First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Gun Control Vs Gun Rights. (Which Is Reasonable?)
1379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

not siding with gun control, but i can see why they would want to make it harder for criminals to get guns. they might be able to get them anyways, but it doesn't mean that we should give it to them.
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 12/3/15
gun control only works for honest people, meaning only criminals have da guns.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

C0mlink wrote:


not siding with gun control, but i can see why they would want to make it harder for criminals to get guns. they might be able to get them anyways, but it doesn't mean that we should give it to them.


Sure, you can try to make it harder, but it really isn't going to work when they are already getting things that are illegal in the country, like say, cocaine.
Posted 12/3/15
As a wise person said, you can't say Public Health Care would work in a country like America with a more diverse population. One can reason Gun Control wouldn't work for us as intended.
Posted 12/3/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

As a wise person said, you can't say Public Health Care would work in a country like America with a more diverse population. One can reason Gun Control wouldn't work for us as intended.


I don't understand why either wouldn't work.
Posted 12/3/15

haikinka wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

As a wise person said, you can't say Public Health Care would work in a country like America with a more diverse population. One can reason Gun Control wouldn't work for us as intended.


I don't understand why either wouldn't work.


Well I thought it was wise. :/
Posted 12/3/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Well I thought it was wise. :/


I was sorta hoping you would explain the thought behind it lol
10613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 12/3/15 , edited 12/3/15
gun control:
>guy gets a gun from the black market, kills several before being stopped

gun rights:
>a psychologically troubled person gets a gun easily, and shoots down several people before being stopped

we are screwed, regardless.
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/3/15
Stricter gun laws is just common sense. The unfortunate thing is it doesn't matter how much evidence you put forward, there will always be the same insane delusional idiots who think having guns everywhere somehow makes them safer. I feel incredibly sorry for Obama. No matter how many shootings happen and no matter how many innocent people die, the majority of americans still want to cling to their guns.

Since I'm fortunate enough to live in the UK I don't care anymore. I've become tired of arguing. But this is why I will never visit the US. I would probably be shot as soon as I stepped off the plane.
238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Houston, Tx
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

Irishsushi wrote:


Insanerino wrote:


"Shootings happen in gun free zones." -
A zone is declared 'gun free', and when a firearm enters that zone, it isn't. That aside, there were concealed carry individuals at many of the 'gun free' zones in which mass shootings took place in. For example, a shooting in an Oregon University had at least 3 concealed carry members, all of whom did nothing to stop the shooter, saying 'I'll protect myself, but I can't run into the line of fire', and 'the police could mistake me for the shooter'.

I dont have a argument. If some said that to promote gun ownership they shouldnt be allowed to have a gun lol.


Here's your argument, they were following their training. Anyone that's taken a course and has received a license to conceal carry knows that the best way to win a gun fight is to avoid it. Self defense trainers teach avoidance and de-escalation. Lawful gun owners use force reluctantly and only when their lives are in immediate danger.

I've only seen them mention the veteran that was the Oregun University with his CCW and license, and I bet most people would have been okay if he did something about it (because he's a veteran). Instead he followed his training. This is the first time I've seen that someone has insinuated that maybe they should have done something different. People on both sides of the argument were calling them heroes for staying put.
4733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Chicago, Illinois
Offline
Posted 12/3/15
When you look at the cold hard facts, a society where more people own a gun is actually statistically safer. For example, countries like Switzerland where it is a federal law to own a fully automatic assault rifle, only has a handful of gun homicides a year, and countries like Brazil, where it is very hard to own anything other than a simple 1911 handgun, leads the world in gun homicides. Also, most mass shootings, or gun homicides for that matter, happen in Gun-free-, I mean, Sitting Duck Zones, like movie theaters and schools.
Omni42 
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/3/15
What I don't get is why everyone seems to equate gun control with gun bans. Gun bans are not gun control. Gun control is making sure that if you want to get a gun you have to
1. Have a justified reason to own that gun, e.g. hunting, target shooting (sport), pest control (farming) or (the silly one in my book) self defence.
2. Be taught and follow safety practices and proper storage
3. Be in your right mind.
Posted 12/3/15 , edited 12/3/15
We should be able to provide statistics. For example, snopes.com did affirm that every swiss men was given a gun and trained in its use.


Of course, Switzerland is far more homogeneous than the US, but why don't we train our civilians? I revised my opnion on this. Guns don't directly cause homicides, they just increase the likelihood of one occurring.
7549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

AirMarshall wrote:

When you look at the cold hard facts, a society where more people own a gun is actually statistically safer. For example, countries like Switzerland where it is a federal law to own a fully automatic assault rifle, only has a handful of gun homicides a year, and countries like Brazil, where it is very hard to own anything other than a simple 1911 handgun, leads the world in gun homicides. Also, most mass shootings, or gun homicides for that matter, happen in Gun-free-, I mean, Sitting Duck Zones, like movie theaters and schools.


Why would you bring a gun to a movie theatre?

As for Switzerland...http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/sep/30/viral-image/viral-flawed-post-compares-honduras-switzerland-gu/
4733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Chicago, Illinois
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


AirMarshall wrote:

When you look at the cold hard facts, a society where more people own a gun is actually statistically safer. For example, countries like Switzerland where it is a federal law to own a fully automatic assault rifle, only has a handful of gun homicides a year, and countries like Brazil, where it is very hard to own anything other than a simple 1911 handgun, leads the world in gun homicides. Also, most mass shootings, or gun homicides for that matter, happen in Gun-free-, I mean, Sitting Duck Zones, like movie theaters and schools.


Why would you bring a gun to a movie theatre?

As for Switzerland...http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/sep/30/viral-image/viral-flawed-post-compares-honduras-switzerland-gu/


My classmate's father is an FBI agent and he has to tell the manager since he is a federal agent his badge supersedes the gun-free zone policy of the theater.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.