First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply The so called 'Refugee Crisis'
14947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 12/17/15 , edited 12/17/15
you are actually correct, men do seem to comprise a majority of the influx of refugees. Not that I think this changes anything and certainly doesn't modify my position in the slightest, but here you are:

http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/09/30/europes-asylum-seekers-who-they-are-where-theyre-going-and-their-chances-of-staying/

protip dude drop the smug mocking tone and don't link to YouTube videos of all things. There's obviously credible sources of information about this. If you want to start a proper discussion how about next time you don't base it on information from a channel called "death of nations" or anecdotal evidence, and use the actual statistics, which as I've just demonstrated aren't even that hard to find.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 12/17/15

MakotoKamui wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:



If you actually bothered watching the video, you'd see it's not some silly conspiracy being shared around on facebook like your link.



To be fair, I did start watching several of your OP links. I was reminded of that snopes article repeatedly. And to be fair again, I did not watch them all, in part because I was reminded of that article.


Well it's Facebook. I rarely go on there but sometimes you see the most ridiculous things being shared around that's obviously false. Or just other stupid stuff in general.


md4124 wrote:


You can repeat lies all you want but they are still lies. There are lots of reasons to go to you tube, but facts isn't one of them.

Look lizard people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w2dMekIJLw

Moon Landing Hoax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRyo4cSESQ

Your links to lies only proves what kind of person you are.


Nice try, but the videos I posted are things that actually happened. You just posted random conspiracy videos with no evidence.

3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 12/17/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Some suggest sending them back to fight, but I disagree with such an idea. I don't believe it worked well in some situations. We haven't had much success arming those who WANT to fight back, have we? It reminds me of the attempted retake of Trost by the migrants in Attack on Titan and of home country if my memory is correct.



/thread

This anti-refugee shit is based solely in fear of the purely hypothetical. We have a comprehensive vetting process and to deny every single refugee asylum here or admit only Christians is to spit upon the very ideals this nation was founded on. I can understand a bit of caution, but what is it that we're supposed to do here? Are we supposed to send men, women, and children trying to survive back into their home countries to die en masse? Is that really the example we want to set for the world?
Dragon
58342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 12/17/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:
Well it's Facebook. I rarely go on there but sometimes you see the most ridiculous things being shared around that's obviously false. Or just other stupid stuff in general.


Cool. Which video was I supposed to watch, again? You only mentioned one, but you linked to several, and I am willing to watch one through to its conclusion, if only to figure out what you're on about. I assume it's the first - Open Gates? - but that thing was so crazily cut and amateurish that I assumed it wasn't a real report of anything you wanted to support.
Posted 12/17/15

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Some suggest sending them back to fight, but I disagree with such an idea. I don't believe it worked well in some situations. We haven't had much success arming those who WANT to fight back, have we? It reminds me of the attempted retake of Trost by the migrants in Attack on Titan and of home country if my memory is correct.



/thread

This anti-refugee shit is based solely in fear of the purely hypothetical. We have a comprehensive vetting process and to deny every single refugee asylum here or admit only Christians is to spit upon the very ideals this nation was founded on. I can understand a bit of caution, but what is it that we're supposed to do here? Are we supposed to send men, women, and children trying to survive back into their home countries to die en masse? Is that really the example we want to set for the world?


That's how they thinned out the population of the migrants. By sending them to their deaths. I don't really care if they're men.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 12/17/15

MakotoKamui wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:
Well it's Facebook. I rarely go on there but sometimes you see the most ridiculous things being shared around that's obviously false. Or just other stupid stuff in general.


Cool. Which video was I supposed to watch, again? You only mentioned one, but you linked to several, and I am willing to watch one through to its conclusion, if only to figure out what you're on about. I assume it's the first - Open Gates? - but that thing was so crazily cut and amateurish that I assumed it wasn't a real report of anything you wanted to support.


Lol it is the first one. Or watch it from the link in his description with the music. It shows a bit of everything from news coverage, tells you some data, recordings from people's phones etc.
24154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43
Offline
Posted 12/17/15
I can understand your frustration. We want these people to adjust to our culture, to work for our society, and once the war is over to head back to their own country. It's not going to happen. Imagine if you were a refugee, you'd do the same thing as these people. Escape to a nice country, try to get a better life and never go back. Once you taste the good life you never want to go back to the bad life. And you cling to people who have the same culture as you, so that you can keep speaking the same language you are used to, meaning you never integrate into society.

These people just need to stay in a refugee camp in Turkey until the war is over , so they can go back and rebuild the country. They should never enter Europe, because they simply pollute our countries with religious intolerance and they simply cannot deal with our culture, it's too far advanced for them. They cannot adjust to things like abortion, or euthanasia, lesbians or homo sexuals. Or even religions that think different then theirs. They had SO many fights in the camps already. These people don't belong here.

3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 12/17/15 , edited 12/17/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

That's how they thinned out the population of the migrants. By sending them to their deaths. I don't really care if they're men.


Do we really need to thin their population out though? We aren't accepting every single one of the refugees, nor is anyone advocating for that (at least as far as I'm aware).

This isn't a burden we're bearing alone.
Posted 12/17/15

GrandmasterCoolio wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

That's how they thinned out the population of the migrants. By sending them to their deaths. I don't really care if they're men.


Do we really need to thin their population out though? We aren't accepting every single one of the refugees, nor is anyone advocating for that (at least as far as I'm aware).

This isn't a burden we're bearing alone.


No, you misinterpreted. I DO NOT WANT TO THIN THEIR POPULATION. I DON'T CARE IF THEY'RE MEN. I was just referring to a highly popular anime because reasons.
Posted 12/17/15
I don't understand the comment, "They don't know English, so they are useless here". How are women and children any better? Seems to contradict your point.

Plus, there are tons of jobs that don't require someone to speak English, just physical strength. So none of these arguments actually make sense.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 12/17/15 , edited 12/17/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

No, you misinterpreted. I DO NOT WANT TO THIN THEIR POPULATION. I DON'T CARE IF THEY'RE MEN. I was just referring to a highly popular anime because reasons.


Ah, I see. Sorry. My bad.

8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 12/17/15

40YearOldVirgin wrote:

I don't understand the comment, "They don't know English, so they are useless here". How are women and children any better? Seems to contradict your point.

Plus, there are tons of jobs that don't require someone to speak English, just physical strength. So none of these arguments actually make sense.


I made the mention of mainly men because the news loves to show these refugees as families, when in reality women and children are a minority. That doesn't contradict my points, that contradicts what mainstream media tries telling you. And they still don't work, most are claiming benefits.
Dragon
58342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 12/17/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


40YearOldVirgin wrote:

I don't understand the comment, "They don't know English, so they are useless here". How are women and children any better? Seems to contradict your point.

Plus, there are tons of jobs that don't require someone to speak English, just physical strength. So none of these arguments actually make sense.


I made the mention of mainly men because the news loves to show these refugees as families, when in reality women and children are a minority. That doesn't contradict my points, that contradicts what mainstream media tries telling you. And they still don't work, most are claiming benefits.


Okay, so I was going to get more into the videos, but this is way more interesting. Please, show the work on how "most are claiming benefits". This sounds interesting, and useful. We need numbers of refugees, numbers of refugees applying for benefits, and numbers getting said benefits. I'm assuming you have links for those.
648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/17/15
And they say feminist hate men but actually...the whole world hate men! even men hate men!

It's only men so it must be bad. Booooh.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 12/17/15 , edited 12/17/15

MakotoKamui wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


40YearOldVirgin wrote:

I don't understand the comment, "They don't know English, so they are useless here". How are women and children any better? Seems to contradict your point.

Plus, there are tons of jobs that don't require someone to speak English, just physical strength. So none of these arguments actually make sense.


I made the mention of mainly men because the news loves to show these refugees as families, when in reality women and children are a minority. That doesn't contradict my points, that contradicts what mainstream media tries telling you. And they still don't work, most are claiming benefits.


Okay, so I was going to get more into the videos, but this is way more interesting. Please, show the work on how "most are claiming benefits". This sounds interesting, and useful. We need numbers of refugees, numbers of refugees applying for benefits, and numbers getting said benefits. I'm assuming you have links for those.


http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/10/more-than-90-percent-of-middle-eastern-refugees-on-food-stamps/

I did have another but can't remember link name. Or just search this stuff yourself, I gotta be up early tomorrow so I'll be getting off soon.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.