First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Muslim group asks that food shelves provide Halal option
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

kamahl01 wrote:


Wow....Didn't realize so many fox viewers were on crunchyroll...Some of you guys must be afraid of your own shadow..


Personal attacks without any intelligent debate or proof to support your opinion (if you even have one). Typical Huffington Post, Mother Jones, Liberal Kool-Aid drinker.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

hum1d wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


hum1d wrote:




That study was based in 1978, things have gotten better since then. Schulz himself (the leader on the EEG measurements project) even said "the stunning technique may not have functioned properly". If we was to have another study done today, it would prove our way is better than Islam's way.

Also don't try the 'herr derr just become a vegetarian' comment. Just because I eat meat doesn't mean I don't like animals, so don't try disregard my stance with bullshit simplified assumptions. So then, now that I've debunked everything you just said, is there anything else?


GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

No, because a machine doesn't have feelings, it doesn't matter what side of the bed it woke up on, it's programmed to do what it does, so the chance of error is significantly less. If there was actually problems, then obviously things would change but they haven't. If it's not broke, don't try and fix it.



I'm not sure what having emotions has to do with anything. I suppose you could argue that he/she might have a lot on their mind, but I don't think someone's going to zone out in the middle of stabbing a deer's throat with a knife -- especially when they've been doing it for years and know all the proper precautions and steps to take.

It seems like you're grasping at straws here.


No I'm not, there's a reason most things are done by computers these days, because it's more seamless and less prone to error like us humans.


You haven't debunked anything? You basically just said- "That experiment is outdated. Because I'm the only intelligent one here, I know that our way is better." Where's the proof? The facts? Heh. Okay, I'm done with you.


Yes I have, you so heavily rely on the belief on that study even though it's old and the owner himself said that it might be wrong. Along with the fact that things have changed, so that study is irrelevant anyway. Cya.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Xxanthar wrote:


kamahl01 wrote:


Wow....Didn't realize so many fox viewers were on crunchyroll...Some of you guys must be afraid of your own shadow..


Personal attacks without any intelligent debate or proof to support your opinion (if you even have one). Typical Huffington Post, Mother Jones, Liberal Kool-Aid drinker.


You can't have intelligent debate with a lych mob.


Xxanthar wrote:

Halal food costs more. I don't want to pay for it. Sorry, go back home.



HuastecoOtaku wrote:

Stuff like that makes people dislike them



Xxanthar wrote:

I've always wondered why animal right activists are usually so fat... they sure didn't get that fat by eating only tofu and sprouts.


Are any of these things intelligent debate or just generalizations and name calling?
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15
How about....no. You should be grateful to get anything.
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Hicksville Ohio(n...
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15
The word Muslim should be banned from all future topic posts. To much vitriol on this topic
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 12/13/15
If you're taking food from a food bank than be grateful for what you get. If they are demanding than I have a problem if they are simply asking then sure if the food bank has money than they could look into it.
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15
Kamahl, If you think this is a lynch mob, why don't you draw a cartoon of Mohammed and display it at your local mosque. Then you will see a real lynch mob.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

MakotoKamui wrote: Halal, Kosher (mentioned repeatedly in the video, but not in the headline), etc.. not my thing personally, but in any case, they're asking, not demanding.
However, this isn't food stamps, it's for food shelves (similar to food banks, usually operated by charity groups with some support from others), which are different things.
For religious food needs, I do understand, though it's not as critical as if it was an allergy in my book. I know some feel that it's just as critical, if not more so, since eating the wrong thing can be considered a mortal sin in many religions. If that's their belief, and I can work with it, not a problem.
Many working in places would NOT care of separte dishes (for whats been used for milk, pork etc since it would be STUPID and costly for "NO REASON" other then being "safe" religiously), halal meat is sooo funny since they mostly can't tell the difference on regular meat LOL... so many would be pissed if they found out some of those are not halal but thats what they GET for follow something you CAN'T relay on.... derp..


I do a local meal for those in need - cheesy casserole today! - and we try to keep dietary restrictions (religious, allergy, or simple dislikes) in mind when preparing our menus as well. Sure, it's a bit more work to ensure that no walnuts touch the cooking sheets at any time, and that we transport nut and non-nut items separately.
Well 1 thing is being "spoiled" vs life depending stuff like allergy could kill, and sometimes just missing a little like somehow cuts fresh meat on dirt from vegs or the other way around.
Was once on a hotel where many died because of badly wased salat -__- like nearly 100 people by 1 mistake.

so when we go on this I think its fine to Lie about it being halal meat or safe to use pans for milk vs pork (who do you think would know what either has been used for??)
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

Xxanthar wrote:

Kamahl, If you think this is a lynch mob, why don't you draw a cartoon of Mohammed and display it at your local mosque. Then you will see a real lynch mob.


First of all, doing something like that is harassment and whoever would do that isn't innocent or brave. Put a Hitler portrait with a swaztika in a Synagogue, a portrait of Jesus with bullet holes in a Church,etc and you would feel similar disdain....If you do that, its actually considered a hate crime.

Also, if some fool who did that and had violence committed against him, I would think that it wasn't the right move and the cops should just be called to deal with them. Now how does the fact that they're some Extremist in the world absolve anyone from prejudice?
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

kamahl01 wrote: First of all, doing something like that is harassment and whoever would do that isn't innocent or brave. Put a Hitler portrait with a swaztika in a Synagogue, a portrait of Jesus with bullet holes in a Church,etc and you would feel similar disdain....If you do that, its actually considered a hate crime.
hahaha.... ohhh... too funny
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Hicksville Ohio(n...
Offline
Posted 12/13/15
"A federal jury in Peoria, Ill., has awarded $240,000 to two Somalian-American Muslims who were fired from their jobs as truck drivers at Star Transport, an over-the-road trucking company, when they refused to transport alcohol because it violated their religious beliefs, according to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), which brought the case. Judge James E. Shadid, the chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, found in favor of EEOC after Star Transport admitted liability in March 2015. The resulting trial was to determine compensatory and punitive damages and back pay. The jury awarded Mahad Abass Mohamed and Abdkiarim Hassan Bulshale $20,000 each in compensatory damages and $100,000 each in punitive damages. Judge Shadid awarded each approximately $1,500 in back pay."


And down the slippery slope we go.... Happy winter holiday everyone!!!!
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Freddy96NO wrote:


kamahl01 wrote: First of all, doing something like that is harassment and whoever would do that isn't innocent or brave. Put a Hitler portrait with a swaztika in a Synagogue, a portrait of Jesus with bullet holes in a Church,etc and you would feel similar disdain....If you do that, its actually considered a hate crime.
hahaha.... ohhh... too funny


Also, when someone does something like that who's to know if they have non violent intentions? The whole scenario is rather childish.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

kamahl01 wrote:
Also, when someone does something like that who's to know if they have non violent intentions? The whole scenario is rather childish.
-___-

5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

kamahl01 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

Kamahl, If you think this is a lynch mob, why don't you draw a cartoon of Mohammed and display it at your local mosque. Then you will see a real lynch mob.


First of all, doing something like that is harassment and whoever would do that isn't innocent or brave. Put a Hitler portrait with a swaztika in a Synagogue, a portrait of Jesus with bullet holes in a Church,etc and you would feel similar disdain....If you do that, its actually considered a hate crime.

Also, if some fool who did that and had violence committed against him, I would think that it wasn't the right move and the cops should just be called to deal with them. Now how does the fact that they're some Extremist in the world absolve anyone from prejudice?



They already had a drawing contest for Mohammed, wasn't consider a hate crime. Only thing that happened was two extremists/terrorists got killed. I'd call that a win.



hicksvilledave wrote:

"A federal jury in Peoria, Ill., has awarded $240,000 to two Somalian-American Muslims who were fired from their jobs as truck drivers at Star Transport, an over-the-road trucking company, when they refused to transport alcohol because it violated their religious beliefs, according to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), which brought the case. Judge James E. Shadid, the chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, found in favor of EEOC after Star Transport admitted liability in March 2015. The resulting trial was to determine compensatory and punitive damages and back pay. The jury awarded Mahad Abass Mohamed and Abdkiarim Hassan Bulshale $20,000 each in compensatory damages and $100,000 each in punitive damages. Judge Shadid awarded each approximately $1,500 in back pay."


And down the slippery slope we go.... Happy winter holiday everyone!!!!


Merry Christmas.
Dragon
58350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 12/13/15


I'm not sure I understand your point. Do I promise that our food is Halal, Kosher, or other? No. I only say if it has pork, or nuts, or mushrooms, or onions, or anything else that I've had questions about, and do my best to make sure I can say those kinds of things with confidence. Maybe someone has to lie to themselves in order to eat the meal that will keep them alive, even if it's technically against their religious beliefs. I'm okay with that. So are the people in the video, it seems, since they were basically asking that pork & beans weren't shelved next to things they could eat, essentially - and again, that's at a food bank, NOT for food stamps, which they may also have available, in which case they can shop for pure Halal or Kosher or anything else. Maybe it's silly, but it makes them feel better about life, and I don't see the problem.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.