First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
stop playing videogames and watching anime and do something better
3496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Seoul, South Korea
Offline
Posted 12/15/15

Em0SceneStabr wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

I somewhat agree, the anime/video game community does foster and produce autistic and mentally deficient type of person.

Many gamers and anime fans think they're asexual and spend most of their time alone on forums and message boards.

I can't really say they don't have piles of issues.


you seem to try and pick fights with people often... i'd classify that as a "pile of issues"




Ryulightorb wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

I somewhat agree, the anime/video game community does foster and produce autistic and mentally deficient type of person.

Many gamers and anime fans think they're asexual and spend most of their time alone on forums and message boards.

I can't really say they don't have piles of issues.


You can't produce an Autistic person as people are Autistic from birth (source: common sense and i am Autistic myself)
and a deficet is not caused by video games / Anime atleast no studies prove such a thing.

But the Asexual thing yeah that's true to an extent but it is also a point that alot of people in the community don't care for sex or things of that nature.

I mean i know myself if i got offered sex i would go meh and pass the offer off now i'm not asexual but i wish i was because to me such things are just bothersome now i doubt alot of people feel the same but that is how some people do think.


shes a internet troll


Thanks, I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I'm around women and manginas.

Oh, wait....
3496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Seoul, South Korea
Offline
Posted 12/15/15

sundin13 wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

I know that, I said "type of person" because most gamers seem autistic to people who aren't gamers.

By gamers, I mean the ones in love with the hobby enough to buy new consoles day 1. Not the gamers that still have 360/PS3 in 2015 and do nothing but play weaboo games.
It's worth noting that most people think Game Advisors at GameStop are dickheads. Most people think gamers they meet in GameStop are retarded. Most people think most gamers commenting on any given video/article are retarded.

Even esports gamers are sometimes accused of having all kinds of mental disorders. But it's whatever. I'm just saying the environment produces bad people.

If you go to an anime/game convention, yes everyone is going to be nice because they have to be, they are quick to remove assholes from those conventions.

My Little Pony cons are the worst about this...

Not that I, the great and powerful Magical-Soul would EVER consider going to one...


When did what "most people think" become the objective truth? How does an esports gamer being "accused" of having a metal disorder in any way lead to the conclusion "the environment produces bad people"?


It only took you 10 words to push a destructive narrative nobody mentioned. Your posts must gold among the Marxist community.

Anyway, the gaming industry produces bad people, remember Phil Fish? What about Cliff Blezinski?

Did everyone just forget about gamergate and their victory over retarded journalists who push narratives on everyone else? The fact that nobody likes each other at the moment and its full on # vs SJW with every mention of a censored game?

Now, I know what you're thinking. "We were talking about gamers, not games." Well, hate to break it too you but journalists are gamers too, as are SJWs. Gamers are only nice when they have to be, they never want to be nice people. Go log onto any gaming site and critique a game in the forums and see what happens. Just talk shit about any game. Any single one.

Then come back here and tell mama Magical-Soul what happened. As for esport gamers, they are normally among the most toxic unless they're forced to be nice in public. They can hardly even be nice then.

Gamers aren't nice people, I'm not sure what is so hard to grasp about that.
34059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/15/15
Tabletop Gaming
Ejanss 
16823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

Ryulightorb wrote:

We have all heard this in our lives no doubt..


Y'know, I actually opened this thread to see if it was a Japanese poster who'd discovered the board?

("Quit locking yourselves in your apartment watching PreCure and Doraemon and starting fights with celebrities on Twitter, go outside for the first time in six months and get a job!" )
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

Magical-Soul wrote:



Gamers aren't nice people, I'm not sure what is so hard to grasp about that.


I'm a gamer, and I think I'm a nice person.

Does anyone disagree?
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/15/15

Magical-Soul wrote:


It only took you 10 words to push a destructive narrative nobody mentioned. Your posts must gold among the Marxist community.

Anyway, the gaming industry produces bad people, remember Phil Fish? What about Cliff Blezinski?

Did everyone just forget about gamergate and their victory over retarded journalists who push narratives on everyone else? The fact that nobody likes each other at the moment and its full on # vs SJW with every mention of a censored game?

Now, I know what you're thinking. "We were talking about gamers, not games." Well, hate to break it too you but journalists are gamers too, as are SJWs. Gamers are only nice when they have to be, they never want to be nice people. Go log onto any gaming site and critique a game in the forums and see what happens. Just talk shit about any game. Any single one.

Then come back here and tell mama Magical-Soul what happened. As for esport gamers, they are normally among the most toxic unless they're forced to be nice in public. They can hardly even be nice then.

Gamers aren't nice people, I'm not sure what is so hard to grasp about that.


I understand the point you are trying to make (thank god for my incredible reading comprehension) Bit I think you are confusing people becoming a certain way because of the gamer culture rather than people going into gamer culture because of the way they are.

Take for example Faker since you bring up Esports players. Do you think gamer culture made him so introverted? Because if you pay attention to his interviews games were an escape because he was introverted. Honestly he is alot better than he was so you could say the esports/gaming community has helped him.

Also using the word "autistic" to describe social awkwardness undersells the impact autism has on people. So if you wanna continue this you might wanna consider not using "autistic".
10029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/15
ignore the arrogance of smug people and keep watching the animes
8669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15


I live in Pennsylvania, can't give you my exact address but it's not too far from the Mutter Museum in Center city, if you have a problem....
4058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/15/15

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

People wouldn't use these mediums for escapism if they didn't offer something better than reality can offer.
For socialising, social media and mmos have a greater concentration of people easier to talk to and with a more diverse background.
Everything is a waste of time and the only thing anyone ever amounted to was worm food, might as well enjoy the ride.


Damn... Got real dark there real fast.
Posted 12/15/15

SuperKiiiiick wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

People wouldn't use these mediums for escapism if they didn't offer something better than reality can offer.
For socialising, social media and mmos have a greater concentration of people easier to talk to and with a more diverse background.
Everything is a waste of time and the only thing anyone ever amounted to was worm food, might as well enjoy the ride.


Damn... Got real dark there real fast.


I don't think so.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 12/15/15
See I don't get this argument anymore. And rarely did.

My father is a gamer, my mother enjoys those online chatrooms. So they were honestly on just as much if not more than I was growing up (since I had school activities).

Now that I am out of school and on more I still don't get that "Go do something with your life" bit because what I am doing with my life is attempting to write my first novel. Which since everyone knows my handwriting sucks... they know I will use my computer.
Posted 12/15/15

Magical-Soul wrote:
Gamers aren't nice people, I'm not sure what is so hard to grasp about that.


Somehow whenever I play monopoly with my family, everyone fights over money.
8669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 12/15/15

Stonewolfe wrote:

See I don't get this argument anymore. And rarely did.

My father is a gamer, my mother enjoys those online chatrooms. So they were honestly on just as much if not more than I was growing up (since I had school activities).

Now that I am out of school and on more I still don't get that "Go do something with your life" bit because what I am doing with my life is attempting to write my first novel. Which since everyone knows my handwriting sucks... they know I will use my computer.


I'm not coming at you or trying to insult you but if you go through the comments in this thread you'll see that someone basically said that you and youre parents basically are at risk of autism because they play games.... she thinks i'm picking on her because no one else is saying anything to her about her comment..
292 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / MA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15
You know, I think it's funny that people argue about this. Magical-Soul has an opinion, and people fight about it. I don't agree with it, by any means, since using the word "autism" to describe social awkwardness makes my blood boil. I'm mildly autistic myself, y'know... but I honestly don't think it's worth fighting about. Leave the poor fool alone. As for my opinion on this topic of video games, I believe it all comes down to the individual. The media makes a big deal about how video games impact lives in a negative light, and that's all I see it as. Propaganda. I agree that a certain few people with serious and unpredictable mental conditions should stay away from video games, but to label all gamers as potential terrorists is just absurd. That's all I have to say on the matter. As for me, I've never been told to do something better with my life, and that's fine by me. I just enjoy it because I can.
13042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Minne-snow-ta!
Offline
Posted 12/15/15
Always got told to stop playing video games and watching anime while growing up. When I think about it, I never really did it that much to begin with. The most was 8 hrs on weekends only, but I'd get bored of it after that. In the end, I continued doing what I wanted, got through school just fine, and landed a good job. So in the end, anime and video games never really had a negative impact on me. Now I can't say that for everyone, because people use anime and video games for different reasons. My reason was to kill the boredom on weekends since I never got to go anywhere on the weekends as a kid and was always stuck at home with the rest of the family doing absolutely nothing but studying or sleeping.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.