First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Japanese Scholar held captive for three weeks in India
25145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 12/4/15
Just hang them.
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 12/4/15

Shukuzen wrote:

Dunno why you're making this out to be some kind of womens right bullshit, but it's disgusting. Please stop. Anyone who actually says "rape culture" should have their posting-rights revoked.

It's not okay for anyone of any gender or age to be sexually assaulted, and it's illegal in pretty much every country. Most countries are however corrupt and people can get away with things because of money, connections and such. Which is the problem.


It's not just India. Every country.





eclair-lumiere wrote:

So you say it's not okay for anyone to be sexually assaulted, yet apparently I'm not allowed to complain when people are raped. Okay, that makes perfect sense.

Don't rape people, but if you do they are not allowed to complain. What kind of messed up logic is that?

Also, when you said people get away with it due to corruption and it's in every country not just India.... um, yes I know. That's exactly what I said. Why are you just repeating what I said but trying to act as if you disagree?

No idea what you're talking about.


Hmm well, why I think the 'rape culture' word is often a word used by radical feminists to justify their crazy attempts at trying to force an inequality in their favour, in some countries, women are considered absolutely inferior to women, and are treated as objects. In this case, yes some countries are definite victims of this culture.

In this case, I think she was correct in using the term 'rape culture,' as the country of India, disgustingly, places no importance on the equality of men & women, as this is not uncommon by any means.
9607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 12/4/15 , edited 12/4/15
Its fucking disgusting seeing these things happen not only in India but everywhere.I cant even imagine how the woman felt being ganged raped,imprisoned and tricked by someone she thought she could trust . I'm gonna admit a lot of rape culture occurs in India more so than other countries. But the way she still continued to want to make it after all that makes me admire her even if i don't know anything about her besides this.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/4/15
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd this is why I will never set foot in India.

Lovely people and I'm sure it's a beautiful country...some of the nicest people I've ever met were from there...but as a woman? Oh hell no.
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:

India has a terrible misogynistic rape culture (as an earlier poster has already said) so unfortunately this isn't surprising. It's disgusting and sick and needs to stop, but if anything it is become more common.

Rather than countries like India moving forward and getting rid of this sick way of thinking, it's spreading. Countries like the USA and the UK (yes, I'm insulting my own country, us brits are far from perfect) are starting to move toward this. It's becoming okay to rape someone. We're no longer moving forwards when it comes to women's rights. We're all going backwards.


What.

Last I checked, colleges in the U.S. are over-reacting by declaring a male automatically guilty if a female simply accuses him of rape.
Backwards, yes; but it's not woman's rights that are being regressed, as they are given the benefit of the doubt whenever rape is called, regardless if it is a male that is calling it.

The only people that get a pass to which the girl is considered a liar are when (college and high school) athletes are involved, because HURR DURR FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY, NO TOUCHY THE MONEY MAKER QUARTERBACK sports culture.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/5/15 , edited 12/5/15

Hovad wrote:

India, home of the Buddhist religion. How far they strayed from the path.



No offense but, the homes of Islam, Christianity, Judaism religions aren't any better tbh.
37379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
No anime or manga for India!! (Soup Nazi style)
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/5/15 , edited 12/5/15
Yes and there that is,
girls or younger = yes finally something that can reward sex in this dark areas
boyfriend or "protector" = wish to see gone, cut, beaten or make them watch what they do for their own pleasings of pain as they could do as said hang etc.

Sure I can see why they would like some of that but hell never want to do anything close of that..
even though some fetishes are extreme enough as they are but yes can be very benefitting for both genders (like a more soft thing like bondage -all the misc people from there)

also about the cases you brought up was some of this in there?
rich or looked rich?
and for the more teenage stuff I guess they was more of the loud ones since they are easier to "trigger" sertian people with anger or hatred while the looks make it even more of an target.
what really happend on the taxi? it drove into a bad area they though would be the right place and then "taken" also you only said beaten him so the guys survived or knocked out or worse (since I don't think they really care if his alive or not, only that he don't do anything or complain)

Nogara-san wrote: and this is why I will never set foot in India.
Lovely people and I'm sure it's a beautiful country...some of the nicest people I've ever met were from there...but as a woman? Oh hell no.

Really depends on the areas (I would not like to go into the crowded areas like towns and you should stay away from such else get on out and into the more "open")
42419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 12/5/15
Pretty sad that happened to her.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/5/15



What.

Last I checked, colleges in the U.S. are over-reacting by declaring a male automatically guilty if a female simply accuses him of rape.
Backwards, yes; but it's not woman's rights that are being regressed, as they are given the benefit of the doubt whenever rape is called, regardless if it is a male that is calling it.

The only people that get a pass to which the girl is considered a liar are when (college and high school) athletes are involved, because HURR DURR FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY, NO TOUCHY THE MONEY MAKER QUARTERBACK sports culture.



In England we had a terrible situation where there was a large sex ring of asian men raping young girls, and they escaped justice for a long time. Why? Because the police were scared of seeming "racist".

Also, the football situation is the same here. Sports stars can basically do whatever they like when it comes to any law.

The anti-feminism movement really worries me. I don't know how this started or what made men suddenly think "wait, actually, we SHOULD be able to abuse women" but unfortunately it is happening. Of course not all men are rapists. There are a lot of men who genuinely respect women. But there are some who desperately want to turn the clock back to when women had no rights at all, and the law seems to not be bothered.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/5/15 , edited 12/5/15



I tend to think of anyone who actually uses says femi-nazi garbage like "rape culture" as a less gifted individual, but if you dont understand that the later paragraph had nothing to do with what you said, and just trying to get back on the subject, I just dont know what to say.

No idea why the quotes keep breaking. Wat.



I personally dislike people who use the word "femi-nazi". That term basically implies that women rare like the nazi's just for wanting to be able to live without fear of being raped.
Posted 12/5/15
What a terrible thing.
21009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Šumeru.
Offline
Posted 12/5/15 , edited 12/5/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:



I tend to think of anyone who actually uses says femi-nazi garbage like "rape culture" as a less gifted individual, but if you dont understand that the later paragraph had nothing to do with what you said, and just trying to get back on the subject, I just dont know what to say.

No idea why the quotes keep breaking. Wat.




I personally dislike people who use the word "femi-nazi". That term basically implies that women rare like the nazi's just for wanting to be able to live without fear of being raped.


No idea what you just tried to say.

Anyways, sorry for my tone/attitude.
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/6/15 , edited 12/6/15

eclair-lumiere wrote:




What.

Last I checked, colleges in the U.S. are over-reacting by declaring a male automatically guilty if a female simply accuses him of rape.
Backwards, yes; but it's not woman's rights that are being regressed, as they are given the benefit of the doubt whenever rape is called, regardless if it is a male that is calling it.

The only people that get a pass to which the girl is considered a liar are when (college and high school) athletes are involved, because HURR DURR FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY, NO TOUCHY THE MONEY MAKER QUARTERBACK sports culture.



In England we had a terrible situation where there was a large sex ring of asian men raping young girls, and they escaped justice for a long time. Why? Because the police were scared of seeming "racist".

Also, the football situation is the same here. Sports stars can basically do whatever they like when it comes to any law.

The anti-feminism movement really worries me. I don't know how this started or what made men suddenly think "wait, actually, we SHOULD be able to abuse women" but unfortunately it is happening. Of course not all men are rapists. There are a lot of men who genuinely respect women. But there are some who desperately want to turn the clock back to when women had no rights at all, and the law seems to not be bothered.


Talking of Rotherham, right?
In the U.S., most people would consider Pakistan as part of the Middle East due to their culture being more similar to that of those areas instead of the asian countries that people typically associate the word 'asian' with (Such as Japan, China, or Korea)

And the problem with the bolded part is that, with Pakistan, the Middle East, most of Africa, and India, men never considered women as equals. There was never a time where men thought they should be able to abuse women because it was already a way of life over there.

10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/6/15



Talking of Rotherham, right?
In the U.S., most people would consider Pakistan as part of the Middle East due to their culture being more similar to that of those areas instead of the asian countries that people typically associate the word 'asian' with (Such as Japan, China, or Korea)

And the problem with the bolded part is that, with Pakistan, the Middle East, most of Africa, and India, men never considered women as equals. There was never a time where men thought they should be able to abuse women because it was already a way of life over there.



Yep, I am talking about Rotherham.

And I am aware that countries like that have never considered women equal. But the problem is we are not getting an anti-feminism movement in western countries. Whether that's due to influences from countries like India, or whether the cause is something els ei don't know. But it's very worrying.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.