First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply People Who Think Everything is a Government Conspiracy
587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 12/8/15
I recently heard of a conspiracy theory that Adolf Hitler somehow faked his death at the end of WWII and is actually still alive. Not only that, but according to the conspiracy theory Adolf Hitler is the creator and/or leader of ISIS (not of mention that he changed his name into something more Arabic sounding).
27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/15 , edited 12/8/15

Pendrick wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:

Now, people are against renewable energy because it's a government conspiracy. .


lol, really?

that's so interesting! where did you get that from? i want to read the full thing.


I lost the link to the article, but it basically shows that people are against renewable energy simply because it's subsidized by the government. Arnold Schwarzenegger also posted something about it.

Pretty damn stupid. Fossil fuels aren't an infinite source of energy. What do they plan to do when it runs out? When fossil fuels become more scarce, the amount of money they'd have to spend goes up anyway. Might as well go with renewable energy but a surprising number of people only see "subsidized by the government" and don't think about anything else other than that the government is trying to figure out a way to take more of their money. It doesn't seem to faze them that they'll pay prodigiously for fossil fuels if they become scarce and there are no alternative energy sources, they just don't want a penny to go to the government. They rarely address environmental issues, it's all about not giving money to the nefarious government.

Some say that our emissions are harmless, which is outright illogical. Some even go so far as to say renewable energy is impossible to implement in a practical way when a few of their neighbors probably have solar panels and are enjoying greatly reduced electricity bills. And they've probably seen hybrid and electric cars on the road.


LadyPsychic wrote:

I recently heard of a conspiracy theory that Adolf Hitler somehow faked his death at the end of WWII and is actually still alive. Not only that, but according to the conspiracy theory Adolf Hitler is the creator and/or leader of ISIS (not of mention that he changed his name into something more Arabic sounding).


This is the best one.
8018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / florida
Offline
Posted 12/8/15

Morbidhanson wrote:

I lost the link to the article, but it basically shows that people are against renewable energy simply because it's subsidized by the government. Pretty damn stupid. Fossil fuels aren't an infinite source of energy. What do they plan to do when it runs out? When fossil fuels become more scarce, the amount of money they'd have to spend goes up anyway. Might as well go with renewable energy but a surprising number of people only see "subsidized by the government" and don't think about anything else other than that the government is trying to figure out a way to take more of their money. It doesn't seem to faze them that they'll pay prodigiously for fossil fuels if they become scarce and there are no alternative energy sources, they just don't want a penny to go to the government. They rarely address environmental issues, it's all about not giving money to the nefarious government.

Some even go so far as to say renewable energy is impossible to implement in a practical way when a few of their neighbors probably have solar panels and are enjoying greatly reduced electricity bills. And they've probably seen hybrid and electrical cars on the road.

This sounds more like a case of blind patriotism then counter concpiracy concpiracy....

27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/15

lukedollo wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:

I lost the link to the article, but it basically shows that people are against renewable energy simply because it's subsidized by the government. Pretty damn stupid. Fossil fuels aren't an infinite source of energy. What do they plan to do when it runs out? When fossil fuels become more scarce, the amount of money they'd have to spend goes up anyway. Might as well go with renewable energy but a surprising number of people only see "subsidized by the government" and don't think about anything else other than that the government is trying to figure out a way to take more of their money. It doesn't seem to faze them that they'll pay prodigiously for fossil fuels if they become scarce and there are no alternative energy sources, they just don't want a penny to go to the government. They rarely address environmental issues, it's all about not giving money to the nefarious government.

Some even go so far as to say renewable energy is impossible to implement in a practical way when a few of their neighbors probably have solar panels and are enjoying greatly reduced electricity bills. And they've probably seen hybrid and electrical cars on the road.

This sounds more like a case of blind patriotism then counter concpiracy concpiracy....



Quite closely related, probably.

We're the people! You can't control us! We know you're trying!
258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 12/8/15

LadyPsychic wrote:

I recently heard of a conspiracy theory that Adolf Hitler somehow faked his death at the end of WWII and is actually still alive. Not only that, but according to the conspiracy theory Adolf Hitler is the creator and/or leader of ISIS (not of mention that he changed his name into something more Arabic sounding).


Yeah there are certainly some wacky theories about the WWII era. Another 'back from the grave' type theory from that time is that Anne Frank actually survived being in the camps, escaped to north to Denmark or something and then started fighting in the war. There's other ones about Hitler, too, like that he and his crew used ancient, or were trying to use ancient mystical technology to win the war.
5970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/15
But...I want to believe!

120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Tasmania, Australia
Offline
Posted 12/8/15 , edited 12/8/15

Morbidhanson wrote:

I think it's getting to the point where a large body of people will claim everything is a government conspiracy, no matter what the big guys are saying.

Chemtrails? Hah. At least relatively few people subscribe to this theory. I can take it.

Food and resource waste?
Are you kidding me? This is starting to get bad.

GMOs? Uhm. Do you even know basic biology?

Vaccines? Okay, you need to stop.

Now, people are against renewable energy because it's a government conspiracy. That's quite enough. It's getting serious.

Why are people so quick to point fingers at the government? Is it because they can't stand change? Do they simply dislike being told what to do? Do they not realize it's a harmful habit? Discuss.


Chemtrails
= conspiracy theory. "Climate-Engineering" = science... ask Bill Gates. "Solar Radiation Management" means spraying aluminum powder into the atmosphere to reflect uv and infrared light... Not conspiracy theory. Just irresponsible cowboy global warming combating. The trouble is that consumption of aluminum (ie breathing it) has many adverse effects, including sterility in males. Conspiracy theory comes in with the belief in a secret agenda to reduce global population. (not aimed at govt) On a side note: aluminum in deodorants has been conclusively linked to breast cancer.

GMO's: It's not the alteration of the genes that's the issue, it's the inclusion of the "terminator gene". The purpose of the terminator gene is to prevent the offspring of the GMO plants from making more offspring. That way, the farmers can't produce their own seeds to grow and the'll have to continue to purchase seeds form the manufacturer. (Monsanto owns the vast majority of seed patents). ie, the manufacturer grows the plants which produce the seeds for sale, but the plants grown from the purchased seeds will produce infertile seeds. Clever business practice, sure! But, the problem is that consuming the terminator gene can potentially render our grandchildren sterile and infertile. Conspiracy theory comes in with the belief in a secret agenda to reduce population. (not aimed at govt)

Vaccines: There is some flimsy evidence that some vaccines contain harmful stuff which is aimed at population control. (I don't buy into this one). It relates to global pharmaceutical corporations, not govt.

This all stems from The United Nations "Agenda 21" (Short for "Agenda 21'st Century"). It's official, not theory, Google it. Section I of this agenda addresses population control. We can only theorize about who is making implementations to achieve these goals, ie, the above theories.

These theories relate to a global conglomerate of global corporations and banks, not governments. And global corporations and banks "conspire" all the time, all we can do is theorize on what they are conspiring about, sometimes we come up with some crazy ideas (particularly if smoking marijuana, gmo or not), but intelligent people come up with theories that make sense. Government is just the bitch of global corporation and banks, anyone claiming "Government Conspiracy" hasn't put a lot of thought/research into what they're saying, they're just looking for someone to blame.

As for food and recourse waste... haven't you ever thrown away food from your fridge that went bad? It's not a conspiracy, just a reality of western consumerism. Ever worked in a restaurant? Quality control in a food factory? Do you use plastic milk bottles or do you refill glass ones? Of course we waste food and resources, it's the intrinsic right of every consumer. No conspiracy here, just plain old statistics. X food gets wasted, Y food would feed the starving nations. Y/X=the percentage of waste compared to world hunger. But have you ever tried to post a lettuce to Africa? I don't think the recipient would be all that grateful.

As for the "global warming is a lie" conspiracy theory... that's just dumb. Obviously the globe is warming. However, the reasons put forward for global warming don't add up. Al Gore's explanation is the most flawed of all. Compare "the Inconvenient Truth" to "the Great Global Warming Scandal" and you'll know what I mean. Did you know that in the 70's there was a common belief in "global cooling"? ironic right? It all changed when Margret Thatcher wanted to promote "clean" nuclear energy over coal energy, thus the carbon emissions argument was born. But did you know that the greenhouse gas with the highest concentration in our atmosphere is water vapor? I'm serious! That means the hotter it gets, the more the ocean produces water vapor, the more water vapor we get, the hotter it gets... you see the trouble here? Renewable energy is a GREAT idea! for the sake of reducing pollution of the air and other waste (ie radioactive) but pollution has little to do with global warming... but we are a filthy bunch, and if believing that carbon emissions cause global warming gets people to clean up their act, then let 'em believe it! Next, how do get people to stop using plastics etc and creating land fill? Google "great pacific garbage patch" your mind will be blown.
4056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/15

Morbidhanson

I lost the link to the article, but it basically shows that people are against renewable energy simply because it's subsidized by the government. Arnold Schwarzenegger also posted something about it.

Pretty damn stupid. Fossil fuels aren't an infinite source of energy. What do they plan to do when it runs out? When fossil fuels become more scarce, the amount of money they'd have to spend goes up anyway. Might as well go with renewable energy but a surprising number of people only see "subsidized by the government" and don't think about anything else other than that the government is trying to figure out a way to take more of their money. It doesn't seem to faze them that they'll pay prodigiously for fossil fuels if they become scarce and there are no alternative energy sources, they just don't want a penny to go to the government. They rarely address environmental issues, it's all about not giving money to the nefarious government.

Some say that our emissions are harmless, which is outright illogical. Some even go so far as to say renewable energy is impossible to implement in a practical way when a few of their neighbors probably have solar panels and are enjoying greatly reduced electricity bills. And they've probably seen hybrid and electric cars on the road.



Actually you're wrong on that a bit. Renewable energy isn't as great as you may think. Yes it's a thing worth researching and improving but the fact is there are a lot of things bad or impracticle about them. Like with Solar do you have any idea how much instillation and matnence costs? Companies that try to get you to pay to install them will tell you it's worth it but that's just a sales pitch like that guy who tries to make you buy that shitty used car. Not to mention the stats they show for how much you save only apply under ideal conditions which will only maybe apply for part of the year. On the large scale you need miles of solar panels to match the power output of even one natural gas power plant. Gee I wonder what all those animals who lived in that area are doing now?

Wind farms are also rather poor as they rely on strong wins and more often than not use something like a natural gas plant to make up for when there isn't enough wind to keep power inthe grid. Those things also tend to kill a lot of birds.

Hydro is a bit better with not as many draw backs but it's biggest problem is it's very reliant on geography. You need can't just plop one down anywhere and the effects on river flow and things that lived in that water also need to be considered if you care for the enviroment.

Geothermal power is another that is good but a bit reliant on the area.

Again I'm not saying Renewable energy is evil or anything. But it's far from the holy grail that some people make it out to be and we simply can't rely on it at least not completely. Solar in particular I think has potential but right now it's really just far too inefficient to be worth the cost of making and producing them. What we need isn't this crap being shoved down out throats what we need is to put all that money being wasted on subsidies and put it into research to make this stuff more practicle.

Because while government subsidies aren't some dark conspiracy the fact the government needs to keep offering these companies free money to make this should show you it's just not worth the cost. If it wasn't for the government subsidies a lot of these companies would go backrupt from putting up all these wind and solar farms. The returns are simply not enough to cover the initial costs and if you really look at the raw data it shows this.

Sorry I know this isn't exactly what this thread was about but I just wanted to respond to that.

27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/15 , edited 12/8/15

Metazoxan wrote:


Morbidhanson

I lost the link to the article, but it basically shows that people are against renewable energy simply because it's subsidized by the government. Arnold Schwarzenegger also posted something about it.

Pretty damn stupid. Fossil fuels aren't an infinite source of energy. What do they plan to do when it runs out? When fossil fuels become more scarce, the amount of money they'd have to spend goes up anyway. Might as well go with renewable energy but a surprising number of people only see "subsidized by the government" and don't think about anything else other than that the government is trying to figure out a way to take more of their money. It doesn't seem to faze them that they'll pay prodigiously for fossil fuels if they become scarce and there are no alternative energy sources, they just don't want a penny to go to the government. They rarely address environmental issues, it's all about not giving money to the nefarious government.

Some say that our emissions are harmless, which is outright illogical. Some even go so far as to say renewable energy is impossible to implement in a practical way when a few of their neighbors probably have solar panels and are enjoying greatly reduced electricity bills. And they've probably seen hybrid and electric cars on the road.



Actually you're wrong on that a bit. Renewable energy isn't as great as you may think. Yes it's a thing worth researching and improving but the fact is there are a lot of things bad or impracticle about them. Like with Solar do you have any idea how much instillation and matnence costs? Companies that try to get you to pay to install them will tell you it's worth it but that's just a sales pitch like that guy who tries to make you buy that shitty used car. Not to mention the stats they show for how much you save only apply under ideal conditions which will only maybe apply for part of the year. On the large scale you need miles of solar panels to match the power output of even one natural gas power plant. Gee I wonder what all those animals who lived in that area are doing now?

Wind farms are also rather poor as they rely on strong wins and more often than not use something like a natural gas plant to make up for when there isn't enough wind to keep power inthe grid. Those things also tend to kill a lot of birds.

Hydro is a bit better with not as many draw backs but it's biggest problem is it's very reliant on geography. You need can't just plop one down anywhere and the effects on river flow and things that lived in that water also need to be considered if you care for the enviroment.

Geothermal power is another that is good but a bit reliant on the area.

Again I'm not saying Renewable energy is evil or anything. But it's far from the holy grail that some people make it out to be and we simply can't rely on it at least not completely. Solar in particular I think has potential but right now it's really just far too inefficient to be worth the cost of making and producing them. What we need isn't this crap being shoved down out throats what we need is to put all that money being wasted on subsidies and put it into research to make this stuff more practicle.

Because while government subsidies aren't some dark conspiracy the fact the government needs to keep offering these companies free money to make this should show you it's just not worth the cost. If it wasn't for the government subsidies a lot of these companies would go backrupt from putting up all these wind and solar farms. The returns are simply not enough to cover the initial costs and if you really look at the raw data it shows this.

Sorry I know this isn't exactly what this thread was about but I just wanted to respond to that.


I realize a lot of alternative energy technologies are in their infancy stages but, like a bunch of other tech, you sort of have to invest in it to advance the technology. Rarely do you end up with a perfect substitute technology that gets it right from the get-go. It gets better as more research is done and flaws with current tech get fixed and improvements are heaped up over time.

There's little reason to believe we need to use fossil fuels forever. We may have to use it to supplement other types of energy tech, but the fact that fossil fuels are limited means we have no choice but to substantially slow or halt its use. Sure beats ending up with nothing and having to scramble to make something work at the last minute. We haven't been using fossil fuels for long compared to stuff like muscle power. In the beginning, fossil fuel technologies were imperfect as well.

Sure, it's not worth it to spend too much on early/prototype technology but an investment is still necessary for advancement. Those who say it will never work need only look back into the past before we used fossil fuels in so widespread a manner as we currently do. This is why it boggles my mind that people are unwilling to even get their toes wet. They don't react the same way to medical advancements, it seems. You gotta ride a horse until you find another horse.
18472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/8/15 , edited 12/8/15
Everything in moderation. Caution is necessary for survival but extreme forms of caution is not good.

The government is not all bad but it is also not all good. People should instead learn to think for themselves and use common sense. Of course be wary of the government but that applies to everything in life, meaning there is no one or no system/institute you should fully trust and follow blindly. Although I trust police officers, I wouldn't give them the numbers to my bank account. Why? Because everyone, including the government has their own intentions and these intentions might benefit them but not certain individuals e.g. corruption. I think in the Bible, there's something about how only fools believe everything they hear. So people who believe everything and those who refuses to believe anything are probably on the same boat.
120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Tasmania, Australia
Offline
Posted 12/8/15 , edited 12/8/15

Metazoxan wrote:Hydro is a bit better with not as many draw backs but it's biggest problem is it's very reliant on geography. You need can't just plop one down anywhere and the effects on river flow and things that lived in that water also need to be considered if you care for the enviroment.


Hydro-Electric plants produce more greenhouse gasses than any other electric plants. It has zero carbon emissions but water vapor is the green house gas of most abundance in our atmosphere.

1430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 12/8/15
Some guy once told me the Sun was real but the moon was a hologram
39090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 12/9/15
This thread is a government conspiracy created to make us doubt other government conspiracies!!!!!! DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES!!!!
mrc4nl 
4292 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 12/9/15

megahobbit wrote:



They also have no problem with carrots even though the fact that the carrot is fucking orange is do to people messing around with selective breeding. Which is all really GMOs are.


INDEED! historically carrots used to be purple!
521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Denmark Boy
Offline
Posted 12/9/15
DUUUUDE THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO MAKE US ALL AUTISTIC WITH THESE FUCKING VACCINES!!!!! BECAUSE IF WE ARE ALL AUTISTIC WE ARE ALL SMART AND PEOPLE WILL STOP FUCKING DOING USELESS CRAP. FIGHT THE POWER DUUUUDE WE GOTTA STOP IT MAN!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.