First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply California Shooting
Posted 12/2/15

Nogara-san wrote:


Akage-chan wrote:


President Barack Obama was briefed and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said on Twitter, "I refuse to accept this as normal. We must take action to stop gun violence now."



This woman knows no shame. Now is not the time to demand for gun control. Now is the time to track down the scum that did this and allow time for family and friends of the victims to mourn. Let's wait until we know all the facts of this case, because, if the guns used are ghost guns (meaning they have no serial number because it's been removed), no amount of gun control will stop this.


When the fuck is the right time? I'm tired of this shit.

They didn't fucking do jack after Sandy Hook and they won't do shit now because 'FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOMMMMMM'. Hell, most people already dismissed the guy that shot up the PP in Colorado as 'oh he's just disturbed' instead of claiming him as the terrorist he fucking is.


I'm more scared of people like whomever did this and the PP shooter than some refugee fresh out of ISIS. But no, let's kick out the immigrants and put a wall up because we all know white people would never do this....


/end of rant.


Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I"m aiming at you specifically. It's just....I can't with this country anymore. And it's just going to get worse.

While they say your vote counts in the elections, I feel like its between a rock and a hard place at this point.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:


Akage-chan wrote:


President Barack Obama was briefed and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said on Twitter, "I refuse to accept this as normal. We must take action to stop gun violence now."



This woman knows no shame. Now is not the time to demand for gun control. Now is the time to track down the scum that did this and allow time for family and friends of the victims to mourn. Let's wait until we know all the facts of this case, because, if the guns used are ghost guns (meaning they have no serial number because it's been removed), no amount of gun control will stop this.


When the fuck is the right time? I'm tired of this shit.

They didn't fucking do jack after Sandy Hook and they won't do shit now because 'FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOMMMMMM'. Hell, most people already dismissed the guy that shot up the PP in Colorado as 'oh he's just disturbed' instead of claiming him as the terrorist he fucking is.


I'm more scared of people like whomever did this and the PP shooter than some refugee fresh out of ISIS. But no, let's kick out the immigrants and put a wall up because we all know white people would never do this....


/end of rant.


Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I"m aiming at you specifically. It's just....I can't with this country anymore. And it's just going to get worse.

While they say your vote counts in the elections, I feel like its between a rock and a hard place at this point.




It's the electoral college that counts anyway. I got so discouraged after the Gore/Bush election.

And no matter who wins, we're fucked. WE. ARe. FUCKED.

10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
I'm not going to try and explain why I think there should be stricter gun laws in the US because we don't know why this happened, and I don't live there myself. I'm not going to try and guess who did this and why. I'm not going to try and suggest what we do about ISIS since I really don't know at this point.

But I will say this...

The fact that we live in a world where innocent people have to spend their days terrified they might be killed next is disgusting. No matter what the reason is. Why should anybody have to fear that death will come soon? I'm starting to think maybe it would be better to end it now and go out on my own terms.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

I'm not going to try and explain why I think there should be stricter gun laws in the US because we don't know why this happened, and I don't live there myself. I'm not going to try and guess who did this and why. I'm not going to try and suggest what we do about ISIS since I really don't know at this point.

But I will say this...

The fact that we live in a world where innocent people have to spend their days terrified they might be killed next is disgusting. No matter what the reason is. Why should anybody have to fear that death will come soon? I'm starting to think maybe it would be better to end it now and go out on my own terms.


I wanna say it's a disgruntled employee, but I can't picture getting two other people to join in on this.

You live in the UK; you have reasonable politicians that don't fap and blow NRA or live with people that are fine with children being killed as long as it doesn't interfere with 'GUN RIGHTS "CAUSE FREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMSS'.
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

I'm not going to try and explain why I think there should be stricter gun laws in the US because we don't know why this happened, and I don't live there myself. I'm not going to try and guess who did this and why. I'm not going to try and suggest what we do about ISIS since I really don't know at this point.

But I will say this...

The fact that we live in a world where innocent people have to spend their days terrified they might be killed next is disgusting. No matter what the reason is. Why should anybody have to fear that death will come soon? I'm starting to think maybe it would be better to end it now and go out on my own terms.


Personally, I think it's better to give a hand. Or your wallet. I think it still means something. Then again I'm not very cynical.
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
Tragic. Hunt those fuckers down.

Posted 12/2/15
When my mom told me I was sadly not surprised. It (shootings) happens so much these days.
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
America is too interested in things like Taylor Swift, The Voice, Drake and countless other things to REALLY care about gun control. I think it's the vast amount of open land and breathing room in America that ramps up this kind of violence. just too much to do. maybe the people that make lots of money in the U.S. can do something about this
4733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Chicago, Illinois
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
What's sad is that shooters target UNARMED people, hmm, I wonder why... in a state like California, where you have to use a tool to remove a magazine from a gun, where any magazine over 10 rounds is illegal, where they banned "the shoulder thing that goes up", and banned flash hiders, and where guns made after the year 2013 are illegal, it has to be so safe and secure, right?
51499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15


Once again, people are so focused on blaming a weapon rather than the guys who thought it'd be fun to slaughter disabled people. It's sad how there's always someone trying to use these deaths to promote their political agenda.

There are at least 14 people dead. That's over a dozen families mourning. The perpetrators are still on the run. Of course the immediate response is "let's use this tragedy to our advantage to ban guns!"
Omni42 
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
"People keep shooting each other!"
"Clearly the answer is more guns!"
Only in America.
71259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / memphis area
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
The difference is that there are over 300,000,000 guns in the US . passing a law won't change that. If there were suddenly a law made to round up weapons thousands or tens of thousands of people (or possibly much MUCH more) would be willing to use said guns to defend their 'FREEEEEDDDOOMMS' as you say.

Just making it illegal won't stop anything and could possibly make things go out of control.
7597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
Looks like they've been cornered.
8018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / florida
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:




To protect America from the Queen of England



What the hell is wrong with you all? I've seen several americans implying that Britain is an enemy. No, we are not! We're supposed to be on the same side! We HELP you in pretty much every conflict. And why would we attack America? What benefit would that bring to us? The USA has much larger military strength so it would be a suicide mission.

This might be a few lone nutters who shouldn't be allowed guns like we have seen before. This may by the work of ISIS. Either way, I think it is completely sad and pathetic that people like you are insulting countries trying to be your allies; especially at a time when we are all meant to be uniting together to stop a huge terrorist threat.


umm, I don't think you can understand this, and i may be wrong in talking for him, but he was making a reference to the american revolution where we made it a right to bear arms in-case of a oppressive government (because at the time they viewed England as such ).

Your also correct in your second post, you do not live here, you do not understand our laws, so don't assume you have any idea about our laws. I currently live in a nice place, but i did live in the ghetto for a longer time, and i had a shotgun and I can tell you, easily, that i had it on display for a reason. houses had been robbed all over my neighborhood, my backyard neighbor had their windows bashed in and they got robbed in the dead of night, i kept my shotgun in-front of my entrance window so if you walked up to the door you would see it hosted high in glory with a american flag hanging behind it. If i did have someone intrude on the house id at-least have something to defend myself with seeing as i slept with a pistol on my bedside mantle.

I really can say it was not a safe place to live i had neighbors getting arrested all the time for possession of both firearms and narcotics. Just like the narcotics the firearms were in fact illegally modified and illegally acquired. I think the stereotype about living close to train tracks means you live in the ghetto is true because I lived less then a half mile from them. guns are not that bad in all honesty. the state of mental illness and lack of standard of living being met is probably more detrimental to this nation then the guns. but the real reason why i am opposed to gun restrictions specifically in the united states is because it will not stop criminals or terrorist or murderers from getting firearms. it would only stop law abiding citizens. and there are too many guns in circulation at this moment to even fathom stopping it, not even to mention that guns are becoming easier to produce with the introduction of 3d printers (while the plastic models may only be capable of releasing a few rounds, metal printers are capable of producing a wide array of fully functional weapons and any private and small entity that has one can in fact produce whatever they want.)

so again the only way to win this fight is to increase the standard of life by fixing the economy and by also taking care of the mentally sick people of this nation.

but that's just my two cents.
7597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

PhantomGundam wrote:



Once again, people are so focused on blaming a weapon rather than the guys who thought it'd be fun to slaughter disabled people. It's sad how there's always someone trying to use these deaths to promote their political agenda.

There are at least 14 people dead. That's over a dozen families mourning. The perpetrators are still on the run. Of course the immediate response is "let's use this tragedy to our advantage to ban guns!"


There is nothing wrong with finding a solution to an obvious problem. It's no different from saying we should research a cure for cancer after someone dies of cancer.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.