First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Would You Buy Xbox 360 if it didnt have all its great shooters??
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / canada..........ehh
Offline
Posted 2/8/08 , edited 2/8/08
ok, i still kinda suck with the searching and i dont think anyone created this topic yet, if they have please inform me cause i just want to know. would xbox 360 be even worth or even match any of the other next gen consoles if it didnt have such great shooters like halo series, gears of war, bioshock and etc.?? cause whenever i think of an xbox 360 that immediatley comes to my mind, its shooters. and all the ppl i know with xbox 360s only have shooters and even one of my friend says that all the other games are only worht renting. of course it has other good games as well like dead or alive stuff, ninja gaiden and that but i dont think most ppl buy an xbox 360 for that.
sooo... would you still buy the xbox 360 if those great shooters were never made for the xbox 360??
11995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA (Miami, FL)
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
Probably. I'm not a big fan of FPS anyways. I prefer RPGs, and the Xbox 360, surprisingly has some good ones.
Trigin 
70692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
ouch that's a blow to gamers, Misspelling one of the Best games ever made... Biohazard ? ITS BIOSHOCK FFS,

and yes, it would easily be worth getting,

1) Oblivion
2) Ninja Gaiden II
3) Devil May Cry 4
4) Katamari Damacy
5) Viva Pinata
6) Lost Planet
7) Guitar Hero II / III
8) Rock Band
9) Eternal Sonata
10) Kingdom Under Fire: Series

Those are just some of the games that are Must haves, and even tho some may also be for the PS3 guess what, THE PS3 IS 200$ MORE !!! so yea, Get the .01% Lesser Graphic System with the same games and game play with BETTER controls and MORE games to Choose From then the PS3 which has NOTHING right now other then Resistance, Every other game that WAS a Exclusive is now Ported over to the 360 Because the PS3 Is unpopular like shit cuz of the 700$ Price tag on the original and the 150$ cut on the price for the newer ones now,

The PS3 is a waste of money for right now, it has NOTHING good on it that you cant get for the 360, the only thing that anyone should be looking forward to on the PS3 is MGS4 and FFXIII, and White Knight

That's it no more no less everything else is ported over to the 360 so the PS3 is a HUGE let down for a next gen system, as well as the fact that it looks like a Gorge Foreman Grill
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / canada..........ehh
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

Trigin wrote:

ouch that's a blow to gamers, Misspelling one of the Best games ever made... Biohazard ? ITS BIOSHOCK FFS,

and yes, it would easily be worth getting,

1) Oblivion
2) Ninja Gaiden II
3) Devil May Cry 4
4) Katamari Damacy
5) Viva Pinata
6) Lost Planet
7) Guitar Hero II / III
8) Rock Band
9) Eternal Sonata
10) Kingdom Under Fire: Series

Those are just some of the games that are Must haves, and even tho some may also be for the PS3 guess what, THE PS3 IS 200$ MORE !!! so yea, Get the .01% Lesser Graphic System with the same games and game play with BETTER controls and MORE games to Choose From then the PS3 which has NOTHING right now other then Resistance, Every other game that WAS a Exclusive is now Ported over to the 360 Because the PS3 Is unpopular like shit cuz of the 700$ Price tag on the original and the 150$ cut on the price for the newer ones now,

The PS3 is a waste of money for right now, it has NOTHING good on it that you cant get for the 360, the only thing that anyone should be looking forward to on the PS3 is MGS4 and FFXIII, and White Knight

That's it no more no less everything else is ported over to the 360 so the PS3 is a HUGE let down for a next gen system, as well as the fact that it looks like a Gorge Foreman Grill


lol, totally my mistake sry bout that, as you can see im not that big on xbox 360 but anyways ps3 has basically all those games are at least most of them plus some pretty decent exclusives of our own like uncharted drake's unfortune, ratchet &clank, haze, ninja gaiden sigma, grand turismo 5, tekken6, god of war 3, warhawk and the games you just mentioned would be all that i know for now
4442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Over the californ...
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

Trigin wrote:

ouch that's a blow to gamers, Misspelling one of the Best games ever made... Biohazard ? ITS BIOSHOCK FFS,

and yes, it would easily be worth getting,

1) Oblivion
2) Ninja Gaiden II
3) Devil May Cry 4
4) Katamari Damacy
5) Viva Pinata
6) Lost Planet
7) Guitar Hero II / III
8) Rock Band
9) Eternal Sonata
10) Kingdom Under Fire: Series

Those are just some of the games that are Must haves, and even tho some may also be for the PS3 guess what, THE PS3 IS 200$ MORE !!! so yea, Get the .01% Lesser Graphic System with the same games and game play with BETTER controls and MORE games to Choose From then the PS3 which has NOTHING right now other then Resistance, Every other game that WAS a Exclusive is now Ported over to the 360 Because the PS3 Is unpopular like shit cuz of the 700$ Price tag on the original and the 150$ cut on the price for the newer ones now,

The PS3 is a waste of money for right now, it has NOTHING good on it that you cant get for the 360, the only thing that anyone should be looking forward to on the PS3 is MGS4 and FFXIII, and White Knight

That's it no more no less everything else is ported over to the 360 so the PS3 is a HUGE let down for a next gen system, as well as the fact that it looks like a Gorge Foreman Grill


wow dude you are completly lost my friend
4442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Over the californ...
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
ps3 can support lunix so its 399 or 499 for a computer basicly and ps3 has a lot of good exclusives
1587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

Trigin wrote:

ouch that's a blow to gamers, Misspelling one of the Best games ever made... Biohazard ? ITS BIOSHOCK FFS,

and yes, it would easily be worth getting,

1) Oblivion
2) Ninja Gaiden II
3) Devil May Cry 4
4) Katamari Damacy
5) Viva Pinata
6) Lost Planet
7) Guitar Hero II / III
8) Rock Band
9) Eternal Sonata
10) Kingdom Under Fire: Series

Those are just some of the games that are Must haves, and even tho some may also be for the PS3 guess what, THE PS3 IS 200$ MORE !!! so yea, Get the .01% Lesser Graphic System with the same games and game play with BETTER controls and MORE games to Choose From then the PS3 which has NOTHING right now other then Resistance, Every other game that WAS a Exclusive is now Ported over to the 360 Because the PS3 Is unpopular like shit cuz of the 700$ Price tag on the original and the 150$ cut on the price for the newer ones now,

The PS3 is a waste of money for right now, it has NOTHING good on it that you cant get for the 360, the only thing that anyone should be looking forward to on the PS3 is MGS4 and FFXIII, and White Knight

That's it no more no less everything else is ported over to the 360 so the PS3 is a HUGE let down for a next gen system, as well as the fact that it looks like a Gorge Foreman Grill


arent all those games available on other consoles?

havent xbox360 made any origonal games non fps
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

Trigin wrote:

ouch that's a blow to gamers, Misspelling one of the Best games ever made... Biohazard ? ITS BIOSHOCK FFS,

and yes, it would easily be worth getting,

1) Oblivion
2) Ninja Gaiden II
3) Devil May Cry 4
4) Katamari Damacy
5) Viva Pinata
6) Lost Planet
7) Guitar Hero II / III
8) Rock Band
9) Eternal Sonata
10) Kingdom Under Fire: Series

Those are just some of the games that are Must haves, and even tho some may also be for the PS3 guess what, THE PS3 IS 200$ MORE !!! so yea, Get the .01% Lesser Graphic System with the same games and game play with BETTER controls and MORE games to Choose From then the PS3 which has NOTHING right now other then Resistance, Every other game that WAS a Exclusive is now Ported over to the 360 Because the PS3 Is unpopular like shit cuz of the 700$ Price tag on the original and the 150$ cut on the price for the newer ones now,

The PS3 is a waste of money for right now, it has NOTHING good on it that you cant get for the 360, the only thing that anyone should be looking forward to on the PS3 is MGS4 and FFXIII, and White Knight

That's it no more no less everything else is ported over to the 360 so the PS3 is a HUGE let down for a next gen system, as well as the fact that it looks like a Gorge Foreman Grill


I'd agree with you on the graphics part because there isn't that big of a difference right now between the two, but the better controls thing is arguable. I've tried the DMC4 demo on a friend's 360, and it just felt kind of weird because I've been playing the previous games with the PS2 controller. So in the end, the whole better controls is all depending on what you're familiar with.

Also, the PS3 right now still have a couple of good games out for it. Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Unreal Tournament, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk just to name a few of the good (or at least pretty decent) exclusives on the PS3. They may not be system sellers, but it's a good start.

But like you said, it's mostly MGS4 and FF13 that'll attract people to the console (and also God of War 3, another big name later). The PS3 isn't that expensive now, $100 more than a 360, so not as bad as when it first came out, and with those games, the PS3 isn't such a wate of money anymore.
Trigin 
70692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
Still, its not worth it right now to go out and spend the extra cash on a system that in another year should have a decent line of games and the price of the system gone down by another hundred or more, so until then im refusing to buy it for the sake of lack of games and or money

Also i forgot to add in Dead Rising to the list of games for the 360, how i forgot it i'll never know, it was amusing,

as well as Unreal 3 is for PC and 360 as well, so not exclusive for PS3, Ratchet and Clank and Drakes Fortune, and Warhawk, are about the only Decent Exclusives and yet Ratchet and Clank will sink about 20+ hours of you're life (which is average) Supposedly Drakes Fortune can be rushed through in or around 4-5 hours, which i find to be a waste of money to play a game for 5 hours and get through it unless it was made for replay value and had hundreds of hidden items to look for,

And Heavenly sword is like a mini knock off of God of War with "Award Winning" CGI Cinimatics and Graphics for a game, and can be rushed through in about 7 hours supposedly, so that was a "let down" for all the wait time the creators made people wait,

But as i said before, and this is my opinion is that I won't get it because of the $499 Price tag on it and not a decently large sum of exclusives that i want to play,
3785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Spencer,Iowa 51301
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
Probably not but then again I'd buy a ps3 first anyway who wants to pay for freaking online play? Heck I already pay for internet why pay more money to Microsoft I'm already going to get certified by them if i want their games ill just use a computer.
1102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada, Qc
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

Trigin wrote:

Still, its not worth it right now to go out and spend the extra cash on a system that in another year should have a decent line of games and the price of the system gone down by another hundred or more, so until then im refusing to buy it for the sake of lack of games and or money

Also i forgot to add in Dead Rising to the list of games for the 360, how i forgot it i'll never know, it was amusing,

as well as Unreal 3 is for PC and 360 as well, so not exclusive for PS3, Ratchet and Clank and Drakes Fortune, and Warhawk, are about the only Decent Exclusives and yet Ratchet and Clank will sink about 20+ hours of you're life (which is average) Supposedly Drakes Fortune can be rushed through in or around 4-5 hours, which i find to be a waste of money to play a game for 5 hours and get through it unless it was made for replay value and had hundreds of hidden items to look for,

And Heavenly sword is like a mini knock off of God of War with "Award Winning" CGI Cinimatics and Graphics for a game, and can be rushed through in about 7 hours supposedly, so that was a "let down" for all the wait time the creators made people wait,

But as i said before, and this is my opinion is that I won't get it because of the $499 Price tag on it and not a decently large sum of exclusives that i want to play,


I think it's worth it, I can go to the web and all, and in a few weeks PS3 will get all small features of the X360 like playing your music whilst playing a game. For the price of the PS3 you have 5 times the spaces of a X360, the blue-ray which is very expensive and it doesn't have the "ring of death". I had 3 Xbox360 with the ring of death consecutively or it was overheating even though i had the intercooler (well the 1st I bought was a used one). You can buy one for the price of the X360 with less features.

Drake's Fortune is a game with lots of unlockable.
Oh... HD-DVD is losing to Blue-RAY and Microsoft is considering the Blue-RAY.

Also it's nearly only been a year that it's out. While the X360... (I forgot LOL) let say 2 years. It took 1 year and a half to see games like Halo3 and Mass Effect ? Big games. (Bioshock too)

Anyway, for the topic : the Xbox360 is worth it, lots of good games.... Dead or Alive 4 , Dead Rising and others non-FPS which don't come to my mind.
Trigin 
70692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
exactly, and Microsoft was cheap and when they said there "system" was HD DVD Compatible, it means they let you go out and buy the $150 HD DVD DRIVER and then INSTALL IT onto the 360, for another 100 you can get a more reliable HD DVD Player or for another 50-100 get a Blu-Ray which is hands down the best format available, (i just have the Blu-Ray player on its own to watch movies man are they fricking awesome looking in 1080p)

but yea, My Pointless ranting only leads to the conclussion of obviously the 360 is worth getting even without the big FPS Games, but without the Big FPS Games on the PS3 they would be NO WHERE lol, Resistance is the only game that kept Sony Alive through the Debochery of the Price Wars, without it they woulda be sunk hands down, it was about a year after its launch it saw Heavenly Sword and Drakes Fortune, which brought in some cash flow, without Resistance Sony = No More
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

Trigin wrote:

Still, its not worth it right now to go out and spend the extra cash on a system that in another year should have a decent line of games and the price of the system gone down by another hundred or more, so until then im refusing to buy it for the sake of lack of games and or money

Also i forgot to add in Dead Rising to the list of games for the 360, how i forgot it i'll never know, it was amusing,

as well as Unreal 3 is for PC and 360 as well, so not exclusive for PS3, Ratchet and Clank and Drakes Fortune, and Warhawk, are about the only Decent Exclusives and yet Ratchet and Clank will sink about 20+ hours of you're life (which is average) Supposedly Drakes Fortune can be rushed through in or around 4-5 hours, which i find to be a waste of money to play a game for 5 hours and get through it unless it was made for replay value and had hundreds of hidden items to look for,

And Heavenly sword is like a mini knock off of God of War with "Award Winning" CGI Cinimatics and Graphics for a game, and can be rushed through in about 7 hours supposedly, so that was a "let down" for all the wait time the creators made people wait,

But as i said before, and this is my opinion is that I won't get it because of the $499 Price tag on it and not a decently large sum of exclusives that i want to play,


Wait, so Unreal Tournament is coming to the 360? That's weird, I could've sworn it was listed as a PS3 exclusive.

But anyways, your argument seems to be that most of those good exclusive games are short, but it seems that you always say rushing through the game, which in my opinion is the worst way to play any game. Of course I'm not saying try to drag the game on the get more playtime, but play enough to experience 100% of the game and get most out of it, which would probably double the playtime that you listed.

And plus, buying a PS3 doesn't restrict you to only exclusives, you can still buy most of the games you listed above as reasons for the 360 on the PS3. When comparing the games for consoles, you have to list exclusives for 360, most of which I can get them on the PC (Bioshock, Gears of War etc), and some will probably come soon like Mass Effect. PS3 exclusives like MGS4 and FF13 you can't get on the PC or any other system, which will actually make you buy the console if you want to play those games. I guess it's all just up to preferences. I'm not trying to argue that the PS3 is better, I'm ust arguing that the PS3 isn't as bad as you think it is (and for me, it's my 1st choice).
Posted 2/8/08
of course, but no gears of war.... thats going to be a problem.
and only if my 360 was guaranteed not to break.. stupid crap.
Trigin 
70692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/9/08
gears technically isnt a FPS, but still kinda is cus of the camera angle thats why i didn't add it, and the PS3 like i said is pricey compared to the 360, which makes the 360 still a valuable asset to the Console Generation and more then enough to get the thing,

which is basically what the topic was originally for, Is it worth getting a 360 XD

Hell if u had a choice between a 360, PS3 or a Wii im willing to bet 80% of everyone would handsdown Snatch the Wii without thinking twice, others, would probably debate what would give them more enjoyment, and others wouldnt take a single one cus they already have them all lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.