First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Apocalyptic idea in 2012
29289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 7/6/07

fortheloveofking wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


lumiina wrote:

God says we won't know when the world will end, so I believe it can never be predicited. It will happen unexpectantly.

Yea well guess what I didnt ask for God to be on this thread now did I????/



no, you didn't. you asked for opinions. and if a christian wants to believe what his lord says, i'd call that about as valid of an opinion as a dead civilization not finishing their calendar.


Actually I stated your opinion not your fuckin lord if ya noticed. I have no interest of religious opinions in scientific studies. Thats precisely why these things are separated. The only reference I would like to here is to the statement on the book Revelations.
Stating what I said.

But I wish to here your opinions



Gev wrote:


koutasan wrote:

I heard of that before.. It seems more people have predicted that there will be an apocalypse in 2012...
I think this might be true but i have no facts at all...
The only fact is that we are destroying our own world


No, the planet is fine, were the ones who are fucked.

We`ll, be long gone, and the planet will recover .

It seen mcuh worse than us, and we are rather insignificant in the scope of things.

Thats so true Gev. Fact of the matter is that humans dont help the planet at all. I mean our shit doesn't fertilize land it kills everything.
To the dumbasses who think global warming is oh so bad shut fuck up. If you only have the bits and pieces of something then you cant make a valid statement. Global warming is a natural occurance in earths existence. Its not the fuckin end of the world at all. Just the replenishing of itself.
2885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 7/6/07

lumiina wrote:

God says we won't know when the world will end, so I believe it can never be predicited. It will happen unexpectantly.


wtf is god?, we can know when the world ends

496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Alpena, MI
Offline
Posted 7/6/07

SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


fortheloveofking wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


lumiina wrote:

God says we won't know when the world will end, so I believe it can never be predicited. It will happen unexpectantly.

Yea well guess what I didnt ask for God to be on this thread now did I????/



no, you didn't. you asked for opinions. and if a christian wants to believe what his lord says, i'd call that about as valid of an opinion as a dead civilization not finishing their calendar.


Actually I stated your opinion not your fuckin lord if ya noticed. I have no interest of religious opinions in scientific studies. Thats precisely why these things are separated. The only reference I would like to here is to the statement on the book Revelations.
Stating what I said.

But I wish to here your opinions

you consider the mayan calendar to be an item of scientific evidence of an apocalypse???
Posted 7/6/07

SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


fortheloveofking wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


lumiina wrote:

God says we won't know when the world will end, so I believe it can never be predicited. It will happen unexpectantly.

Yea well guess what I didnt ask for God to be on this thread now did I????/



no, you didn't. you asked for opinions. and if a christian wants to believe what his lord says, i'd call that about as valid of an opinion as a dead civilization not finishing their calendar.


Actually I stated your opinion not your fuckin lord if ya noticed. I have no interest of religious opinions in scientific studies. Thats precisely why these things are separated. The only reference I would like to here is to the statement on the book Revelations.
Stating what I said.


That is my opinion. It seems like you forgot the deffinition of opinion.
29289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 7/6/07
^^Somebody not that scientificly aware I assume. The May an calendar is highly accurate and much fuckin better then ours. Oh yea i didn't say Solstice I said Eclipse. So why dont you re-read your fuckin statements. The Chinese book the I Ching even forms a time line of events ending on this date. So get the facts straight. You must be that person thats not smart enough to check the links completely. I stated this is Possibly seeing as they are considerably correct.

fortheloveofking wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


fortheloveofking wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


lumiina wrote:

God says we won't know when the world will end, so I believe it can never be predicited. It will happen unexpectantly.

Yea well guess what I didnt ask for God to be on this thread now did I????/



no, you didn't. you asked for opinions. and if a christian wants to believe what his lord says, i'd call that about as valid of an opinion as a dead civilization not finishing their calendar.


Actually I stated your opinion not your fuckin lord if ya noticed. I have no interest of religious opinions in scientific studies. Thats precisely why these things are separated. The only reference I would like to here is to the statement on the book Revelations.
Stating what I said.

But I wish to here your opinions

you consider the mayan calendar to be an item of scientific evidence of an apocalypse???

Hmm yet again somebody who doesnt read to well. Last time I check Time and Eclipses are associated with Physics and Astronomy. So yea thats some fuckin science association.


lumiina wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


fortheloveofking wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:


lumiina wrote:

God says we won't know when the world will end, so I believe it can never be predicited. It will happen unexpectantly.

Yea well guess what I didnt ask for God to be on this thread now did I????/



no, you didn't. you asked for opinions. and if a christian wants to believe what his lord says, i'd call that about as valid of an opinion as a dead civilization not finishing their calendar.


Actually I stated your opinion not your fuckin lord if ya noticed. I have no interest of religious opinions in scientific studies. Thats precisely why these things are separated. The only reference I would like to here is to the statement on the book Revelations.
Stating what I said.


That is my opinion. It seems like you forgot the deffinition of opinion.

*cough* *cough* did you not read I wanted scientific responses.
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 7/6/07
dude you are killin your own topic but not lettin the christian say what he want



i say humans will survive because even if we fuck up this earth we could just minipulate our area like we already have to survive any type of situations


to tell you the truth i think humans could even survive the sun burning out if we try hard enough
Posted 7/6/07
There is no such thing s global warming.

The fact is, or rather my belief , is that we never really finished the last ice age , and global warming is just that last bit of crap clearing out of the sky, and the end of the thaw.
Posted 7/6/07
SenbonzakuraMaster: There's no reason why when talking about the Apocalapse I can mention my opinion, whether it's influenced by a religious opinion or a purely athiest one. I could've just said I don't think Apocalyptic idea in 2012 is true, and you would've just left me alone. Just because I mentioned the source of my beliefs, you harp on my opinions.
496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Alpena, MI
Offline
Posted 7/6/07
people dont PREDICT eclipses because they're not a random occurance. the PREDICTION of an eclipse is scientific. PREDICTING the apolalypse based on an ancient, unfinished calendar is not. if you wanted to talk about the polar shift and the affect it could have on civilization, then that's fine. have a scientific discussion on that. but you made an extra point to bring mayans into this. implying they were some kind of prophets because they knew when the moon would pass in front of the sun. by your own standards, this makes them nothing more than fortune tellers. if you want to consider that scientific evidence that these (long fucking dead) people could some how know when life will stop, then it's just as viable for someone to say their god doesn't agree.

you said you asked for OUR opinions, not gods. well i didn't ask for the mayans'.
Posted 7/6/07

lumiina wrote:

^^^^ It's your fault you don't believe in God. There's no reason why when talking about the Apocalapse I can mention my opinion, whether it's influenced by a religious opinion or a purely athiest one. I could've just said I don't think Apocalyptic idea in 2012 is true, and you would've just left me alone. Just because I mentioned the source of my beliefs, you harp on my opinions.


Both of you need to quit the bickering , before the lock fairy shows up and takes this wonderful thread away .

You have both stated your case on the matter, now leave it at that.
Posted 7/6/07
^ Okay, I'm sorry for taking it further.
29289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 7/6/07

neomanxl wrote:

SenbonzakuraMaster, you have got to stop randomly throwing the word "fuck" in your comments, swearing does not strengthen your argument.

Whatever you say, the Mayan calendar (or any ancient calendar) is not scientific evidence. If you want scientific evidence, cite a source that explains how the Mayans could predict an apocalypse.

Finally, you are making mountains out of molehills. You are completely disregarding all the other possible explanations for this phenomenon. Namely, that maybe they realized that their was no point calculating a millennium into the future. There are also a number of more likely explanations. If you have ever heard of Occam's razor (the simplest explanation is most likely the answer) you would see that your conclusion is highly unlikely.

edit: An ancient calendar is not scientific evidence. It is historic evidence.


SImple enough but I guess i`ll hold off on my cynical actions. But a calendar that associates its self with eclipses and other phenomenons are science parts. So dont say their not.
Fine let your religious beliefs conflict with science. It happens on CR alot and it kills it worse then I am now.
[edit to below] why are you still bickering. If the scientific community deems this science associated let it be. I mean last time I checked their certified to make such statements.
4327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / the square
Offline
Posted 7/6/07
scary to think that life on earth might end in a couple of years
Posted 7/6/07

monkey-of-evil720 wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:

Recently I watched a documentary on research about a inevitable apocalypse in 2012. Apparently this has been rumored to be predicted for at least a millennia. They gave countless facts and some objections. But the most disturbing is that the Mayan civilizations Calendar accuracy is uncanny. Its seems to end on December 21, 2012 of the winter solstice. Proclaimed the great calamity. They used reference to the Chinese I Ching and Murlen(the real one) also Oracles of ancient Greece state the same as the calendar. With alot great track records.

I`ve begun to ponder if this fate is true. Its evidence is undeniable. They state that a war will break out in all the world ( has happend). Massive nuclear warfare will riddle the planet. Oh yea and plagues will take 1/4 of the population. These are only proficiencies that they gave. But the most devastating is the earth shifting its poles. This detestation can annihilate all the inhabitants of earth. Its considered a fact that it has happened before.

Here are some sites baring the information. The first link is about the mayans and the most import to view.
http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/5thsun.htm
http://www.apocalypse2012.com/news/show/91
http://www.futurehi.net/archives/000747.html

Normally I dont ever consider these sort of ideas. But I wish to hear your opinions. Please make it science associated because religion does not mix well.


wtf are u talkin about???



Tis` beyond your ken, please , move along.
29289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 7/6/07

monkey-of-evil720 wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:

Recently I watched a documentary on research about a inevitable apocalypse in 2012. Apparently this has been rumored to be predicted for at least a millennia. They gave countless facts and some objections. But the most disturbing is that the Mayan civilizations Calendar accuracy is uncanny. Its seems to end on December 21, 2012 of the winter solstice. Proclaimed the great calamity. They used reference to the Chinese I Ching and Murlen(the real one) also Oracles of ancient Greece state the same as the calendar. With alot great track records.

I`ve begun to ponder if this fate is true. Its evidence is undeniable. They state that a war will break out in all the world ( has happend). Massive nuclear warfare will riddle the planet. Oh yea and plagues will take 1/4 of the population. These are only proficiencies that they gave. But the most devastating is the earth shifting its poles. This detestation can annihilate all the inhabitants of earth. Its considered a fact that it has happened before.

Here are some sites baring the information. The first link is about the mayans and the most import to view.
http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/5thsun.htm
http://www.apocalypse2012.com/news/show/91
http://www.futurehi.net/archives/000747.html

Normally I dont ever consider these sort of ideas. But I wish to hear your opinions. Please make it science associated because religion does not mix well.


wtf are u talkin about???


^nah gev I wanna hear what she think about it. Since i`ve gotta be oh so open to everything.
Its about a possible apocalypse or ice age in the next 5 years. Just read through the links so you can get a better understanding.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.