First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Do you believe there are "Rules" of society
521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Denmark Boy
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


MyMomNeedSome wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


MyMomNeedSome wrote:

There are rules in soceity. like if you are pedophile you will get arrested.


That is not true. You could only be arrest by a crime you committed. You cannot be arrest by desires,only by your actions. Unless you feel like pointing the law that says, you can be arrest because you feel a certain way.


Im pretty sure if you tell a police officer you want to shag the fuck out of a little girl you will get arrested. But i dunno. I havent tried.


Wanting is no the same has I going to do.
You may want to call your lawyer. Because do you know how many people say this people should die or worst but never get arrested. Because they say I want to. No I going to do. There a world of difference. Between those words. An for your information seeing how ignorant you are of the law. Do you knew that some pedophiles go to psychologists to deal with it?


I mean these two fellas got arrested even though they didnt kill anyone. The picture could have been related to something else but who knows.

http://kotaku.com/boston-police-arrest-two-armed-men-who-allegedly-threat-1726000452?trending_test_three_e&utm_expid=66866090-68.Rvuykf2qT9qOAx_axtw3_w.2&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.dk%2F

And also this guy

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/league-of-legends-player-who-reportedly-made-terrorist-threat-faces-up-to-10-years-in-prison/1100-894/
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Nightosphere
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

MyMomNeedSome wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


MyMomNeedSome wrote:

There are rules in soceity. like if you are pedophile you will get arrested.


That is not true. You could only be arrest by a crime you committed. You cannot be arrest by desires,only by your actions. Unless you feel like pointing the law that says, you can be arrest because you feel a certain way.


Im pretty sure if you tell a police officer you want to shag the fuck out of a little girl you will get arrested. But i dunno. I havent tried.



You won't get arrested, but the police probably will start following you around and parking their cars by your house. Wanting to 'shag the fuck out of a little girl' is an entirely different thing than actually doing it.
Posted 12/13/15

MyMomNeedSome wrote:

I mean these two fellas got arrested even though they didnt kill anyone. The picture could have been related to something else but who knows.


http://kotaku.com/boston-police-arrest-two-armed-men-who-allegedly-threat-1726000452?trending_test_three_e&utm_expid=66866090-68.Rvuykf2qT9qOAx_axtw3_w.2&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.dk%2F


Those are threats. Those are no the same as I want to. Those are the same as I going to do. Again there a world of difference in the wording.
I also refuse to go to Kotaku. That site is click bait to me.

Me saying. I want to kill her, would not land me in jail. Me saying. I going to kill you, will land me in jail. Expressing a desire is no cause for a crime. Threatening to do something bad or saying you are going to do it. It is
8792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Places
Offline
Posted 12/13/15

Nyanotic wrote:


Wasp-Zero wrote:

Doǹt rape, Doǹt murder, Steal only to survive, Doǹt hurt people and try not to be an asshole.

How is that?


Rape and murder aren't exactly against societal norms, they're against the law.

(At least in my country)



It was more of just mine, also where the f**k do you live rapeville in Murderyourface county? Jesus I get wanting low property taxes but that is extreme.
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Nightosphere
Offline
Posted 12/13/15 , edited 12/13/15

Wasp-Zero wrote:


Nyanotic wrote:


Wasp-Zero wrote:

Doǹt rape, Doǹt murder, Steal only to survive, Doǹt hurt people and try not to be an asshole.

How is that?


Rape and murder aren't exactly against societal norms, they're against the law.

(At least in my country)



It was more of just mine, also where the f**k do you live rapeville in Murderyourface county? Jesus I get wanting low property taxes but that is extreme.


Oh god, my sides! What I meant was that they are illegal before they are unaccepted by society, but they are still generally unaccepted.
10222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/13/15
There are a lot of unspoken rules of society. There are so many things one can do that although not illegal would basically lead to ridicule and being an outcast. I struggle to know what these things are though so I'm often in the situation where I've broken a social rule but no idea why.
Posted 12/13/15
It's kinda like urinals, not really rules but you do it anyway.

521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Denmark Boy
Offline
Posted 12/14/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


MyMomNeedSome wrote:

I mean these two fellas got arrested even though they didnt kill anyone. The picture could have been related to something else but who knows.


http://kotaku.com/boston-police-arrest-two-armed-men-who-allegedly-threat-1726000452?trending_test_three_e&utm_expid=66866090-68.Rvuykf2qT9qOAx_axtw3_w.2&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.dk%2F


Those are threats. Those are no the same as I want to. Those are the same as I going to do. Again there a world of difference in the wording.
I also refuse to go to Kotaku. That site is click bait to me.

Me saying. I want to kill her, would not land me in jail. Me saying. I going to kill you, will land me in jail. Expressing a desire is no cause for a crime. Threatening to do something bad or saying you are going to do it. It is


Its okay if you dont want to read the article. But no where does the 2 fellas say "We are going to shoot up some kids". This is all they said and they got arrested. I dont see a single threat in this post at all. But alright you can just assume it was a threat.

Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15

MyMomNeedSome wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


MyMomNeedSome wrote:

I mean these two fellas got arrested even though they didnt kill anyone. The picture could have been related to something else but who knows.


http://kotaku.com/boston-police-arrest-two-armed-men-who-allegedly-threat-1726000452?trending_test_three_e&utm_expid=66866090-68.Rvuykf2qT9qOAx_axtw3_w.2&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.dk%2F


Those are threats. Those are no the same as I want to. Those are the same as I going to do. Again there a world of difference in the wording.
I also refuse to go to Kotaku. That site is click bait to me.

Me saying. I want to kill her, would not land me in jail. Me saying. I going to kill you, will land me in jail. Expressing a desire is no cause for a crime. Threatening to do something bad or saying you are going to do it. It is


Its okay if you dont want to read the article. But no where does the 2 fellas say "We are going to shoot up some kids". This is all they said and they got arrested. I dont see a single threat in this post at all. But alright you can just assume it was a threat.



That is a threat. The lack of words leave that to be interpret in any shape or form. Use your head a little here dude.
Boston have been the site of a terrorist attack. The USA get a ridicules amount of massacre shootings. Then there the France attacks.
How the fuck do you want that to be view? Of course the natural reaction will be an arrested. They leave them self open to interpretation.
If I do the same has they but add I going to the Gun range or going to a shooting sport competition. I cannot be arrested. But if I put a gun in a photo and say I coming to Boston. In a country where shootings occur a lot. What are you expecting to happen?
This argument is silly. Dude go to a homophobic page. There a lot people that say gay should be kill or say want to kill gays. But don't get arrested. Why? Because is a expression of a desire, no a indication of acting on those desires. I say I want to die. Nothing will happen to me where I live. Because I am expressing a desire. If I say, I going to kill myself. I will landed in a mental hospital. Because I am declaring my intend. My future actions. In short, they got arrested because they leave their intentions open to interpretation. Yes you can be a arrested for intending to do something if there reasonable reason for it. An in the land of public shootings. That is a good reason.
Here an example.

You can’t be arrested for merely thinking about committing a crime. To be found guilty for an attempted crime, Massachusetts law requires that the defendant have committed an overt act in furtherance of the crime and that the defendant was reasonably close to following through. However, mere planning or even preliminary acts where the defendant could still change his mind are not sufficient. After all, we want people to feel free to change their minds about committing crimes.
Generally, the overt act is the “falling domino” — an act that would lead a reasonable person to believe the defendant, barring unforeseen events, was actually going to follow through with the crime. For example, stepping through the door of the bank with a drawn gun would qualify; even if the defendant might still change his mind and walk right back out, a reasonable person would believe that the defendant was going to rob the bank.
Would the hypothetical “reasonable person” decide that merely sitting in a car with the necessary accoutrements was sufficient indication that the defendant was going to follow through? It’s difficult to say; I’ve never met the “reasonable person” myself, and there are so many details that would make a difference. Was the defendant muttering to himself excitedly, trying to psych himself up for the crime? Was he sitting in the car crying at his own desperation before simply driving away, with the nearby cop as a mere coincidence?
Each side will try to paint its picture of events, and the jury will be left to use inevitably incomplete and biased information.


Here is more about intend crime laws.http://thelawdictionary.org/criminal-intent/

I rather end the conversation here but if you must continue to drag this on. I also ask of you to please stop making pyramids. Mods will get piss off otherwise.
13596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / McDonough
Offline
Posted 12/14/15
I'm sure more than a good majority of people on this site have fallen prey to societal pressure. To say societal "rules" don't exist is simply silly. 5 years ago if someone came out as being gay they would be harshly shamed and ridiculed. it is what it is. There are also some people who are able to ignore the pressure and do what they want to do, and those who bend to what others expect of them be it willingly or unwillingly.
521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Denmark Boy
Offline
Posted 12/14/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


MyMomNeedSome wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


MyMomNeedSome wrote:

I mean these two fellas got arrested even though they didnt kill anyone. The picture could have been related to something else but who knows.


http://kotaku.com/boston-police-arrest-two-armed-men-who-allegedly-threat-1726000452?trending_test_three_e&utm_expid=66866090-68.Rvuykf2qT9qOAx_axtw3_w.2&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.dk%2F


Those are threats. Those are no the same as I want to. Those are the same as I going to do. Again there a world of difference in the wording.
I also refuse to go to Kotaku. That site is click bait to me.

Me saying. I want to kill her, would not land me in jail. Me saying. I going to kill you, will land me in jail. Expressing a desire is no cause for a crime. Threatening to do something bad or saying you are going to do it. It is


Its okay if you dont want to read the article. But no where does the 2 fellas say "We are going to shoot up some kids". This is all they said and they got arrested. I dont see a single threat in this post at all. But alright you can just assume it was a threat.



That is a threat. The lack of words leave that to be interpret in any shape or form. Use your head a little here dude.
Boston have been the site of a terrorist attack. The USA get a ridicules amount of massacre shootings. Then there the France attacks.
How the fuck do you want that to be view? Of course the natural reaction will be an arrested. They leave them self open to interpretation.
If I do the same has they but add I going to the Gun range or going to a shooting sport competition. I cannot be arrested. But if I put a gun in a photo and say I coming to Boston. In a country where shootings occur a lot. What are you expecting to happen?
This argument is silly. Dude go to a homophobic page. There a lot people that say gay should be kill or say want to kill gays. But don't get arrested. Why? Because is a expression of a desire, no a indication of acting on those desires. I say I want to die. Nothing will happen to me where I live. Because I am expressing a desire. If I say, I going to kill myself. I will landed in a mental hospital. Because I am declaring my intend. My future actions. In short, they got arrested because they leave their intentions open to interpretation. Yes you can be a arrested for intending to do something if there reasonable reason for it. An in the land of public shootings. That is a good reason.
Here an example.

You can’t be arrested for merely thinking about committing a crime. To be found guilty for an attempted crime, Massachusetts law requires that the defendant have committed an overt act in furtherance of the crime and that the defendant was reasonably close to following through. However, mere planning or even preliminary acts where the defendant could still change his mind are not sufficient. After all, we want people to feel free to change their minds about committing crimes.
Generally, the overt act is the “falling domino” — an act that would lead a reasonable person to believe the defendant, barring unforeseen events, was actually going to follow through with the crime. For example, stepping through the door of the bank with a drawn gun would qualify; even if the defendant might still change his mind and walk right back out, a reasonable person would believe that the defendant was going to rob the bank.
Would the hypothetical “reasonable person” decide that merely sitting in a car with the necessary accoutrements was sufficient indication that the defendant was going to follow through? It’s difficult to say; I’ve never met the “reasonable person” myself, and there are so many details that would make a difference. Was the defendant muttering to himself excitedly, trying to psych himself up for the crime? Was he sitting in the car crying at his own desperation before simply driving away, with the nearby cop as a mere coincidence?
Each side will try to paint its picture of events, and the jury will be left to use inevitably incomplete and biased information.


Here is more about intend crime laws.http://thelawdictionary.org/criminal-intent/


Well they could have been just having those weapons in the trunk without the intention of killing anyone but still got arrested. They could have been falsely accused. Noone but they know what they wanted to do with those guns. Also its not illegal to carry a firearm if they have proper license. Just because there have been attacks 1 place doesnt mean that they are going to take away everyones right to have a guns.

Look im sorry if you feel like i attacked you or questioned your knowledge in law, but all i am saying is that people do get arrested just for the intent. Even though it could have been taken completely out of context people do still get arrested. I still stand by the fact that those two were branded "Terrorists" even though it could have been a total coincidence.
Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15


Intent!!!!!!!!!!!! If I say I want to fuck that women. No arrested. If I say I am going to rape her. Arrested.
Yes you can be arrest for saying anything or doing anything. But legally and in court. What the person doing the arrest feels, and what the legal system is. Are two different things. Let drop this, is going nowhere.
11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15

KarenAraragi wrote:



Intent!!!!!!!!!!!! If I say I want to fuck that women. No arrested. If I say I am going to rape her. Arrested.
Yes you can be arrest for saying anything or doing anything. But legally and in court. What the person doing the arrest feels, and what the legal system is. Are two different things. Let drop this, is going nowhere.


In Boston it's a threat.

Here in Alabama, no one would bat an eye.

Btw, I'm from Boston.
Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15

dotsforlife wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:



Intent!!!!!!!!!!!! If I say I want to fuck that women. No arrested. If I say I am going to rape her. Arrested.
Yes you can be arrest for saying anything or doing anything. But legally and in court. What the person doing the arrest feels, and what the legal system is. Are two different things. Let drop this, is going nowhere.


In Boston it's a threat.

Here in Alabama, no one would bat an eye.

Btw, I'm from Boston.


That the same thing if you say Texas. Everybody own guns in those states.
11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/14/15 , edited 12/14/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:



Intent!!!!!!!!!!!! If I say I want to fuck that women. No arrested. If I say I am going to rape her. Arrested.
Yes you can be arrest for saying anything or doing anything. But legally and in court. What the person doing the arrest feels, and what the legal system is. Are two different things. Let drop this, is going nowhere.


In Boston it's a threat.

Here in Alabama, no one would bat an eye.

Btw, I'm from Boston.


That the same thing if you say Texas. Everybody own guns in those states.


Yup. Got 99 problems but mass murder isn't one.

I'm half joking of course.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.