also a lot more southerners taking this poll than people from any of the other 3 regions listed there. Even with the inflated scores Trump got, the poll still shows him losing the youth and minority votes by large margins. Take away the conservative bias and you're left with even smaller numbers for Trump.

3) This poll only shows Trump against the democrats. There's no way you can use this poll to claim Trump has more support among minorities than any other republican candidate in a general election since no other republican was polled head to head against a democrat.
25344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Various
Offline
Posted 11/29/15
Honestly, neither candidate can effectively, "destroy the country" since our government system is designed to withstand one or two bad presidents.

Between the two, Bernie Sanders would be a much better administrator, but his policies will hurt in the short run. The short term pains is mainly what people are against when it comes to Sanders. People balk at the word "socialist," but fail to realize that we're one of the least "socialist" democracies in the modern world. Uneducated folks tend to get Socialist and Communist mixed up, two very different political philosophies. The US has had "socialist" presidents before, to name a few: Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and FDR.

Trump will be a lame duck president. He wants to president for the sole purpose of feeding his ego. Once in office, pretty much anything crazy he wants to do will be blocked, delayed, or diverted. He probably won't even move into the White House, since it's not a place he has 100% control over. I don't think most people understand that being president means being a slave to the system. He can't launch nukes at Iran, he can't commit billions of taxpayer dollars to build a wall, or arrest every "illegal alien" in the country as president, since none of those things are solely a presidential decision.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.