First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Change Planet name to Namek
11702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
so are we gunna name the next alien overlord race the friezans?
Posted 12/5/15
They can Namek whatever they want I guess.
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

They can Namek whatever they want I guess.




I mean, PeripheralVisonary!
Posted 12/5/15

cyberfaust wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

They can Namek whatever they want I guess.




I mean, PeripheralVisonary!


Just Saiyan.
Posted 12/5/15

cyberfaust wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:


Hrafna wrote:

The residents on Kepler 22-b are going "What's up with these Earthlings thinking they can decide the name of our planet?"


This basically, let's rule out the fact there isn't sentient life on Kepler 22-b first or that it doesn't belong to some alien empire or some shit ya know before acting like we have the right to name anything not in our solar system.


There's really no way to do that with current technology. And it's not like we're going to travel there anyway.


You say that, but the Xarblorgs might just disagree.
Posted 12/5/15
okay...
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:



Just Saiyan.





Hrafna wrote:



You say that, but the Xarblorgs might just disagree.


It'd be pretty petty for them to come over here and complain about what we named it, considering we don't have spaceflight, and it would imply they were intercepting our mostly terrestrial communication for some reason.
6151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

Ranwolf wrote:


Hrafna wrote:

The residents on Kepler 22-b are going "What's up with these Earthlings thinking they can decide the name of our planet?"


This basically, let's rule out the fact there isn't sentient life on Kepler 22-b first or that it doesn't belong to some alien empire or some shit ya know before acting like we have the right to name anything not in our solar system.


Why does it matter? It will only be what we call it in the English language. For example we don't call China by either The Middle Kingdom or Zhong Guo either of which would be a better representation of what the resident refer to their country as.
51239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
We must name the next planet Frieza Planet 419.
101429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

There's a dinosaur species named after a Pokemon, so why not?


Is it a Bulbasaur? Please tell me it's a Bulbasaur.
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

saprobe wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

There's a dinosaur species named after a Pokemon, so why not?


Is it a Bulbasaur? Please tell me it's a Bulbasaur.


Aerodactyl.
101429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


saprobe wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

There's a dinosaur species named after a Pokemon, so why not?


Is it a Bulbasaur? Please tell me it's a Bulbasaur.


Aerodactyl.


Awwww. I am crushed.

51239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Aerodactyl.


That's funny considering Aerodactyl itself is named after an already known dinosaur. It's like they said "hey, let's name this dinosaur species after a Pokemon that's already named after another dinosaur species."
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/5/15
Why does he even care what it's called?
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/5/15

cyberfaust wrote:


It'd be pretty petty for them to come over here and complain about what we named it, considering we don't have spaceflight, and it would imply they were intercepting our mostly terrestrial communication for some reason.


Petty or not at that point they'd have a valid compliant..and no doubt some damn shiny toys ya know. Is your pigheadedness really worth the fate of our entire species. I say leave that distant chunk of rock and gas alone for now, I'd rather not run the risk of pissing off a technologically advanced alien race. There are plenty of closer planets we know for a fact are lifeless lumps of rock we can rename if we want.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.