First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply How good is crunchyroll?
19198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Unova Region
Offline
Posted 12/1/15
Only complaint is too much school anime.
Other than that, everything is fine. Got some decent selections, has apps for other devices, okay community, good quality, and it's legal.
27147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/1/15
I've been here for several yrs and still could say i love it here! (:
just about everything about it
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/1/15 , edited 12/1/15
The Xbox one app is god awful. If i have to use xbox I'd use my 360. Ps4 is much better and doesn't freeze every 3 seconds and seems to stream higher quality.
I'm assuming (I haven't been nonpremium in a long time) that you can only stream in SD unless you upgrade. Since I can't see quality issues since most videos go up to 1080.
Also when you pick a show it will usually be divided by seasons. (For example: S1 (dubbed), S1 (subbed), S2 (dubbed)) and so on. There are not lot of dubs on crunchyroll though (of which I don't really complain about since I prefer sub); the only dub I've seen on here was rurouni kenshin.
I'm also kind of disappointed about one punch man, but I do not know how licenses and licensing work, so I have no reason to make my own judgement call on that matter.
The site is far from perfect, but IMO it's a lot better than what some people will say it is.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/1/15

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

The Xbox one app is god awful


I haven't had a single issue with it aside from it being misplaced after the Windows 10 update but that is a trivial issue and one I easily fixed after re pinning it.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/1/15 , edited 12/1/15

Ranwolf wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

The Xbox one app is god awful


I haven't had a single issue with it aside from it being misplaced after the Windows 10 update but that is a trivial issue and one I easily fixed after re pinning it.

I had to pin a series to my dashboard because if I loaded the app normally it would freeze literally 90% of the time.
And this has been a problem since the app came out for the xb1. And it only happens on the xb1. 360 and ps4 are BOTH fine. Hell, I can even stream using my tablet app without problems.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 12/1/15 , edited 12/1/15

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

The Xbox one app is god awful. If i have to use xbox I'd use my 360. Ps4 is much better and doesn't freeze every 3 seconds and seems to stream higher quality.


Really? That's strange. For me, it's the reverse. The Xbox One app runs smoothly most of the time (although it is prone to long periods of buffering now and then), whereas the PS4 app suffers from horrendous loading times. Then again, my PS4 has had a lot of issues with loading times and the sort. In the past, it's taken literal hours and a talk with customer support just to get into the PS Store.

But yeah, the apps don't work that well for me. That's my isolated experience though. I've heard many people say they work perfectly fine for them, so maybe it's just a problem with my consoles or something. Never had any problems watching anime on the computer.
16739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 12/1/15
It would be much better if they stopped using flash player. Flash player is a dying software that gets larger and buggier with every release. Skyrim is lighter on my PC than watching CR due to the flash player.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/1/15 , edited 12/1/15

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

The Xbox one app is god awful. If i have to use xbox I'd use my 360. Ps4 is much better and doesn't freeze every 3 seconds and seems to stream higher quality.


Really? That's strange. For me, it's the reverse. The Xbox One app runs smoothly most of the time (although it is prone to long periods of buffering now and then), whereas the PS4 app suffers from horrendous loading times. Then again, my PS4 has had a lot of issues with loading times and the sort. In the past, it's taken literal hours and a talk with customer support just to get into the PS Store.

But yeah, the apps don't work that well for me. That's my isolated experience though. I've heard many people say they work perfectly fine for them, so maybe it's just a problem with my consoles or something. Never had any problems watching anime on the computer.

I read somewhere (never looked into it much though, but it applies to me) that it could be due to having a large queue. I've queue'd what I'm watching/already planning to watch so that when I browse I can just scroll past the orange flags.

To reiterate (should have articulated a little more on this point), I don't have a problem when I actually get to a video on the xbox one. My problem is GETTING to the video without freezing and having to restart the entire app.
27486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 12/1/15 , edited 12/1/15

Ranwolf wrote:

Dubbed, you sir have lost all credibility. The dub industry in Anime makes a mockery of good scripts and source material. Not to mention so many translation errors and mistakes.


Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z are obvious exceptions. Other than that, to say that someone's opinion causes them to "lose all credibility", is a pretty asinine way to say.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/1/15

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


I had to pin a series to my dashboard because if I loaded the app normally it would freeze literally 90% of the time.
And this has been a problem since the app came out for the xb1. And it only happens on the xb1. 360 and ps4 are BOTH fine. Hell, I can even stream using my tablet app without problems.


You are actually shutting the thing down, ya have to hold down the power for about five seconds. The power light will flash from white to yellow then white and after a short delay back to yellow. Also clearing out the persistent storage once a week helps as well. So many people I know don't do either.
27486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 12/1/15
Does this answer your question?
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/1/15

saksiss wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

Dubbed, you sir have lost all credibility. The dub industry in Anime makes a mockery of good scripts and source material. Not to mention so many translation errors and mistakes.


Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z are obvious exceptions. Other than that, to say that someone's opinion causes them to "lose all credibility", is a pretty asinine way to say.

FMA has an amazing dub. It's so amazing (IMO) that it's the only anime of the like 3 animes that I've seen dubbed and subbed that I can't decide which version I like better.
27486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 12/1/15

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


saksiss wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

Dubbed, you sir have lost all credibility. The dub industry in Anime makes a mockery of good scripts and source material. Not to mention so many translation errors and mistakes.


Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z are obvious exceptions. Other than that, to say that someone's opinion causes them to "lose all credibility", is a pretty asinine way to say.

FMA has an amazing dub. It's so amazing (IMO) that it's the only anime of the like 3 animes that I've seen dubbed and subbed that I can't decide which version I like better.


Ah. I've never gotten around to watching FMA, so I wouldn't know.
9078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Space
Offline
Posted 12/1/15
VSQBNS9M63Z
37289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/1/15

ThatguyWill wrote:

I am new here and from what I've seen of the anime selection, Xbox layout, and other features from the site I have to say I am a little disappointed. While there is a decent selection it seems to lack key details about certain anime. Also, the audio quality of some series is piss poor to say the least. Air Master is a prime example. There is an fuzz sound that comes through all through out the episodes. The pauses in between the shows middle break are overly long. The video quality is passable but, that is still low quality. Also, noting that there are no indicators of wither or not the shows are Subbed or Dubbed. Which is another detractor. I was hoping to come on here and find Gundam Origin in english on here. But, that is not the case. I was also hoping to find 'One Punch Man' on here as well. Neither was the case which is disheartening. While the services are decent. I don't foresee myself renewing after my trial period is through.

Does anyone else have any complaints or comments about the service of this site and its apps?


Damn! I feel bad for you! I use Firefox on a Windoze 7 PC. It's freakin' awesome for me. Maybe you should watch CR on PC and not on your crappy PS4?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.