First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Toxic Masculinity and Toxic Femininity
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

Ejanss wrote:



Magical-Soul wrote:


Ejanss wrote:
What does that have to do with anything?!


What do your inner ravings have to do with US?


Who is "US"?


Y'know, I think you really mean that.


Why are you trying use hypoagency? You know you're a man, right?
14781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

Magical-Soul wrote:
Why are you trying use hypoagency?


I TOLD you not to use the next inner-dependently funny word you just thought up! Didn't I just say that? Sheesh!

(I mean, if you're going to get all contrasquickulatory about it...)
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Ejanss wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:
Why are you trying use hypoagency?


I TOLD you not to use the next funny word you just thought up! Didn't I just say that? Sheesh!

I mean, if you're going to get all contrasquickulatory about it...


I don't get how I'm the crazy one here...?
14781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Magical-Soul wrote:
I don't get how I'm the crazy one here...?


No, you don't.

(Shall we explain it to her, folks? Nah, it's a weekend.)
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Itsunder9000 wrote:

I didn't read any of It but bravo to you for typing all that you're the real MVP


2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Ejanss wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:
I don't get how I'm the crazy one here...?


No, you don't.

(Shall we explain it to her, folks? Nah, it's a weekend.)


You're basically killing your own credibility here, you are even asking yourself questions and answering for yourself... I'll just wait until a real reply happens.
Posted 12/13/15

Ejanss wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:
I don't get how I'm the crazy one here...?


No, you don't.

(Shall we explain it to her, folks? Nah, it's a weekend.)





Magical-Soul wrote:


Ejanss wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:
I don't get how I'm the crazy one here...?


No, you don't.

(Shall we explain it to her, folks? Nah, it's a weekend.)


You're basically killing your own credibility here, you are even asking yourself questions and answering for yourself... I'll just wait until a real reply happens.



I don't get why you two don't just ignore each other, you're like children.
14781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

Urboistar wrote:I don't get why you two don't just ignore each other, you're like children.


Well, I try, heaven knows I try, but it's hard when every third thread on GD is "THEY'RE the crazy ones, because they think I'm wrong!"

And besides, it's not her, it's those poor innocent folks who think her privately externalized "Daily Red Pill Blog" are actual threads, and reply to them...And reply to them...And reply to them just to say how much they DON'T want to reply to them, and why everyone else "has" to reply to them. Like you say, the truth's harsh, but once it gets out, we can keep some of the unnecessary traffic down.

Just trying to do a public service here--You know we have to do it ourselves, with no mods to depend on.
("Now, now, she may be telling us how she's the reincarnation of Queen Catherine, and setting out to replace Russia with 'Badgerland', but she doesn't use any dirty words...It's you people who are being impolite and disruptive of her discussions!"
Sheesh, what mods are the Meds on? I mean, the Mo...oh, you know.)
Posted 12/13/15

Ejanss wrote:


Urboistar wrote:I don't get why you two don't just ignore each other, you're like children.


Well, I try, heaven knows I try, but it's hard when every third thread on GD is "THEY'RE the crazy ones, because they think I'm wrong!"

And besides, it's not her, it's those poor innocent folks who think her privately externalized "Daily Red Pill Blog" are actual threads, and reply to them...And reply to them...And reply to them just to say how much they DON'T want to reply to them, and why everyone else "has" to reply to them. Like you say, the truth's harsh, but once it gets out, we can keep some of the unnecessary traffic down.

Just trying to do a public service here--You know we have to do it ourselves, with no mods to depend on.
("Now, now, she may be telling us how she's the reincarnation of Queen Catherine, and setting out to replace Russia with 'Badgerland', but she doesn't use any dirty words...It's you people who are being impolite and disruptive of her discussions!" )


It's an online forum. Who cares who posts this, and who says that? She thinks her opinions matter, and you think she's just a crazy bitch. If people agree with her views let them speak here, freely, and if people don't agree odds are they won't post unless they actually have a counter-argument. There's no reason to be a police force that nobody needs.

14781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Urboistar wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

Just trying to do a public service here--You know we have to do it ourselves, with no mods to depend on.
("Now, now, she may be telling us how she's the reincarnation of Queen Catherine, and setting out to replace Russia with 'Badgerland', but she doesn't use any dirty words...It's you people who are being impolite and disruptive of her discussions!" )


It's an online forum. Who cares who posts this, and who says that? She thinks her opinions matter, and you think she's just a crazy bitch.


Hey, I didn't even think that until she told us how other people thought she was, and then I was agreeing with THEM!
She's so persuasive, she makes them sound very, very convincing.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Ejanss wrote:


Urboistar wrote:I don't get why you two don't just ignore each other, you're like children.


Well, I try, heaven knows I try, but it's hard when every third thread on GD is "THEY'RE the crazy ones, because they think I'm wrong!"

And besides, it's not her, it's those poor innocent folks who think her privately externalized "Daily Red Pill Blog" are actual threads, and reply to them...And reply to them...And reply to them just to say how much they DON'T want to reply to them, and why everyone else "has" to reply to them. Like you say, the truth's harsh, but once it gets out, we can keep some of the unnecessary traffic down.

Just trying to do a public service here--You know we have to do it ourselves, with no mods to depend on.
("Now, now, she may be telling us how she's the reincarnation of Queen Catherine, and setting out to replace Russia with 'Badgerland', but she doesn't use any dirty words...It's you people who are being impolite and disruptive of her discussions!"
Sheesh, what mods are the Meds on? I mean, the Mo...oh, you know.)


Yeah I seriously feel like it's our duty to dispel her myths about womens rights because, after all, impressionable 11-12-13 year old's frequent GD and see that a fellow girl is posting this and her stuff "sounds" smart enough that they might just assume it's 100% true. Tbh, when I was those ages, I'm not so sure I'd see her as whacky at all. I might believe it and incorporate it if no one else provides counter evidence beyond their own opinions.

14781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

lambofgenesis wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

And besides, it's not her, it's those poor innocent folks who think her privately externalized "Daily Red Pill Blog" are actual threads, and reply to them...And reply to them...And reply to them just to say how much they DON'T want to reply to them, and why everyone else "has" to reply to them. Like you say, the truth's harsh, but once it gets out, we can keep some of the unnecessary traffic down.

Just trying to do a public service here--You know we have to do it ourselves, with no mods to depend on.
("Now, now, she may be telling us how she's the reincarnation of Queen Catherine, and setting out to replace Russia with 'Badgerland', but she doesn't use any dirty words...It's you people who are being impolite and disruptive of her discussions!"
Sheesh, what mods are the Meds on? I mean, the Mo...oh, you know.)


Yeah I seriously feel like it's our duty to dispel her myths about womens rights because, after all, impressionable 11-12-13 year old's frequent GD and see that a fellow girl is posting this and her stuff "sounds" smart enough that they might just assume it's 100% true. Tbh, when I was those ages, I'm not so sure I'd see her as whacky at all. I might believe it and incorporate it if no one else provides counter evidence beyond their own opinions.


Please--before she jumps on the unfortunate wording for how we're, quote, "misinterpreting her because we disagree", or some other defensive rationalization--it's not the issue or the soapboxing, it's rather WHY she feels she has to post self-loathing screeds about her own perception of herself by turning them into "Women in society", have them be eight to ten-paragraph stream-of-consciousness text walls with all the links she found that day to "prove" her right, and then throw in the private Funny Words to think that she's now started a "revolution" in her own mind. And we do mean "In her own mind."
Those of us old enough not to bite the first hook they see would like to say "We're not your babysitter, we're not your private daily therapist, and we sure as heck aren't your 'followers'", and it would have....no effect whatsoever.

It sounds distinctly as if she's not going to post about anything else until she gets over herself, in a true and medical sense. And that's a long time coming. For us, anyway, even if she can't quite fathom who that is.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Ejanss wrote:


Please--before she jumps on the unfortunate wording for how we're, quote, "misinterpreting her because we disagree", or some other defensive rationalization--it's not the issue or the soapboxing, it's rather WHY she feels she has to post self-loathing screeds about her own perception of herself by turning them into "Women in society", have them be eight to ten-paragraph stream-of-consciousness text walls with all the links she found that day to "prove" her right, and then throw in the private Funny Words to think that she's now started a "revolution" in her own mind. And we do mean "In her own mind."
Those of us old enough not to bite the first hook they see would like to say "We're not your babysitter, we're not your private daily therapist, and we sure as heck aren't your 'followers'", and it would have....no effect whatsoever.

It sounds distinctly as if she's not going to post about anything else until she gets over herself, in a true and medical sense. And that's a long time coming. For us, anyway, even if she can't quite fathom who that is.


Cant you just let her vent her crazy on the forums? Like I'm pretty sure the forums arnt some sacred place we have to maintain the dignity of. If she wants to have wall of text rants about how crazy "Modern women" are who gives a fuck. The forums are a place to vent and discuss. She isn't attacking anybody so seriously whats the harm?
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Irishsushi wrote:


Ejanss wrote:


Please--before she jumps on the unfortunate wording for how we're, quote, "misinterpreting her because we disagree", or some other defensive rationalization--it's not the issue or the soapboxing, it's rather WHY she feels she has to post self-loathing screeds about her own perception of herself by turning them into "Women in society", have them be eight to ten-paragraph stream-of-consciousness text walls with all the links she found that day to "prove" her right, and then throw in the private Funny Words to think that she's now started a "revolution" in her own mind. And we do mean "In her own mind."
Those of us old enough not to bite the first hook they see would like to say "We're not your babysitter, we're not your private daily therapist, and we sure as heck aren't your 'followers'", and it would have....no effect whatsoever.

It sounds distinctly as if she's not going to post about anything else until she gets over herself, in a true and medical sense. And that's a long time coming. For us, anyway, even if she can't quite fathom who that is.


Cant you just let her vent her crazy on the forums? Like I'm pretty sure the forums arnt some sacred place we have to maintain the dignity of. If she wants to have wall of text rants about how crazy "Modern women" are who gives a fuck. The forums are a place to vent and discuss. She isn't attacking anybody so seriously whats the harm?


True, if you stop giving someone attention, they'll fade. But, I'm saying -- there's impressionable minds on the forums (the 11+ year olds) who innocently click and then go, "wait... maybe I should be a slave to guys, is it really true that girls aren't as good as guys?..." And the boys that go, "OH I CAN PULL SALLY'S HAIR NOW BECAUSE I'M SUPERIOR TO HER, LIKE IN THE BIBLE AND QURAN! THEY ARE NOTHING BUT PROPERTY MUAHAHA"

So, yeah.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

lambofgenesis wrote:

True, if you stop giving someone attention, they'll fade. But, I'm saying -- there's impressionable minds on the forums (the 11+ year olds) who innocently click and then go, "wait... maybe I should be a slave to guys, is it really true that girls aren't as good as guys?..." And the boys that go, "OH I CAN PULL SALLY'S HAIR NOW BECAUSE I'M SUPERIOR TO HER, LIKE IN THE BIBLE AND QURAN! THEY ARE NOTHING BUT PROPERTY MUAHAHA"

So, yeah.


Yeah that's the same argument people have been using for every new media source. If kids parents aren't monitoring their activities then who fault is it really? I don't think a child is gonna become a misogynist or a women abuser because of a Magical-soul forum thread.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.