First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Japanese Scholar held captive for three weeks in India
21009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Šumeru.
Offline
Posted 12/3/15 , edited 12/3/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

India has a terrible misogynistic rape culture (as an earlier poster has already said) so unfortunately this isn't surprising. It's disgusting and sick and needs to stop, but if anything it is become more common.

Rather than countries like India moving forward and getting rid of this sick way of thinking, it's spreading. Countries like the USA and the UK (yes, I'm insulting my own country, us brits are far from perfect) are starting to move toward this. It's becoming okay to rape someone. We're no longer moving forwards when it comes to women's rights. We're all going backwards.


Dunno why you're making this out to be some kind of womens right bullshit, but it's disgusting. Please stop. Anyone who actually says "rape culture" should have their posting-rights revoked.

It's not okay for anyone of any gender or age to be sexually assaulted, and it's illegal in pretty much every country. Most countries are however corrupt and people can get away with things because of money, connections and such. Which is the problem.


It's not just India. Every country.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

Shukuzen wrote:


eclair-lumiere wrote:

India has a terrible misogynistic rape culture (as an earlier poster has already said) so unfortunately this isn't surprising. It's disgusting and sick and needs to stop, but if anything it is become more common.

Rather than countries like India moving forward and getting rid of this sick way of thinking, it's spreading. Countries like the USA and the UK (yes, I'm insulting my own country, us brits are far from perfect) are starting to move toward this. It's becoming okay to rape someone. We're no longer moving forwards when it comes to women's rights. We're all going backwards.


Dunno why you're making this out to be some kind of womens right bullshit, but it's disgusting. Please stop.

It's not okay for anyone of any gender or age to be sexually assaulted, and it's illegal in pretty much every country. Most countries are however corrupt and people can get away with things because of money, connections and such. Which is the problem.


It's not just India. Every country.


I am no feminist but India needs feminism badly its a sorry state of affairs over there possibly worse than the middle east in some respects.
21009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Šumeru.
Offline
Posted 12/3/15 , edited 12/3/15

biscuitnote wrote:


Shukuzen wrote:


eclair-lumiere wrote:

India has a terrible misogynistic rape culture (as an earlier poster has already said) so unfortunately this isn't surprising. It's disgusting and sick and needs to stop, but if anything it is become more common.

Rather than countries like India moving forward and getting rid of this sick way of thinking, it's spreading. Countries like the USA and the UK (yes, I'm insulting my own country, us brits are far from perfect) are starting to move toward this. It's becoming okay to rape someone. We're no longer moving forwards when it comes to women's rights. We're all going backwards.


Dunno why you're making this out to be some kind of womens right bullshit, but it's disgusting. Please stop.

It's not okay for anyone of any gender or age to be sexually assaulted, and it's illegal in pretty much every country. Most countries are however corrupt and people can get away with things because of money, connections and such. Which is the problem.


It's not just India. Every country.


I am no feminist but India needs feminism badly its a sorry state of affairs over there possibly worse than the middle east in some respects.


The current state of "feminism" is nothing that anyone would ever need. Equal rights for all genders, however, is.

The best thing to do in India would be to abolish religion and actually provide education to more than 5% of the population. But that's never gonna happen.

USA on the other hand is about as backwater as India when it comes to education among it's population and level of equality between sexes.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

Shukuzen wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


Shukuzen wrote:


eclair-lumiere wrote:

India has a terrible misogynistic rape culture (as an earlier poster has already said) so unfortunately this isn't surprising. It's disgusting and sick and needs to stop, but if anything it is become more common.

Rather than countries like India moving forward and getting rid of this sick way of thinking, it's spreading. Countries like the USA and the UK (yes, I'm insulting my own country, us brits are far from perfect) are starting to move toward this. It's becoming okay to rape someone. We're no longer moving forwards when it comes to women's rights. We're all going backwards.


Dunno why you're making this out to be some kind of womens right bullshit, but it's disgusting. Please stop.

It's not okay for anyone of any gender or age to be sexually assaulted, and it's illegal in pretty much every country. Most countries are however corrupt and people can get away with things because of money, connections and such. Which is the problem.


It's not just India. Every country.


I am no feminist but India needs feminism badly its a sorry state of affairs over there possibly worse than the middle east in some respects.


The current state of "feminism" is nothing that anyone would ever need. Equal rights for all genders, however, is.

The best thing to do in India would be to abolish religion and actually provide education to more than 5% of the population. But that's never gonna happen.

USA on the other hand is about as backwater as India is, education among it's population and about the same level of equality.

Err no the USA is way ahead of India in many aspects I have actually been over their and abolishing religion is not a realistic goal. The best way to go about change would be investing in education and improving the economy.
21009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Šumeru.
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

biscuitnote wrote:


Shukuzen wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


Shukuzen wrote:


eclair-lumiere wrote:

India has a terrible misogynistic rape culture (as an earlier poster has already said) so unfortunately this isn't surprising. It's disgusting and sick and needs to stop, but if anything it is become more common.

Rather than countries like India moving forward and getting rid of this sick way of thinking, it's spreading. Countries like the USA and the UK (yes, I'm insulting my own country, us brits are far from perfect) are starting to move toward this. It's becoming okay to rape someone. We're no longer moving forwards when it comes to women's rights. We're all going backwards.


Dunno why you're making this out to be some kind of womens right bullshit, but it's disgusting. Please stop.

It's not okay for anyone of any gender or age to be sexually assaulted, and it's illegal in pretty much every country. Most countries are however corrupt and people can get away with things because of money, connections and such. Which is the problem.


It's not just India. Every country.


I am no feminist but India needs feminism badly its a sorry state of affairs over there possibly worse than the middle east in some respects.


The current state of "feminism" is nothing that anyone would ever need. Equal rights for all genders, however, is.

The best thing to do in India would be to abolish religion and actually provide education to more than 5% of the population. But that's never gonna happen.

USA on the other hand is about as backwater as India is, education among it's population and about the same level of equality.

Err no the USA is way ahead of India in many aspects I have actually been over their and abolishing religion is not a realistic goal. The best way to go about change would be investing in education and improving the economy.



No. The US is not ahead of India when it comes to either of those things. You should try to take a good look at your own country before sitting on your high horse and looking down on other countries.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

Shukuzen wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


Shukuzen wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:


Shukuzen wrote:


eclair-lumiere wrote:

India has a terrible misogynistic rape culture (as an earlier poster has already said) so unfortunately this isn't surprising. It's disgusting and sick and needs to stop, but if anything it is become more common.

Rather than countries like India moving forward and getting rid of this sick way of thinking, it's spreading. Countries like the USA and the UK (yes, I'm insulting my own country, us brits are far from perfect) are starting to move toward this. It's becoming okay to rape someone. We're no longer moving forwards when it comes to women's rights. We're all going backwards.


Dunno why you're making this out to be some kind of womens right bullshit, but it's disgusting. Please stop.

It's not okay for anyone of any gender or age to be sexually assaulted, and it's illegal in pretty much every country. Most countries are however corrupt and people can get away with things because of money, connections and such. Which is the problem.


It's not just India. Every country.


I am no feminist but India needs feminism badly its a sorry state of affairs over there possibly worse than the middle east in some respects.


The current state of "feminism" is nothing that anyone would ever need. Equal rights for all genders, however, is.

The best thing to do in India would be to abolish religion and actually provide education to more than 5% of the population. But that's never gonna happen.

USA on the other hand is about as backwater as India is, education among it's population and about the same level of equality.

Err no the USA is way ahead of India in many aspects I have actually been over their and abolishing religion is not a realistic goal. The best way to go about change would be investing in education and improving the economy.



No. The US is not ahead of India when it comes to either of those things. You should try to take a good look at your own country before sitting on your high horse and looking down on other countries.


Its pretty much a fact the US is ahead of India on gender issues the economy the environment etc. I like India I am not looking down on it just stating facts.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/4/15 , edited 12/4/15



Dunno why you're making this out to be some kind of womens right bullshit, but it's disgusting. Please stop. Anyone who actually says "rape culture" should have their posting-rights revoked.

It's not okay for anyone of any gender or age to be sexually assaulted, and it's illegal in pretty much every country. Most countries are however corrupt and people can get away with things because of money, connections and such. Which is the problem.


It's not just India. Every country.



So you say it's not okay for anyone to be sexually assaulted, yet apparently I'm not allowed to complain when people are raped. Okay, that makes perfect sense.

Don't rape people, but if you do they are not allowed to complain. What kind of messed up logic is that?

Also, when you said people get away with it due to corruption and it's in every country not just India.... um, yes I know. That's exactly what I said. Why are you just repeating what I said but trying to act as if you disagree?
9451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/4/15
I'd like to give those chaps a bad case of lead poisoning at high velocity.
21009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Šumeru.
Offline
Posted 12/4/15 , edited 12/4/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:




Dunno why you're making this out to be some kind of womens right bullshit, but it's disgusting. Please stop. Anyone who actually says "rape culture" should have their posting-rights revoked.

It's not okay for anyone of any gender or age to be sexually assaulted, and it's illegal in pretty much every country. Most countries are however corrupt and people can get away with things because of money, connections and such. Which is the problem.


It's not just India. Every country.




So you say it's not okay for anyone to be sexually assaulted, yet apparently I'm not allowed to complain when people are raped. Okay, that makes perfect sense.

Don't rape people, but if you do they are not allowed to complain. What kind of messed up logic is that?

Also, when you said people get away with it due to corruption and it's in every country not just India.... um, yes I know. That's exactly what I said. Why are you just repeating what I said but trying to act as if you disagree?


No idea what you're talking about.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/4/15



No idea what you're talking about.




You basically just repeated what I said in my original comment. So what's the problem? You act as if you disagree with me yet you just said the same things I did.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/4/15
So you didn't know they had a value that made rape into a cultural thing? (either by religion or just the area they come from where the state between both can be so severe that some has quite low value on how to threat women while the other part of said guys would do more to protect or try to cheer them up under hard times)
Like Russia could be very much like that (dunno where and when it was quite like that?) but a friend of me lived there before and well where he was living they was quite awfull agianst eachother and worse on some women (either because they bring higher emotions in play or because many gets really weak by few reasons and some more that females have like thinner protection, weak bones even though not everything applies to all but some is more common)
70 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 12/4/15
I'm honestly not sure whether this has to do with "rape culture," whatever that may be, or socioeconomic factors such as poverty.

Hovad wrote:

India, home of the Buddhist religion. How far they strayed from the path.



Pretty sure that's Nepal.

They've never really been on the path at all.
49485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/4/15 , edited 12/4/15


I've watched this anime. I thought it was good and possibly accurate.

Some mention that a women should not travel alone in India. Problem is that still does not mean the female will be safe. A girl was gang-rape on a Taxi Bus while her boyfriend was being beaten. She later died in a hospital. A female reporter was gang rape while her camera man was being beaten. Two teenage girls were rape than hung. No one bothered to investigate. A kindergarten was rape by a school security guard. She told her teachers but they ignored her. It was her parents who later found out and demanded action. A girl was rape by relatives as ordain by elders for not conforming to their backward believes. Bottom line, any female in India is a target regardless of age, ethnicity or country-born.
Posted 12/4/15
It always seems like it's India...what the fuck is going on over there?
21009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Šumeru.
Offline
Posted 12/4/15 , edited 12/4/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



No idea what you're talking about.





You basically just repeated what I said in my original comment. So what's the problem? You act as if you disagree with me yet you just said the same things I did.


I tend to think of anyone who actually uses says femi-nazi garbage like "rape culture" as a less gifted individual, but if you dont understand that the later paragraph had nothing to do with what you said, and just trying to get back on the subject, I just dont know what to say.

No idea why the quotes keep breaking. Wat.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.