First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Are you libertarian, authoritarian, or...
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15
...sane?

No seriously.

I see this argument a LOT. Even when people do not realize this is actually what they are arguing about or the stances they are taking. I just don't see how so many people are polarized on concepts that allow a whole lot of room in-between.

I'm personally a common-sensitarian.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 2/18/16
Libertarian is now the same as authoritarian.
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 12/19/15
Haven't seen you post in a long time, welcome back.


Hate to say it, but I also wish Sarteck would make a come back. He made me think.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Haven't seen you post in a long time, welcome back.


Thanks for the welcome back... didn't know anyone even knew me by name. haha
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Hate to say it, but I also wish Sarteck would make a come back. He made me think.


Yeah, we agreed on a lot, but he was usually better informed and better at explaining the argument than I am.
15132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:
I'm personally a common-sensitarian.


I myself am a For-the-love-of-Khepri-can-we-please-just-stop-arguing-and-try-to-advance-some-common-goal?-World-peace,-lower-crime-rates,-pizza-toppings,-anything?-itarian.
9451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 12/19/15
I'm for minimal government involvement, so, libertarian. Due to some so-called libertarians being things like pro-choice, however, I prefix it with "conservative."
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

CrazyYanmega wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:
I'm personally a common-sensitarian.


I myself am a For-the-love-of-Khepri-can-we-please-just-stop-arguing-and-try-to-advance-some-common-goal?-World-peace,-lower-crime-rates,-pizza-toppings,-anything?-itarian.


Well, I disagree. Arguing is good for growth, says I.
Posted 12/19/15
I am a liberal, though my views are continuing to evolve.
15132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 2/18/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:
Well, I disagree. Arguing is good for growth, says I.


Arguing in moderation, yes. I defy you to claim with a clear conscience that the arguing that happens these days is in moderation, however.
9805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/19/15
Sane. For the most part.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15

CrazyYanmega wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:
Well, I disagree. Arguing is good for growth, says I.


Arguing in moderation, yes. I defy you to claim with a clear conscience that the arguing that happens these days is in moderation, however.


As they say...everything in moderation. But, no, most arguing these days does not accomplish much.
14947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 12/19/15
I prefer to think of myself as middle of the line on this, but I perhaps skew authoritarian as I attribute many of the problems I see in contemporary society to an excess of libertarian policy. America was founded on principles of Liberty and Justice for all, and you can't have one without the other, because liberty without justice is worthless and vice versa. An excess of liberty is in fact detrimental to true freedom, in the same way that anarchy is. If there are no rules to the game certain powerful players are going to rig it in their favor before long, so in trying to shy away from a big centralized authority you end up with a bunch of smaller ones. That's why I think people today put too much faith in the free market. It has it's virtues but we tend to trumpet them endlessly while ignoring it's faults. We should not abandon free market principles, but they do need to be more tightly regulated.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 2/18/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:

As they say...everything in moderation. But, no, most arguing these days does not accomplish much.


"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."
----Joseph Joubert
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 2/18/16
I'm in between conservative and liberal
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.