First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Terror, Worries and Threats , our way of life.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/6/15

thegreywitch wrote:


VZ68 wrote:


thegreywitch wrote:Often I think of nations where people have no guns and their crime rate isn't anywhere close to ours,


You're right.



It's much, much higher than ours.



But much lower murder rates.


Because in the UK, it isn't a murder until they have a suspect and a trial.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/6/15 , edited 12/6/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


VZ68 wroteYou're right.



It's much, much higher than ours.
nice EU stats.



Canada is in the EU? South Africa?
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/6/15

VZ68 wrote: Canada is in the EU? South Africa?
shit.. XP oh well murder rates and then count all the asian places.

Posted 12/6/15
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/6/15


Last link doesn't work, but that's OK, I gained enough info from the random "guns" in your URL to know where that is going.
Sogno- 
45650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/6/15
idk about that first post, run on paragraphs make my eyes bleed

well it's not good to live in fear but neither is it good to think everything will be alright and nothing will happen to you and those you care about

so uh

in the end, we need to eat more cabbage
10771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / MO, USA
Offline
Posted 12/6/15

Ranwolf wrote:


thekevin4 wrote:


Allow me to summarize, so that others don't have to struggle through your poor grammar and inability to create multiple paragraphs..... ahem....

I served in the military and I am therefore better than you! If you didn't go to the army because you had no other future for yourself you're a coward!


The army is the only fucking reason you lot have had as much peace and freedom as you enjoy. Including the right to insult the memory of men and women a thousand times your better. If you don't like it feel free to leave the rights and privileges you enjoy right now and move to Syria or some shit.


I dunno. I have some family who did stuff in the military. I mean I respect all civil servants. I just kinda lose respect for the ones that lose their sense of humility and feel they have something to prove.
Posted 12/6/15

Sogno- wrote:

idk about that first post, run on paragraphs make my eyes bleed

well it's not good to live in fear but neither is it good to think everything will be alright and nothing will happen to you and those you care about

so uh

in the end, we need to eat more cabbage


It will be alright, and if it doesn't , I'll adapt accordingly. Until I see a need to do so, I won't concern myself with idiots and methodologies that could get me killed, like gun culture, hypervigilantism, or like feeling like needing to police the world. When that changes, I'll get a gun.
25364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Dublin, Ireland (...
Offline
Posted 12/6/15
My country, Ireland, hasn't been hit by a foreign terrorist attack yet (Although right now there's a media blackout as there could be one in progress in the west), but we've had a lot of domestic terrorism in the UVF and the IRA for a long time, every year since 1922 shit's happened. We don't own guns generally, in fact the shit you have to go through to obtain one is enough to make you say "Ah sure, leave it."

But now? We're scared shitless. People are worried about ISIS, about a possible World War III, about our neighbours (UK) being targets for nuclear detonation. I can't imagine what it must be like in France or Sweden...

I'm a social democrat, and in Irish terms, left-wing. Right wing economically, left wing socially. I'm for immigration, especially from the EU... But that's just in Ireland.

I support le Front National (France) and Sweden Democrats, and I've been sympathetic in the past to British movements for clamping down on Islamic immigration. I understand their fear, their paranoia. I can't imagine what it must be like to live in London now, knowing that potential threats lurk around every corner.

I guess we're just going to have to live with it.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/15 , edited 12/6/15

Ranwolf wrote:


thekevin4 wrote:


Allow me to summarize, so that others don't have to struggle through your poor grammar and inability to create multiple paragraphs..... ahem....

I served in the military and I am therefore better than you! If you didn't go to the army because you had no other future for yourself you're a coward!


The army is the only fucking reason you lot have had as much peace and freedom as you enjoy. Including the right to insult the memory of men and women a thousand times your better. If you don't like it feel free to leave the rights and privileges you enjoy right now and move to Syria or some shit.


Yeah man. Are rights were totally being protected when we went in and invaded Iraq.

9738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Around
Offline
Posted 12/6/15 , edited 12/6/15
Back on topic, if we change our daily lives the terrorist win. At the same time we must stay prepared, but not afraid. That's just the short term and local for every individual solution, not going to get into what I think the long term and global solution is.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/6/15

PrincessLunza wrote:

My country, Ireland, hasn't been hit by a foreign terrorist attack yet (Although right now there's a media blackout as there could be one in progress in the west), but we've had a lot of domestic terrorism in the UVF and the IRA for a long time, every year since 1922 shit's happened. We don't own guns generally, in fact the shit you have to go through to obtain one is enough to make you say "Ah sure, leave it."

But now? We're scared shitless. People are worried about ISIS, about a possible World War III, about our neighbours (UK) being targets for nuclear detonation. I can't imagine what it must be like in France or Sweden...

I'm a social democrat, and in Irish terms, left-wing. Right wing economically, left wing socially. I'm for immigration, especially from the EU... But that's just in Ireland.

I support le Front National (France) and Sweden Democrats, and I've been sympathetic in the past to British movements for clamping down on Islamic immigration. I understand their fear, their paranoia. I can't imagine what it must be like to live in London now, knowing that potential threats lurk around every corner.

I guess we're just going to have to live with it.


It all depends on who you call a terrorist.
776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Cleveland, OH
Offline
Posted 12/6/15
I'd say that for most of us, it is a choice to live in fear. Crazy and horrible things have happened consistently since the birth of the world, but we've learned to handle it better as a species. I'm not downplaying the horrendous terrorist attacks in France or shootings the US or anything of that nature, but I look at them as human follies and go on with my daily life. It's the only way I can live.
Posted 12/6/15

Ranwolf wrote:

Bunch of whiny useless civilians the lot of you. I fought the camel jockeys so you worthless cowards can bitch about the need to protect yourself being beyond your abilities and or moral beliefs, just fuck it. The world has changed and you cowards are going to have to accept that we have an enemy who has shown themselves to be cunning, patient, and above all determined to kill everyone that disagrees with their diseased philosophy and perversion of Islam . Oh and those nations you talk about whose gun ownership laws are vastly different, all have one thing in common. They aren't players on the global stage, they are insignificant backwaters whose military might is about four border guards and a passport office. The camel jockey's don't bother them because there is no point in weakening the resolve of their citizens. They aren't a threat to their plans. All the countries thus targeted are major players on the world stage with armies to back them up. They are a threat to their plans, and thus far have defeated them time and time again on the field of battle. I count my country among them, we've stop every terrorist force we've meet cleanly and quickly I might add. So instead of fighting a losing battle they have turned to international terror. Why because they know spineless whelps like you exist and will try to make others believe your cowardice is the best solution to peace.


Who pissed in your cereal? You may have fought in a war but for all we know you could of been the coward shitting himself in fear. I respect soldiers, but with your attitude I can't respect you or how you think. Hence my K/D joke to you, you're a joke.




thekevin4 wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

Bunch of whiny useless civilians the lot of you. I fought the camel jockeys so you worthless cowards can bitch about the need to protect yourself being beyond your abilities and or moral beliefs, just fuck it. The world has changed and you cowards are going to have to accept that we have an enemy who has shown themselves to be cunning, patient, and above all determined to kill everyone that disagrees with their diseased philosophy and perversion of Islam . Oh and those nations you talk about whose gun ownership laws are vastly different, all have one thing in common. They aren't players on the global stage, they are insignificant backwaters whose military might is about four border guards and a passport office. The camel jockey's don't bother them because there is no point in weakening the resolve of their citizens. They aren't a threat to their plans. All the countries thus targeted are major players on the world stage with armies to back them up. They are a threat to their plans, and thus far have defeated them time and time again on the field of battle. I count my country among them, we've stop every terrorist force we've meet cleanly and quickly I might add. So instead of fighting a losing battle they have turned to international terror. Why because they know spineless whelps like you exist and will try to make others believe your cowardice is the best solution to peace.


Allow me to summarize, so that others don't have to struggle through your poor grammar and inability to create multiple paragraphs..... ahem....

I served in the military and I am therefore better than you! If you didn't go to the army because you had no other future for yourself you're a coward!


Thank you, I couldn't understand a word of that.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/6/15
People on the sharp end tend to get funny after awhile.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.