First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply The reason why Americans have bacon for breakfast
6088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/12/15

GrandMasterTime wrote:

Not a fan of bacon, doesn't give a good taste. Also causes my throat to burn.


All the salt it's cured with gives me a headache, and I don't think it tastes too great either. When I say I don't like bacon people look at me like I have three heads.
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/12/15

ayaundwolf wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:

Not a fan of bacon, doesn't give a good taste. Also causes my throat to burn.


All the salt it's cured with gives me a headache, and I don't think it tastes too great either. When I say I don't like bacon people look at me like I have three heads.


People lose their minds if you say you hate bacon. People just say it because everyone says it I think. Lamb is where it's at in my opinion, or even certain types of fish.
6088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/12/15

GrandMasterTime wrote:


ayaundwolf wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:

Not a fan of bacon, doesn't give a good taste. Also causes my throat to burn.


All the salt it's cured with gives me a headache, and I don't think it tastes too great either. When I say I don't like bacon people look at me like I have three heads.


People lose their minds if you say you hate bacon. People just say it because everyone says it I think. Lamb is where it's at in my opinion, or even certain types of fish.


Yeah. Just like pizza. I'm not a huge fan, but apparently that's weird. Next I'll be a blasphemer because I think McDonalds is fucking disgusting. Lamb is amazing, but it's so rich I only ever have it when I eat gyros, and even then the crap we get is a lamb / beef mixture.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/12/15
I didn't get much bacon as a kid, and I eat the cheap death bacon now. I'm sure if I factor in the "deadly jobs" I've worked in, all the firearms I own, bacon I've ate, risks I've taken I should have been dead awhile ago.

16788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ทy૮
Offline
Posted 12/12/15
I don't eat bacon a lot. But I love eating bacon for breakfast. It's so good.

that oil tho.
27257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/12/15

Ranwolf wrote:


eclair-lumiere wrote:

I thought the reason they had eggs and bacon for breakfast was because bacon is delicious.


I love the smell of a double by-pass in the morning, it smells like victory for China. They don't have to lift finger..Bacon doing the Chinese's dirty work for them. Remember boys and girls every shred of Bacon ya eat is putting you one step closer to having to learn Mandarin.


They don't have to learn if they're dead

More bacon for them, please
14733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/15 , edited 12/12/15

AkitoMadaka wrote:


lambofgenesis wrote:

in japan they have hotdogs and omelette rice methinks


I see white rice and miso a bit more. I wanna have some omelette rice one day



Actually, most 4-star big city hotels (ie., NYC/LA, where there is more likely to be international business/tourism) offer "Japanese Breakfast" options with their overpriced breakfast buffets.
Hot miso soup, steamed rice, pickled cabbage and a grilled fish is a nice alternative to bagel with cream cheese & salmon once in a while.
51150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/15
Wait, this is an American thing?

The rest of the world doesn't know what they're missing out on!

12089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / CT
Offline
Posted 12/12/15
Never really liked bacon, it taste too salty.
17749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 12/12/15
the reason is 99 red balloons.
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/12/15

Ejanss wrote:


biscuitnote wrote:

Twisted Bio-mechanical feedback experiments, manifested through nano-fibers, augmented beyond control. Released upon militia, under predetermined conditions. Face of war, contorted into terror. Ultra-light, efficient killing force, ballistic over ground, through sky. Supplemented anatomy, highbred to subvert any global entity. Biological inhabitant, unresponsive, dead-vessel of government agenda. uncompromising, ultra-lite, efficient killing force. Perpetual movement, unaffected by any form of combustion. Dynamic, ultra-light, unstoppable exodus. Longing to die, corroded mind--inside. Modular systems, adapting, registers undetected. Cloaked in sanguine armor, motorized amalgam fibers.


(Aw, quit posting KFMDM lyrics, and say something!)

KMFDM sucks. I'm pretty sure this a Front Line Assembly song.
48485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/12/15
Chocolate cover bacon is awesome!!!

10771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / MO, USA
Offline
Posted 12/13/15
I cooked bacon wrapped steaks with snap beans and mashed potatoes for breakfast a few days back, I work 2nd shift so I just eat what I want, when I want.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

The reason why Americans have bacon for breakfast


is because they were brought up that way.

My Grandparents on both sides of the family were farmers and ranchers and both of my parents grew up in the country. Ham, bacon and eggs with potatoes were cheap sustainable foods. Eggs were fresh almost daily and cured meats were easier to keep than fresh meat. Being that at the turn of the last century, 1900, there weren't too many places in the middle of North Dakota or most any rural area with any kind of refrigeration besides a cellar and if you were well to do you had ice that was gathered off the nearest river or creek . . . there was no electricity.

I think I remember my father saying they didn't have indoor plumbing until they moved to town in the 1930's
My folks never had orange juice until after WW2..... I'll ask him next time I see him, he's 90.

14468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 12/13/15
All because of some marketing demon-speak... That has forced quite a few questionable concepts into our collective heads over the years.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.