First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Have you read The Satanic Bible?
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/11/15
29868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/11/15

Aeroclimatic wrote:

Nope, I'm not gonna read what you put either. Sorry. Way too much text.


^
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/15 , edited 12/12/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

If you look a few post back instead of running your mouth, you will see I told you way back. I assume you believe in god, so I say that. So how does me recognizing that make me a hypocrite? I am defensive about liars. Doesn't matter who you are, you lied, I will call you out. I really don't care what you find hard to believe. You think I believe in god or the devil. Go a head. I no losing sleep because of it.


I think you ought to follow your own advice...you never once said "I assume you believe in a god" You just attacked the bible under the assumption I follow it's teachings. Only for me to tell you right after I don't believe in any god or gods. So please.......do tell what I lied about.
Posted 12/11/15
10055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/11/15
Never read it before, but a companion once brought it to school and explained some of the parts in it. I'm morbidly curious, I feel like one day I need to sit down and read the whole thing in one sitting like the Bible and Quran. Never will I be a Satanist, out of all the idols to revere it definitely wouldn't be Satan. (owo")
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/11/15
Why would I waste my precious time on that? I didn't even read OP's post either.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/11/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It's more of a philosophy if anything.


Edit: Why you guys gotta fight? I'm looking at you Karen and VZ. Bad boys!


I'm not fighting I'm aggressively debating
Posted 12/11/15 , edited 12/12/15

descloud wrote:

I think you ought to follow your own advice...you never once said "I assume you believe in a god" You just attacked the bible under the assumption I follow it's teachings. Only for me to tell you right after I don't believe in any god or gods. So please.......do tell what I lied about.


You say you haven't read it but yet you claim is the same devil has in the bible. Witch anybody who has read the devil bible will tell you is a load of shit. Because you gave those impressions, witch I recognize I was being ignorant about it.
I don't see how this is even relevant. Maybe you are having a brain fart. I say under your own logic. You claim that me being defensive means that I believe in the devil. When I told you I did not believe in any religion previously. So under your own logic you must believe in god. I mean who is the one claiming I believe or assume I believe in the devil, for being defensive? After all is you who decide to use that logic or didn't you?

Only for me to tell you right after I don't believe in any god or gods.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/15 , edited 12/12/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

You say you haven't read it but yet you claim is the same devil has in the bible. Witch anybody who has read the devil bible will tell you is a load of shit. Because you gave those impressions, witch I recognize I was being ignorant about it.
I don't see how this is even relevant. Maybe you are having a brain fart. I say under your own logic. You claim that me being defensive means that I believe in the devil. When I told you I did not believe in any religion previously. So under your own logic you must believe in god. I mean who is the one claiming I believe or assume I believe in the devil, for being defensive? After all is you who decide to use that logic or didn't you?


This argument would have had merit if I had at any time bothered to defend the Christian bible. Your just grasping weeds now.
Posted 12/11/15 , edited 12/12/15

descloud wrote:

This argument would have had merit if I had at any time bothered to defend the Christian bible. Your just grasping weeds now.


The same for you then. Then your assumption of me believing in the devil is wrong then. Or do you wanna keep going? Think About it. Do you rather spend another hour here or do you want to watch anime?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/15 , edited 12/12/15

KarenAraragi wrote:

Then your assumption of me believing in the devil is wrong then. Or do you wanna keep going? Think About it. Do you rather spend another hour here or do you want to watch anime?


When I said "it's whatever you want to believe" I was actually hoping the argument would have ended there XD
Posted 12/11/15 , edited 12/12/15

descloud wrote:

When I said "it's whatever you want to believe" I was actually hoping the argument would have ended there XD


You really want to have the last say, don't you?
13630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/11/15
Easy boyz, easy.
Posted 12/11/15
I believe in the Super Devil
14787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/11/15 , edited 12/11/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

"Satanist groups that appeared after the 1960s are widely diverse, but two major trends are theistic Satanism and atheistic Satanism. Theistic Satanists venerate Satan as a supernatural deity, viewing him not as omnipotent but rather as a patriarch. In contrast, atheistic Satanists regard Satan as merely a symbol of certain human traits."


Actually, Satanism in the middle ages started out as just a petulant protest against the omnipresent saturation of the Catholic Church, by inverting the rituals, until everyone gradually started to miss the joke and thought they were being serious.

When it had that big revival in the 60's, it was more in the sense that horror movies at the time were using "satanic orgies" and corrupt sexually-repressed witch-hunters as metaphors for how the conservative mainstream was "persecuting" the young people who wanted to Do Their Own Psychedelic Thing--While the attention it got in the late 60's and early 70's, like all the trendy attention over The Exorcist, was tapping into the same feelings of the Catholic Church being part of the outdated Establishment, and if the Church (meaning the Vatican, since there are no Protestants in the big cities, and most of the lapsed ones didn't know there was any other kind) couldn't provide them with a center, they made a big showy/trendy agnosticism of "Who can?"

So, those still throwing athie tantrum stunts on the Internet....you're either forty years out of date, or four hundred, to be considered "original".
And darn, I thought this was going to be about "The Satanic Verses", the dull-as-dishwater anti-Muslim screed that got the hit order out on Salman Rushdie.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.