First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do people not care about others?
42439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/7/15
Some people are just like that.
6362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 12/7/15
Other people are jerks. I hate people in general (With few exceptions).
But I am caring person, I listen to other people and try to help.
20300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/7/15

Ryulightorb wrote:






what's up with you now mate?


In the words of the great Jeyn Roberts, "There are three sides to every story. Yours. Mine. What really happened: the truth."
20883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/7/15 , edited 12/7/15

LITVoid wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:






what's up with you now mate?


In the words of the great Jeyn Roberts, "There are three sides to every story. Yours. Mine. What really happened: the truth."


So you are saying we are both wrong or something now?

Because i ain't making up shit ._. i'm just telling it from my perspective of what happened nothing wrong with that.
1817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / PA
Offline
Posted 12/7/15
Alot of people I think who can say just give up have had a happy life with no problems and don't know what it's like for themselves to suffer.
Posted 12/7/15
Monkey spheres my friend.
20300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/7/15 , edited 12/7/15

Ryulightorb wrote:


LITVoid wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:






what's up with you now mate?


In the words of the great Jeyn Roberts, "There are three sides to every story. Yours. Mine. What really happened: the truth."


So you are saying we are both wrong or something now?

Because i ain't making up shit ._. i'm just telling it from my perspective of what happened nothing wrong with that.


This will probably be my last post in this thread because it's gone from my cheeky alleviation of boredom to explaining a saying that should need no explaining. The whole point of that saying is that no one can ever derive the truth from one or even both sides of any story. That is, when someone tells a story, particularly one that affects them, things will change from the original truth. That's just how it is. So you can talk about just saying what's from your perspective, but ultimately one can't expect it to be the full truth. That's the point of that quote.

As for me, I don't care. As you know, I'm selfish and whatnot. I'll gladly wear that because at least I know who I am.
20883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/7/15

LITVoid wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


LITVoid wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:






what's up with you now mate?


In the words of the great Jeyn Roberts, "There are three sides to every story. Yours. Mine. What really happened: the truth."


So you are saying we are both wrong or something now?

Because i ain't making up shit ._. i'm just telling it from my perspective of what happened nothing wrong with that.


This will probably be my last post in this thread because it's gone from my cheeky alleviation of boredom to explaining a saying that should need no explaining. The whole point of that saying is that no one can ever derive the truth from one or even both sides of any story. That is, when someone tells a story, particularly one that affects them, things will change from the original truth. That's just how it is. So you can talk about just saying what's from your perspective, but ultimately one can't expect it to be the full truth. That's the point of that quote.

As for me, I don't care. As you know, I'm selfish and whatnot. I'll gladly wear that because at least I know who I am.


Well that goes without saying and we are all selfish.

We just need to try to be selfless when we can
120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Tasmania, Australia
Offline
Posted 12/7/15 , edited 12/7/15
Some people have more empathy than others. It's not a fault to be "too empathetic" or to "lack empathy" it's just how people are. If we were to put empathy on a scale, we would get "altruistic" on one end and "psychopathic" on the other. (Don't confuse "psychopath" with "psychosis" that's two different things. A psychopath doesn't have to be a crazed killer). So everyone's level of empathy fits somewhere with in the scope between altruistic and psychopathic.

If you want to get technical it seems to come down to "mirror neurons" in the brain and the subjective experience of the person involved. eg, someone who has no experience with suicidal feelings/thoughts will have no idea how to empathize with that. That's not to say that someone who does empathize has been suicidal at any time, it just means that they've put some thought into what it might be like, coz that's what an empathetic type does, particularly and introverted empathetic type. So not to worry, we all think differently. We can't even prove that your green is the same as my green. Live and let live and be yourself no matter who tells you that you're wrong.

"Everyone assumes that everyone else thinks like me, and if they don't then they should". Until they figure out that it's impossible.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/7/15 , edited 12/7/15
Depends on the case. I have a lot more scrutiny about those threatening suicide because I've had a lot of people use that empathy of mine to manipulate me. You'd be surprised, but a lot of people don't think twice about saying dumb pathetic shit to get someone to throw a pity party for them, gain favors, or to intentionally to make someone feel bad. I've heard too many boys threaten to cut themselves or end their lives over the dumbest shit--that now more often than not, it makes me irritated than anything else. Those people make it hard for me to gauge the difference between the honest ones that need help, the assholes, and the people that need to learn how to help themselves.

I've had to talk someone out of suicide twice now and he has legitimate problems. He wasn't pulling my leg, we barely knew each other the first time. He was just going down his list of contacts until someone picked up, thankfully, I picked up on a whim. He was crying and struggling to talk above a whisper, it's probably the most painful thing I've had to hear yet. I don't know how someone doesn't care listening to someone breaking down, apologizing and admitting he just downed a bunch of sleeping pills. He's doing better this year from what I can tell.

A lot of times though, most people need a kick in the bum to get their ass off the floor. There are multiple ways to show care. Pity doesn't help many. Most people just need a someone to push on them so they can learn to stand up. You can't help someone that doesn't want to stand--someone that doesn't want to help themselves. People can give support, but they can't do anything more than that. If you're leaning on them for everything then eventually people are going to learn you have no intention of getting better and their efforts are being wasted.

It's hard to care for people who don't care about themselves or the other people in their lives. There's a difference between someone who simply needs help finding his/her way back, and someone who wants to stay lost.

Then of course you got the fuckwits using such matters to be showered with people's care or to get something they want. I've met way too many of these assholes.

Posted 12/7/15

PrinceJudar wrote:

Depends on the case. I have a lot more scrutiny about those threatening suicide because I've had a lot of people use that empathy of mine to manipulate me. You'd be surprised, but a lot of people don't think twice about saying dumb pathetic shit to get someone to throw a pity party for them, gain favors, or to intentionally to make someone feel bad. I've heard too many boys threaten to cut themselves or end their lives over the dumbest shit--that now more often than not, it makes me irritated than anything else. Those people make it hard for me to gauge the difference between the honest ones that need help, the assholes, and the people that need to learn how to help themselves.

I've had to talk someone out of suicide twice now and he has legitimate problems. He wasn't pulling my leg, we barely knew each other the first time. He was just going down his list of contacts until someone picked up, thankfully, I picked up on a whim. He was crying and struggling to talk above a whisper, it's probably the most painful thing I've had to hear yet. I don't know how someone doesn't care listening to someone breaking down, apologizing and admitting he just downed a bunch of sleeping pills. He's doing better this year from what I can tell.

A lot of times though, most people need a kick in the bum to get their ass off the floor. There are multiple ways to show care. Pity doesn't help many. Most people just need a someone to push on them so they can learn to stand up. You can't help someone that doesn't want to stand--someone that doesn't want to help themselves. People can give support, but they can't do anything more than that. If you're leaning on them for everything then eventually people are going to learn you have no intention of getting better and their efforts are being wasted.

It's hard to care for people who don't care about themselves or the other people in their lives. There's a difference between someone who simply needs help finding his/her way back, and someone who wants to stay lost.

Then of course you got the fuckwits using such matters to be showered with people's care or to get something they want. I've met way too many of these assholes.



I've met quite a few manipulative people like that. I know, because I'm incredibly manipulative apparently.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/7/15 , edited 12/7/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I've met quite a few manipulative people like that. I know, because I'm incredibly manipulative apparently.


Bleh. It's mostly the people that have told me they're harming themselves or going to harm themselves because of something I've said or done. However, they never say it directly. They're just 'Oh btw, I'm cutting myself now. Don't worry I'm fine.' What kind of raging asshole does that?

Then I've had the 'please don't reject me if you do I won't live!' *talks for an hour about how he's always wanted to kill himself and life problems*

Dicks.



Posted 12/7/15

PrinceJudar wrote:

Bleh. It's mostly the people that have told me they're harming themselves or going to harm themselves because of something I've said or done. However, they never say it directly. They're just 'Oh btw, I'm cutting myself now. Don't worry I'm fine.' What kind of raging asshole does that?

Then I've had the 'please don't reject me if you do I won't live!' *talks for an hour about how he's always wanted to kill himself and life problems*

Dicks.


Awkward moment when my girl does both these things.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/7/15 , edited 12/7/15

haikinka wrote:

Awkward moment when my girl does both these things.




That is awks.



11891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 12/7/15 , edited 12/7/15
Sometimes it's just a waste of time to try and help. When a person doesn't care about themselves anymore and has no intention of working to get through their problems or just doesn't want to listen to you, it's pretty impossible for them to make any improvements even with your help. I don't have the skill to help these people.
I want to help everyone I can help. There are plenty of people with problems who really have the will to try and fix them and can actually benefit from my help. Why would I waste my time on someone who is almost impossible for me to help, my life isn't unlimited and I can only do so much with the time I have.

I don't think it's cruel when someone doesn't want to help every stranger they meet. There's so many people in this world who need help and very few people have enough empathy for all of them. I do it because it makes me feel good as well, in a sense that's a selfish reason.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.