First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
30% of GOP Voters Polled Say They'd Bomb Agrabah
46273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/19/15
I laughed so hard at this.
7933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / SCANDINAVIA
Offline
Posted 12/19/15
Small sample size but it's funny I suppose.
Ejanss 
16139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 12/19/15

Nogara-san wrote:
How stupid are people that they want to bomb something fictional because it's Middle-Eastern?


At first I misread the article and thought people were trying to ban the Aladdin rides at Disneyland, because of their association with Icky Muslims.

Which was actually a thing after 9/11, and employees at Epcot's Morocco pavilion would be harassed and insulted by geographically-challenged red-state guests. (Despite the fact that Morocco has been a loyal and friendly US ally since before WWII.)

But of course, I wasn't fooled by the question, as I'm male, and no male ever says a bad word against Princess Jasmine.
Go ahead, ask ten guys at random who their favorite Disney character is. (And if they say Jack Skellington, just narrow the question down to who their favorite Disney princess is.)
17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

Ejanss wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:
How stupid are people that they want to bomb something fictional because it's Middle-Eastern?


At first I misread the article and thought people were trying to ban the Aladdin rides at Disneyland, because of their association with Icky Muslims.

Which was actually a thing after 9/11, and employees at Epcot's Morocco pavilion would be harassed and insulted by geographically-challenged red-state guests. (Despite the fact that Morocco has been a loyal and friendly US ally since before WWII.)

But of course, I wasn't fooled by the question, as I'm male, and no male ever says a bad word against Princess Jasmine.
Go ahead, ask ten guys at random who their favorite Disney character is. (And if they say Jack Skellington, just narrow the question down to who their favorite Disney princess is.)


I thought all the guys liked Ariel, Pocahontas or Elsa?
6168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

kamahl01 wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:

I wouldn't of known that Agrabah was not a real city; don't pretend you guys would know either. Regardless 30% of this particular sample size isn't that scary, I think. If asked of any city name as place holder for this question I would of answered "no" or "not sure".


Any smart person would either know it was fake or simply say they never heard of it. Not knowing it isn't sad, saying it should be bombed while never hearing about it is.


This ^

I don't need to pretend because I watched Disney movies as a child. I'm well aware that it's fictional.
11179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

Ejanss wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:
How stupid are people that they want to bomb something fictional because it's Middle-Eastern?


At first I misread the article and thought people were trying to ban the Aladdin rides at Disneyland, because of their association with Icky Muslims.

Which was actually a thing after 9/11, and employees at Epcot's Morocco pavilion would be harassed and insulted by geographically-challenged red-state guests. (Despite the fact that Morocco has been a loyal and friendly US ally since before WWII.)

But of course, I wasn't fooled by the question, as I'm male, and no male ever says a bad word against Princess Jasmine.
Go ahead, ask ten guys at random who their favorite Disney character is. (And if they say Jack Skellington, just narrow the question down to who their favorite Disney princess is.)


"Hella" before WWII.

It's the oldest treaty we have in the USA.

Treaty of Peace and Friendship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan%E2%80%93American_Treaty_of_Friendship

1786 baby!
19963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 12/19/15
The first thing one should think, if they already do not know this location, is "Where the hell is Agrabah?"

If you vote to bomb a place without knowing where and what it is, I have no words for you.
19963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

SatoMadoka wrote:

Small sample size but it's funny I suppose.


it's big enough, but out of the GOP voter pool is the poll random?
11179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/19/15
The problem with getting all high and mighty about "Agrabah" is we have a major problem with idiot reporters and even the President himself using the wrong, or different names for every-fucking-place. ISIL/ISIS, states in our own union, etc etc.
19963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

Nightblade370 wrote:

Probably the most meaningless, ridiculous poll I have ever heard of. Why is the media wasting our time with fictional conjecture instead of getting statistics that actually matter and dealing with the real issues?



Poll is relevant.

It's figuring out how informed (or not) the voters are. Informed voting is quite important.
43106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

bobland wrote:


Nightblade370 wrote:

Probably the most meaningless, ridiculous poll I have ever heard of. Why is the media wasting our time with fictional conjecture instead of getting statistics that actually matter and dealing with the real issues?



Poll is relevant.

It's figuring out how informed (or not) the voters are. Informed voting is quite important.


I agree, which is why I think that we deserve better candidates!
7065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 12/19/15
Heck yeah I would bomb Agrabah. You see some of the crazy stuff that town produces on that Aladdin cartoon? Evil wizards, skeleton armies, and spider monsters. Yeah, bomb that place flat.
20708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

bobland wrote:

The first thing one should think, if they already do not know this location, is "Where the hell is Agrabah?"

If you vote to bomb a place without knowing where and what it is, I have no words for you.


What if we vote to bomb it BECAUSE we know its Agrabah?
19963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

Rujikin wrote:


bobland wrote:

The first thing one should think, if they already do not know this location, is "Where the hell is Agrabah?"

If you vote to bomb a place without knowing where and what it is, I have no words for you.


What if we vote to bomb it BECAUSE we know its Agrabah?


At least you're an informed voter
Ejanss 
16139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 12/19/15

Nogara-san wrote:


Ejanss wrote:
But of course, I wasn't fooled by the question, as I'm male, and no male ever says a bad word against Princess Jasmine.
Go ahead, ask ten guys at random who their favorite Disney character is. (And if they say Jack Skellington, just narrow the question down to who their favorite Disney princess is.)


I thought all the guys liked Ariel, Pocahontas or Elsa?


A male who watches Frozen? Want to reconsider that question, or still go with it?

(Although I'll admit that guys will defend Disney's versions of Cinderella and Snow White from their many intolerant persecutions by over symbolic feminists just out to prove some social point...It's not like we want to, you understand, just that they keep getting their movie facts wrong.)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.