First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply stop playing videogames and watching anime and do something better
Posted 12/15/15
Thanks for the lecture
But I love anime too much!!!!
10060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Across the Narrow...
Offline
Posted 12/15/15
Define better; better as in beneficial to the rest of society right? If that is the case, there is nothing better than reducing the stress of an individual by partaking in recreational activities that can avoid reprimands of social misconduct. Hypothetically speaking, someone who is not playing a game such as GTA V could better society going on a rampage out of sheer anger. His morals may suggests that it is his way of bettering society, but I personally wouldn't want anyone bettering society in that sort of manner any given day.
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

Magical-Soul wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

I somewhat agree, the anime/video game community does foster and produce autistic and mentally deficient type of person.

Many gamers and anime fans think they're asexual and spend most of their time alone on forums and message boards.

I can't really say they don't have piles of issues.


You can't produce an Autistic person as people are Autistic from birth (source: common sense and i am Autistic myself)
and a deficet is not caused by video games / Anime atleast no studies prove such a thing.

But the Asexual thing yeah that's true to an extent but it is also a point that alot of people in the community don't care for sex or things of that nature.

I mean i know myself if i got offered sex i would go meh and pass the offer off now i'm not asexual but i wish i was because to me such things are just bothersome now i doubt alot of people feel the same but that is how some people do think.


I know that, I said "type of person" because most gamers seem autistic to people who aren't gamers.

By gamers, I mean the ones in love with the hobby enough to buy new consoles day 1. Not the gamers that still have 360/PS3 in 2015 and do nothing but play weaboo games.
It's worth noting that most people think Game Advisors at GameStop are dickheads. Most people think gamers they meet in GameStop are retarded. Most people think most gamers commenting on any given video/article are retarded.

Even esports gamers are sometimes accused of having all kinds of mental disorders. But it's whatever. I'm just saying the environment produces bad people.

If you go to an anime/game convention, yes everyone is going to be nice because they have to be, they are quick to remove assholes from those conventions.

My Little Pony cons are the worst about this...

Not that I, the great and powerful Magical-Soul would EVER consider going to one...


This can be said about alot of groups and hobbies it's just more noticeable in gaming.
Personally if i could do it i would lock myself away from society because i function better when isolated and am much more happier.
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15
I feel like I should be doing something productive, but the only time I really get to watch anime and play video games is on my days off. So fuck that, im not going to go out of my way to do some shit im not interested in
14238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Tokyo, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

Magical-Soul wrote:


Em0SceneStabr wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:


Em0SceneStabr wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:

See I don't get this argument anymore. And rarely did.

My father is a gamer, my mother enjoys those online chatrooms. So they were honestly on just as much if not more than I was growing up (since I had school activities).

Now that I am out of school and on more I still don't get that "Go do something with your life" bit because what I am doing with my life is attempting to write my first novel. Which since everyone knows my handwriting sucks... they know I will use my computer.


I'm not coming at you or trying to insult you but if you go through the comments in this thread you'll see that someone basically said that you and your parents basically are at risk of autism because they play games.... she thinks i'm picking on her because no one else is saying anything to her about her comment..


His comment actually had nothing to do with me.

I understand that you can't expect a woman to make sense, but this comment absolutely butchered any semblance of a point you may have had with calling me a troll.


1. I'm a female
2. I don't understand what you're saying but i don't like you're attitude or personality. your either a privileged bully or you're using the internet to try and vent you're horrible comments, before you say something think about how it may sound to other people. I don't want to sound like i'm a "tough person" but I'd lose my mind hearing you say that stuff to my face. I guarantee if i see your comment on anything it's going to be something ignorant like this one. making sense doesn't have anything to do with being rude.


If you wanna cry me a river, go right ahead. I criticize women because they typically act like you.

Being offended doesn't make anything you do more just or even intelligent. I know what I have to say offends people even if I'm not talking to them. I had an entire topic on generalizations so people could understand that they are only included in what I say if they want to be.

I'm not gonna police myself for thought crimes, if I were intentionally insulting and attacking other users, you would have a point and I'd apologize. But your entire point is that what I say has hurt your feelings and you're suddenly justified in name calling because I'm obviously the big tyrannical bully pushing everyone around.

People post things that offend me all the time, not here on Crunchyroll but other places.

Some people talk about shit about COD Players, some people hate FarmVille players, some people talk shit about Justin Bieber fans, some people talk shit about iPhone owners, people talk shit about all demographics, just because I'm talking about women, doesn't mean I'm anymore horrible than people who endlessly hate on Xbox Live or 4chan users.

You don't think those people are offended when they read the crap you or anyone posts?

If you or anyone wants to go out and make enemies who don't agree with you, that's your prerogative, if you feel the need to alienate yourself from someone because of their views, that's perfectly fine.

Just don't expect them or me to care, because you made it quite obvious we are not friends, we aren't friendly with each other and I never even spoke to you before you called me a troll. You called me a troll on the basis of my opinions and not on any interactions.

You wanna see a bully and terrible comments? I suggest you read your own filth.



ur just a big bully with above average intelligence for a female
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 12/15/15

megahobbit wrote:

Jesus the amount of people on the web who want to be crowded in there isolationist bubble astound me.

Dude real talk you need to socialize with people thats healthy. Im not a big fan of the Bible but to quote it "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." We learn and grow through interactions with others. People need to understand others. You cant just lock yourself away in a room of corporate made shit.

The problem with MMOs and forums is that most communities on the internet are isolated pockets that reject anything outside there interests and repeat the info and opinions comfortable to them (Kojima was right). You need to have outside views and outside people to communicate with to grow.

Look I hate sports as much as the next guy and I love myself long hours of playing video games but you cant live in that world forever. I fear a future were everyone fond memories are attached to a corporate product in some way.

Also real talk try and pick up a skill outside of anime or the internet like playing an instrument or something. Enrich yourself as a human being try and intake media outside of your preferences. Pick up a Pixies record or something.

Tackling this logically like you did is rather funny though. Thats not really how human interaction and humanity work.


Actually not true socialization wears me out and drains me mentally and physically and due to Aspergers i need isolation and alot of time alone.
Some people are not made for isolation but some of us can easily do so and honestly i hate interactions with other people and avoid them if i can.

You can get the outside views by not locking yourself into one forum or game but visiting many places and talking to different people with different opinions.

I'm not interested in real talk as it bores me and i have skills outside of the internet but it's boring and honestly drains my energy and i find it worthless.

I'm not going to do something that does harm to me or bores me just so someone else is happy.

Humans need social interaction but some of us get way to much already esspecialy if your like me and not a social person.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 12/15/15

Ryulightorb wrote:
Actually not true socialization wears me out and drains me mentally and physically and due to Aspergers i need isolation and alot of time alone.
Some people are not made for isolation but some of us can easily do so and honestly i hate interactions with other people and avoid them if i can.

You can get the outside views by not locking yourself into one forum or game but visiting many places and talking to different people with different opinions.

I'm not interested in real talk as it bores me and i have skills outside of the internet but it's boring and honestly drains my energy and i find it worthless.

I'm not going to do something that does harm to me or bores me just so someone else is happy.

Humans need social interaction but some of us get way to much already esspecialy if your like me and not a social person.


Well to each his own then. I still think its unhealthy what you do both mentally and socially but who am I to stop you.
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

megahobbit wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Actually not true socialization wears me out and drains me mentally and physically and due to Aspergers i need isolation and alot of time alone.
Some people are not made for isolation but some of us can easily do so and honestly i hate interactions with other people and avoid them if i can.

You can get the outside views by not locking yourself into one forum or game but visiting many places and talking to different people with different opinions.

I'm not interested in real talk as it bores me and i have skills outside of the internet but it's boring and honestly drains my energy and i find it worthless.

I'm not going to do something that does harm to me or bores me just so someone else is happy.

Humans need social interaction but some of us get way to much already esspecialy if your like me and not a social person.


Well to each his own then. I still think its unhealthy what you do both mentally and socially but who am I to stop you.


My mental health has always been better and more stable when i spend more time isolated which is not uncommon with people like me.
When i'm around alot of other people and socialize like most people i get really depressed and just shut down :P

Socially i still socialize with my friends over the net and it's no different then if they were to visit my house the only difference is body language and i don't naturally read that anyhow so its pointless to me personally.
51305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15
Videogames are fun.
Anime are fun.
There is science to be done.
And the day still only has 24 hours

The inner struggle between "I wanna put so much time into productive things that I can achieve something" and "I wanna idle away on my couch playing games and watch anime" continues.

...
If you feel you have nothing to achieve but spent all your time on clearly unproductive "fun" things, that's your thing. I think those who're capable of more will at some point grow bored of playing their days away.
1005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/15

ayaundwolf

I'd also like to say that unless you're talking about young teenage boys, everyone single one of my gaming friends has an active sexual life, or is married. You can't generalize like that when you're specifically citing basement shut-ins who likely have some kind of light disorder like asperbers anyway.


Or social anxiety, but whatever...
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

Magical-Soul wrote:

It only took you 10 words to push a destructive narrative nobody mentioned. Your posts must gold among the Marxist community.

Anyway, the gaming industry produces bad people, remember Phil Fish? What about Cliff Blezinski?

Did everyone just forget about gamergate and their victory over retarded journalists who push narratives on everyone else? The fact that nobody likes each other at the moment and its full on # vs SJW with every mention of a censored game?

Now, I know what you're thinking. "We were talking about gamers, not games." Well, hate to break it too you but journalists are gamers too, as are SJWs. Gamers are only nice when they have to be, they never want to be nice people. Go log onto any gaming site and critique a game in the forums and see what happens. Just talk shit about any game. Any single one.

Then come back here and tell mama Magical-Soul what happened. As for esport gamers, they are normally among the most toxic unless they're forced to be nice in public. They can hardly even be nice then.

Gamers aren't nice people, I'm not sure what is so hard to grasp about that.


Your post said over and over again "most people" think this or "most people" think that, as if that held any weight whatsoever.

Also, where do you find causation anywhere in your posts. Yeah, there are some pretty shitty people in gaming (although, what did Cliffy B do to warrant your ire other than being a big arrogant and outspoken). There are shitty people everywhere though. Why do you think that gaming turned anyone into bad people?

As for "go to any gaming site" yadayadayada, I know what gaming forums are like. I've spent years and thousands of posts on them and I've met some pretty darn wonderful people and had some pretty solid discussions. Just because you have an unrivaled knack for pissing people off doesn't mean that everyone's interactions with other humans are equally as toxic.
9017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15
The struggle is real.

I have been playing games/watching anime for about 16 years now(I am 30).Used to clock 9+ or so hours a day just like you. Competed in several different FPS games and even did LAN tournaments.

It has effected my ability to socialize outside of gaming. The older I get the more time I spent away from video games, and the more I realize that I did not properly develop some skills that would make life a bit easier right now. However I do not regret in the slightest the time I spend online, hanging out with people from all over the world, and generally kicking butt all day long :).


I currently have a steady good job, g/f(whom I am proposing to soon), house, friends, and A STRONG relationship with my family. video games and anime does not effect you as much as people think it does.


Keep on doing what you enjoy to do. Just don't let it consume your life.


Popped my CR forum cherry with this one -_-

- bAkA
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

sundin13 wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

It only took you 10 words to push a destructive narrative nobody mentioned. Your posts must gold among the Marxist community.

Anyway, the gaming industry produces bad people, remember Phil Fish? What about Cliff Blezinski?

Did everyone just forget about gamergate and their victory over retarded journalists who push narratives on everyone else? The fact that nobody likes each other at the moment and its full on # vs SJW with every mention of a censored game?

Now, I know what you're thinking. "We were talking about gamers, not games." Well, hate to break it too you but journalists are gamers too, as are SJWs. Gamers are only nice when they have to be, they never want to be nice people. Go log onto any gaming site and critique a game in the forums and see what happens. Just talk shit about any game. Any single one.

Then come back here and tell mama Magical-Soul what happened. As for esport gamers, they are normally among the most toxic unless they're forced to be nice in public. They can hardly even be nice then.

Gamers aren't nice people, I'm not sure what is so hard to grasp about that.


Your post said over and over again "most people" think this or "most people" think that, as if that held any weight whatsoever.

Also, where do you find causation anywhere in your posts. Yeah, there are some pretty shitty people in gaming (although, what did Cliffy B do to warrant your ire other than being a big arrogant and outspoken). There are shitty people everywhere though. Why do you think that gaming turned anyone into bad people?

As for "go to any gaming site" yadayadayada, I know what gaming forums are like. I've spent years and thousands of posts on them and I've met some pretty darn wonderful people and had some pretty solid discussions. Just because you have an unrivaled knack for pissing people off doesn't mean that everyone's interactions with other humans are equally as toxic.


You continue as you go personal because your argument was shit, and seeing as it went personal, it only cements my original idea of you being a popular figure in the Internet tough talk arena. Marxists must love yah.

Anyway, ignoring all the drivel you spewed in place of an actual argument, yes I used "most people" and I meant that as, "more often than not" people dislike gamers and gamers dislike each other. Bringing up anecdotes is always completely worthless to anyone capable of putting a round object through the circular hole in a intelligence test. They're worthless and they are often inflated to fit the argument. That's why.

Again, saying gamers are nice people whenever they go to war with each other each console cycle is baffling to say the least. So while I can say go read any comments on any videos/articles and you'll find more enemies and bad blood than good ones.

Nope, I have no data, and I couldn't provide any as you can't measure this kinda things, but I have pretty solid evidence to suggest gamers are not nice and are normally the opposite when talking about gaming and worse, other gamers.

Now of course you could have stated that without making your comment personal, but you do need those thumbs up from other Marxists so keep the shit train going. Peace yo
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

Magical-Soul wrote:

I somewhat agree, the anime/video game community does foster and produce autistic and mentally deficient type of person.

Many gamers and anime fans think they're asexual and spend most of their time alone on forums and message boards.

I can't really say they don't have piles of issues.


Do you even know how humans work? As someone who have studied psychology, psychology history and mental health, I can say that siting in front of a screen or at home doesn't in any way make someone more or less autistic. If there's anything bad with sitting in front of a screen, then it's due to the fact that online activities such as games and anime are producing negative rewards for the brain with things like accomplishments. Which enforces you to maybe live a unhealthy life style.

Yes... People with poor social skills might cater to online activities... Due to well, lack of social skills. But that have absolutely noting to do with autism or any other neuropsychiatric disability, if you think that then you should educate yourself...
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/15/15 , edited 12/15/15

PraiseTheLard wrote:


ayaundwolf

I'd also like to say that unless you're talking about young teenage boys, everyone single one of my gaming friends has an active sexual life, or is married. You can't generalize like that when you're specifically citing basement shut-ins who likely have some kind of light disorder like aspergers anyway.


Or social anxiety, but whatever...


You want me to specify to make you feel better? I'm pretty sure I did in the other part of my comment that you omitted.


An autistic type of person? What you mean is that someone with issues communicating or even being present in social situations will likely resort to gaming as a release.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.