First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Kimi no na wa (Your Name)
8894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Baltimore, Maryland
Offline
Posted 9/28/16

CaptainNermalton wrote:

When does it release in USA on Bluray


probably early 2017 judging from how long Funimation takes to release movies.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/28/16

ParadoxSpiral wrote:


CaptainNermalton wrote:

When does it release in USA on Bluray


probably early 2017 judging from how long Funimation takes to release movies.

Possibly quite a bit longer. Funimation doesn't get the Bluray masters until it comes out in Japan and it is not solicited yet in Japan. With it still #1 in the box office for the foreseeable future it may be a while yet until it is released in Japan and Funi probably won't get the masters until at least 6 months after that.

I'm just waiting for it to show here, forget the Bluray! I will be importing the Bluray from Japan rather than wait.
39429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/28/16

hpulley wrote:
I'm just waiting for it to show here, forget the Bluray!


It would be awesome if it got some form of theatrical run in the US.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/28/16

domvina wrote:


hpulley wrote:
I'm just waiting for it to show here, forget the Bluray!


It would be awesome if it got some form of theatrical run in the US.


It is! Funi has it for theatrical release!
3352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/4/16 , edited 10/4/16

Houkito wrote:
...
I don't know if anyone has thought of this already, but no one's posted it yet so!! I'm positive that this new film is inspired by a commercial Makoto Shinkai previously worked on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfbNS_GKhPw (okay to post because it's the official source before anyone asks) I'm just super excited for this because I've always wanted some anime adaptation of those characters when I saw the commercial for the first time and I'm just so happy it's finally happening!!


Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed. Of course, Crossroads isn't the only thing it looks like. Just watch this video through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHpirGluDUE

I was actually hoping something like this would come out. Of course, the plot is different, so I'll have to wait and see if the Japanese twisted version of Freaky Friday a.k.a. Switching Sides a.k.a. etc. works out. It's topped the box office numbers at #6 all time CR just reported, so maybe the large audience implies it might be enough of a family film I can show relatives. Anyone else have a family showing in mind?

edit: @hpulley - That's awesome news. Any idea where it will be showing, though?
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

HoshinoKaabi wrote:


Houkito wrote:
...
I don't know if anyone has thought of this already, but no one's posted it yet so!! I'm positive that this new film is inspired by a commercial Makoto Shinkai previously worked on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfbNS_GKhPw (okay to post because it's the official source before anyone asks) I'm just super excited for this because I've always wanted some anime adaptation of those characters when I saw the commercial for the first time and I'm just so happy it's finally happening!!


Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed. Of course, Crossroads isn't the only thing it looks like. Just watch this video through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHpirGluDUE

I was actually hoping something like this would come out. Of course, the plot is different, so I'll have to wait and see if the Japanese twisted version of Freaky Friday a.k.a. Switching Sides a.k.a. etc. works out. It's topped the box office numbers at #6 all time CR just reported, so maybe the large audience implies it might be enough of a family film I can show relatives. Anyone else have a family showing in mind?

edit: @hpulley - That's awesome news. Any idea where it will be showing, though?

Shinkai Makoto's work is really interesting as he obviously has some overall ideas, themes, concepts and he is exploring them over the years through his movies. Oh, if only I were 25 years younger and majoring in films it would make a great project or post-grad thesis!

Sadly they have not yet announced any viewing through Funimation. Really they should. International film distributors are still living in the '80s, thinking they control things. With all the other ways of viewing movies illicitly these days they are losing money by the day but they're still clinging to their old models. If they'd released it in the planned 85 countries in the same weekend I'm sure they would have had much higher sales. Really, really stupid of them but their loss, not mine. I will watch it in the theater here as many times as I can. I hope they do more than the usual anime 1 or 2 showings only for this one. If they are not stupid they might know it has a chance of actually making some decent money here as well. With it still showing so well in Japan however, they may force us to wait until it is out of theaters there.
4794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 25 days ago
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.