First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Noblesse OVA
101435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

srlan23 wrote:


saprobe wrote:


srlan23 wrote:

It's over the top sometimes. Enormous amounts of blood, the extreme mutation and the extremely strong protagonists. It all reminds me of trash movies I've watched.


It's just shounen.


No, it's too bloody for a typical shounen. I mean yes there is blood but no blood tornado, and usually most characters don't really die anyway.


You're not watching the right shounens.
LokiLB 
41570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

saprobe wrote:


srlan23 wrote:


saprobe wrote:


srlan23 wrote:

It's over the top sometimes. Enormous amounts of blood, the extreme mutation and the extremely strong protagonists. It all reminds me of trash movies I've watched.


It's just shounen.


No, it's too bloody for a typical shounen. I mean yes there is blood but no blood tornado, and usually most characters don't really die anyway.


You're not watching the right shounens.


Must not have watched FMA or Death Note. XD
101435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

LokiLB wrote:

Must not have watched FMA or Death Note. XD


Or HxH or JoJo. Hell, even the first part of Naruto has that scene where Gaara squishes some guy into a rain of blood.

11783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 2/6/16
I've watched Death Note but it wasn't that bloody and I don't call it a shounen because i still think that it's too general. It's like putting Machete and James Bond in the same genre. It's just more accurate when you use genres from non-anime productions to describe a show that's all.
101435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

srlan23 wrote:

I've watched Death Note but it wasn't that bloody and I don't call it a shounen because i still think that it's too general. It's like putting Machete and James Bond in the same genre. It's just more accurate when you use genres from non-anime productions to describe a show that's all.


Death Note is a shounen: It was published in Jump. It's not a shounen battle series like the other ones, though.
11783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

saprobe wrote:


srlan23 wrote:

I've watched Death Note but it wasn't that bloody and I don't call it a shounen because i still think that it's too general. It's like putting Machete and James Bond in the same genre. It's just more accurate when you use genres from non-anime productions to describe a show that's all.


Death Note is a shounen: It was published in Jump. It's not a shounen battle series like the other ones, though.


I know that you call it shounen, I know that it's the genre for it because it's anime/manga. But you don't get my point. It's not as accurate as using other words such as "thriller". Because when you only use shounen it can be almost anything.
32336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 2/6/16 , edited 2/6/16

srlan23 wrote:


saprobe wrote:


srlan23 wrote:

I've watched Death Note but it wasn't that bloody and I don't call it a shounen because i still think that it's too general. It's like putting Machete and James Bond in the same genre. It's just more accurate when you use genres from non-anime productions to describe a show that's all.


Death Note is a shounen: It was published in Jump. It's not a shounen battle series like the other ones, though.


I know that you call it shounen, I know that it's the genre for it because it's anime/manga. But you don't get my point. It's not as accurate as using other words such as "thriller". Because when you only use shounen it can be almost anything.
Shounen isn't really a genre. It just specifies the target audience. In this case, young males.

101435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

srlan23 wrote:


saprobe wrote:


srlan23 wrote:

I've watched Death Note but it wasn't that bloody and I don't call it a shounen because i still think that it's too general. It's like putting Machete and James Bond in the same genre. It's just more accurate when you use genres from non-anime productions to describe a show that's all.


Death Note is a shounen: It was published in Jump. It's not a shounen battle series like the other ones, though.


I know that you call it shounen, I know that it's the genre for it because it's anime/manga. But you don't get my point. It's not as accurate as using other words such as "thriller". Because when you only use shounen it can be almost anything.


I don't get it. Then why did you say "it's too bloody for a typical shounen"?

And even if we're just talking about battle shounens that's not the case, anyway. It really wasn't that bloody, IMHO.
11783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 2/6/16 , edited 2/6/16
It's used as a genre.
Edit: I still think it's too bloody for a typical shounen. That's what makes it even harder for me to describe it as a shounen. Just because there a shounen series out there which are bloody doesn't mean that the typical shounen is not.
LokiLB 
41570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/6/16

saprobe wrote:


LokiLB wrote:

Must not have watched FMA or Death Note. XD


Or HxH or JoJo. Hell, even the first part of Naruto has that scene where Gaara squishes some guy into a rain of blood.



And Bleach they fountain blood when cut.
Not to mention all the creepy, borderline seinen stuff that goes on with Mayuri.
76474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 2/12/16 , edited 2/12/16
I was trying to figure out who the seiyuu was for Rai before looking it up but I couldn't


http://myanimelist.net/anime/32668/Noblesse__Awakening

The seiyuu for Frankenstein is Hirakawa san but for Rai,Tarusuke SHINGAKI, he is not very popular seiyuu in comparison to Hirakawa but he was Rido Clan in Vampire Knight which is why I though his voice sounded familiar but he was Kariya MAtou from Fate Zero, Togusa from Ghost in the Shell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wb6XV-kW24

Anyway I really like it but I do hope it becomes a series and redo the story telling
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 4/3/16
This OVA adaptation has totally captured my attention and met all my expectations! The animation is stunning and they kept everything that I love about the Manhwa.

I have kept up with the Manhwa and am currently re-reading it because waiting a week for each new chapter is torture. Anyone who hasn't read it I highly recommend it.


I hope an Anime series is next in store for it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.