First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Change Planet name to Namek
13510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Second star on th...
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
a guy named Lou Earley from Osceola, IA has started a change.org petition to change the name of Kepler 22-b to "Namek". the petition has a goal of 150,000 signatures and its already over halfway there we should help him get those signatures.

https://www.change.org/p/nasa-changing-the-planet-name-of-kepler-22-b-to-namek


*if this has already been shared please remove*
Posted 12/5/15
The residents on Kepler 22-b are going "What's up with these Earthlings thinking they can decide the name of our planet?"
7895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
There's a dinosaur species named after a Pokemon, so why not?
42061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / midgar, Cali
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
That would be kick ass lol
33051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
If I were to name a planet they would all be called Bob...
18412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/5/15 , edited 12/5/15

Hrafna wrote:

The residents on Kepler 22-b are going "What's up with these Earthlings thinking they can decide the name of our planet?"


This basically, let's rule out the fact there isn't sentient life on Kepler 22-b first or that it doesn't belong to some alien empire or some shit ya know before acting like we have the right to name anything not in our solar system.
7895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

Somewhat_Insane_Monkey wrote:

If I were to name a planet they would all be called Bob...


I really liked that movie.
15321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/5/15 , edited 12/5/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


Somewhat_Insane_Monkey wrote:

If I were to name a planet they would all be called Bob...


I really liked that movie.


...EWWW!! And besides, if you're going to crib Joss Whedon movie lines, at least pick Marvel or Firefly ones, they're cooler.

And then there's the issue of worrying whether someone was constantly going to blow up a Planet Namek.
33051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


Somewhat_Insane_Monkey wrote:

If I were to name a planet they would all be called Bob...


I really liked that movie.


It's been such a long time I barely remember it but I will always remember him naming the planet bob.
35735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
Huh, it even kind of looks like Namek. Sure, let's do it.
6348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/5/15

Ranwolf wrote:


Hrafna wrote:

The residents on Kepler 22-b are going "What's up with these Earthlings thinking they can decide the name of our planet?"


This basically, let's rule out the fact there isn't sentient life on Kepler 22-b first or that it doesn't belong to some alien empire or some shit ya know before acting like we have the right to name anything not in our solar system.


There's really no way to do that with current technology. And it's not like we're going to travel there anyway.
Posted 12/5/15
Why would anyone try to stop him from doing this????///
422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Starlight Academy
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
Oh man. When I first saw this news I was wondering if this was a joke, but it turns out it isn't. That's so cool since I love Dragon Ball
Posted 12/5/15
That's kinda funny. Sure why not? haha
4170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
I say go for it. it's better than kepler 22-b or whatever. That's just so bland so we should definitely give it a real name.

So why not Namek?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.