First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply California Shooting
73828 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 12/2/15
Just heard about this...My really good Friend lives not even 10 miles from there. Freaked Me out....I was so glad to hear from Her a little bit ago...
Posted 12/2/15

PhantomGundam wrote:



Once again, people are so focused on blaming a weapon rather than the guys who thought it'd be fun to slaughter disabled people. It's sad how there's always someone trying to use these deaths to promote their political agenda.

There are at least 14 people dead. That's over a dozen families mourning. The perpetrators are still on the run. Of course the immediate response is "let's use this tragedy to our advantage to ban guns!"


I don't think people actually think that, they're looking for someone or something to blame. There must be something we can do to stop this, whether it is gun control or mental health services. No one but politicians are taking advantages of this tragedy. Most are ordinary people too dulled by the frequency of such crimes to really feel it.
8022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / florida
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:



Once again, people are so focused on blaming a weapon rather than the guys who thought it'd be fun to slaughter disabled people. It's sad how there's always someone trying to use these deaths to promote their political agenda.

There are at least 14 people dead. That's over a dozen families mourning. The perpetrators are still on the run. Of course the immediate response is "let's use this tragedy to our advantage to ban guns!"


There is nothing wrong with finding a solution to an obvious problem. It's no different from saying we should research a cure for cancer after someone dies of cancer.


this is assuming that guns are in fact the problem, or that it would be even possible to remove all the guns in circulation.

you could look at it from the standpoint on mental health, and address it in that way.
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15

lukedollo wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:



Once again, people are so focused on blaming a weapon rather than the guys who thought it'd be fun to slaughter disabled people. It's sad how there's always someone trying to use these deaths to promote their political agenda.

There are at least 14 people dead. That's over a dozen families mourning. The perpetrators are still on the run. Of course the immediate response is "let's use this tragedy to our advantage to ban guns!"


There is nothing wrong with finding a solution to an obvious problem. It's no different from saying we should research a cure for cancer after someone dies of cancer.


this is assuming that guns are in fact the problem, or that it would be even possible to remove all the guns in circulation.

you could look at it from the standpoint on mental health, and address it in that way.


No gun law short of a ban would work. Otherwise you could wait out till the guns stop working. Best way is to keep guns out of circulation. But you are correct. We could address it from a mental health standpoint.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/2/15



umm, I don't think you can understand this, and i may be wrong in talking for him, but he was making a reference to the american revolution where we made it a right to bear arms in-case of a oppressive government (because at the time they viewed England as such ).

Your also correct in your second post, you do not live here, you do not understand our laws, so don't assume you have any idea about our laws. I currently live in a nice place, but i did live in the ghetto for a longer time, and i had a shotgun and I can tell you, easily, that i had it on display for a reason. houses had been robbed all over my neighborhood, my backyard neighbor had their windows bashed in and they got robbed in the dead of night, i kept my shotgun in-front of my entrance window so if you walked up to the door you would see it hosted high in glory with a american flag hanging behind it. If i did have someone intrude on the house id at-least have something to defend myself with seeing as i slept with a pistol on my bedside mantle.

I really can say it was not a safe place to live i had neighbors getting arrested all the time for possession of both firearms and narcotics. Just like the narcotics the firearms were in fact illegally modified and illegally acquired. I think the stereotype about living close to train tracks means you live in the ghetto is true because I lived less then a half mile from them. guns are not that bad in all honesty. the state of mental illness and lack of standard of living being met is probably more detrimental to this nation then the guns. but the real reason why i am opposed to gun restrictions specifically in the united states is because it will not stop criminals or terrorist or murderers from getting firearms. it would only stop law abiding citizens. and there are too many guns in circulation at this moment to even fathom stopping it, not even to mention that guns are becoming easier to produce with the introduction of 3d printers (while the plastic models may only be capable of releasing a few rounds, metal printers are capable of producing a wide array of fully functional weapons and any private and small entity that has one can in fact produce whatever they want.)

so again the only way to win this fight is to increase the standard of life by fixing the economy and by also taking care of the mentally sick people of this nation.

but that's just my two cents.


Letting anybody able to possess a gun is obviously going to do more harm than good. You don't need to live in the US to know that. It's just common sense. But I'm not going to argue about that because it's not really my problem. And for all we know, it might be the work of ISIS.

The "are guns good? are guns bad?" argument has gotten old. But implying Britain is the enemy while all this ISIS stuff is going on?! That's a new one... and I can't just stay quiet about that. It was over a century ago that America became independent from the UK, and some of you STILL consider us an enemy?! ISIS wants to destroy the western world (that means BOTH America and Britain) and some of you are clutching your guns in case WE attack you?! What the hell would we gain from that?! We have more important problems!

This is partly the reason why ISIS has been so succesful so far. Instead of all joining together and fighting them, we continue to argue among ourselves. The UK don't want to attack you. The Queen doesn't want to attack you. None of us want to attack you. GROW THE FUCK UP!
8022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / florida
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


No gun law short of a ban would work. Otherwise you could wait out till the guns stop working. Best way is to keep guns out of circulation. But you are correct. We could address it from a mental health standpoint.


while a ban would snuff out most, it would not work ultimately.
as previously mentioned 3d printers are more then capable of printing out individual parts for guns and building new ones. (metal printers) and they are working hard to manufacture plastic guns from plastic 3d printers. not even going to mention the fact that this nation is full of gun smiths who are fully capable of rebuilding guns.
53328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:



Once again, people are so focused on blaming a weapon rather than the guys who thought it'd be fun to slaughter disabled people. It's sad how there's always someone trying to use these deaths to promote their political agenda.

There are at least 14 people dead. That's over a dozen families mourning. The perpetrators are still on the run. Of course the immediate response is "let's use this tragedy to our advantage to ban guns!"


I don't think people actually think that, they're looking for someone or something to blame. There must be something we can do to stop this, whether it is gun control or mental health services. No one but politicians are taking advantages of this tragedy. Most are ordinary people too dulled by the frequency of such crimes to really feel it.


My post was mostly in reference to the post on the first page about Hillary Clinton using this to promote her call for a ban on guns. I looked at her twitter and she really wasted no time with this. Seriously, it's like she already had that tweet prepared and hit the send button as soon as the shooting happened. Not an ounce of sympathy towards the victims. Just blaming the weapon to promote her agenda. The scary thing is that there are so many people who support this and think just like her, whether they realize it or not.
8022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / florida
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:
The Queen doesn't want to attack you. None of us want to attack you. GROW THE FUCK UP!


hey eclair,
grow up, don't start cursing on the forums.

i simply stated one thing, and that was that he was making a remark about the right to bear arms, a right designed from the original oppression from England, I'm not saying that England is our enemy. I think that your deranged mind is the only one who took that from my statement.

I cut out the rest of your statement only because i did not see a need to constantly quote the same thing over and over again.

but really grow up, you don't need to start cursing on a forum just because your upset, it doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look childish.
53328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

Letting anybody able to possess a gun is obviously going to do more harm than good. You don't need to live in the US to know that. It's just common sense. But I'm not going to argue about that because it's not really my problem. And for all we know, it might be the work of ISIS.

The "are guns good? are guns bad?" argument has gotten old. But implying Britain is the enemy while all this ISIS stuff is going on?! That's a new one... and I can't just stay quiet about that. It was over a century ago that America became independent from the UK, and some of you STILL consider us an enemy?! ISIS wants to destroy the western world (that means BOTH America and Britain) and some of you are clutching your guns in case WE attack you?! What the hell would we gain from that?! We have more important problems!

This is partly the reason why ISIS has been so succesful so far. Instead of all joining together and fighting them, we continue to argue among ourselves. The UK don't want to attack you. The Queen doesn't want to attack you. None of us want to attack you. GROW THE FUCK UP!


Did you not read what he said? The comment about Britain was only a reference to the origins of our second amendment to remind us why that amendment even exists in the first place - so we can protect ourselves. Nobody is seriously saying that they expect Britain to attack us in the foreseeable future.
Posted 12/2/15

lukedollo wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


No gun law short of a ban would work. Otherwise you could wait out till the guns stop working. Best way is to keep guns out of circulation. But you are correct. We could address it from a mental health standpoint.


while a ban would snuff out most, it would not work ultimately.
as previously mentioned 3d printers are more then capable of printing out individual parts for guns and building new ones. (metal printers) and they are working hard to manufacture plastic guns from plastic 3d printers. not even going to mention the fact that this nation is full of gun smiths who are fully capable of rebuilding guns.


You can ban productions. The fact is that if you get a gun ban, a large majority would be kept out. It's a given that there's at least ONE gun in any given state, so why tell me a gun ban wouldn't work? If it keeps a lot out then yes, it does work. Saying it doesn't work when guns are virtually nonexistent in Japan is bullshit.
Posted 12/2/15

PhantomGundam wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:



Once again, people are so focused on blaming a weapon rather than the guys who thought it'd be fun to slaughter disabled people. It's sad how there's always someone trying to use these deaths to promote their political agenda.

There are at least 14 people dead. That's over a dozen families mourning. The perpetrators are still on the run. Of course the immediate response is "let's use this tragedy to our advantage to ban guns!"


I don't think people actually think that, they're looking for someone or something to blame. There must be something we can do to stop this, whether it is gun control or mental health services. No one but politicians are taking advantages of this tragedy. Most are ordinary people too dulled by the frequency of such crimes to really feel it.


My post was mostly in reference to the post on the first page about Hillary Clinton using this to promote her call for a ban on guns. I looked at her twitter and she really wasted no time with this. Seriously, it's like she already had that tweet prepared and hit the send button as soon as the shooting happened. Not an ounce of sympathy towards the victims. Just blaming the weapon to promote her agenda. The scary thing is that there are so many people who support this and think just like her, whether they realize it or not.


Bit quick to jump on the Hillary hate camp, but I suppose some part of her is more insidious than the nuke in her snuke.
122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA, East Coast
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
the worst part is that once again we're going to have a short debate about gun control, and the same dumbasses are going to defend guns and their right to carry, even though the U.S. is #1 in gun related deaths in the entire world.

At this point something far more drastic than a single isolated shootout where 10-20 people are wounded/killed needs to happen if we want to see any real added gun control because people are too fucking stupid to make it harder for people to get guns.
4040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
statistically, people who are suffering some kind of mental health condition are less likely to shoot up a place. Haven't we also moved passed the "Autistic people are killers" Stigma?
82934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15
Since a lone nut without any backing whatsoever targeted an abortion clinic, clearly the answer is to shut down all abortion clinics since their very existence breeds violence!

...makes about as much sense as banning guns.

Oh, and last time I checked, the NRA is against murder of any kind (disabled, children, etc.)

Not one of these leftist knee-jerk reactions would have stopped the 14 deaths in CA. ...wait, they used an SUV to get away - must ban all cars! THEN bad guys won't be able to get away!!

Suicides aside I don't buy the trope "U.S. #1 in gun deaths"; try living in Syria with over 300,000 deaths ...mostly by guns.
122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA, East Coast
Offline
Posted 12/2/15 , edited 12/2/15

Akage-chan wrote:


Now is not the time to demand for gun control. Now is the time to track down the scum that did this and allow time for family and friends of the victims to mourn. Let's wait until we know all the facts of this case, because, if the guns used are ghost guns (meaning they have no serial number because it's been removed), no amount of gun control will stop this.


Alright, well if they ARE NOT ghost guns, would you then be willing to say that gun control is needed?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.