First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Your Favorite Logical Fallacies?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
Posted 12/2/15
What logical fallacy would the argument "human logic doesn't apply to deities" be?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

What logical fallacy would the argument "human logic doesn't apply to deities" be?


Good question.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

What logical fallacy would the argument "human logic doesn't apply to deities" be?


I don't see how that would be a logical fallacy.
To say deities were created by humans implies they weren't the result of critical thinking.
Posted 12/2/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

What logical fallacy would the argument "human logic doesn't apply to deities" be?


I don't see how that would be a logical fallacy.
To say deities were created by humans implies they weren't the result of critical thinking.


Some of it can be considered ad hoc, as in why would god supposedly cure cancer in some but not all? The answer? Mysterious ways. Doesn't seem at all valid to me.
27155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Causation VS Correlation


It was bound to happen like that ^^
14745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:Some of it can be considered ad hoc, as in why would god supposedly cure cancer in some but not all? The answer? Mysterious ways. Doesn't seem at all valid to me.


Ah, that (ie. your post) would be the logical fallacy known as "Begging the question".

And to those 99% of the people who drive the rest of us who had to take Freshman Logic in college up the wall by using it wrong, "Begging the question" does not mean "Raising the question" (eg. "Which begs the question, where do we proceed from here?"....AARRGGHH!! )
"Begging the question" is when someone using a supposedly "logical" argument just can't help slipping in his own little biased, prejudiced, or otherwise lazy jump to an assumption that hasn't been proven yet, and using that as the solid concrete foundation to build the argument upon, revealing the entire argument to be nothing but an extension of his own resentfully-resigned opinion.
(Eg., "Well, now that we all know Trump's going to win the election, how will he handle Iran?")

And when you get into snotty-atheist arguments, based on their own underinformed cliche's and stereotypes used as logical foundation--"Okay, since we all believe that God dictates all our actions, does that mean we have no free will?"--it's Beggar's Row, with tin cups a-clanking.
9762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
Slippery-slope.

I don't know if there's a name for when people try and manipulate by calling out supposed fallacies.
1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
what's it called when people say stuff like "if its so bad then let's see you do it"
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
Most arguments are wrong, therefor it is statistically most likely that you are wrong.
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
Me.
Posted 12/2/15
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
brigand554 wrote
I just picked one!
also what happend to the boogie man?

22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
So many. I guess hearing a False Cause fallacy never gets old though.




First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.