First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Would you date a fellow anime lover?
An9el 
28910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 12/21/15
sure
15216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / So. Cal
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 12/21/15
I think I'd have to date an anime lover or else she wouldn't understand why I'm about to stay up until 0200 to watch iron blooded orphans
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 12/19/15 , edited 12/21/15
Of course I would, probably would be better if I did. I would only want to talk about new episodes of cool shows.
49485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/20/15
Definitely! We don't have to be interested in the same types of anime but it would be nice watching them together. Ideally, he would also be interested in attending Anime conventions and cosplaying.
8031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / It varies... (US/...
Offline
Posted 12/20/15
I feel like the more you have in common with someone, the better the relationship. Otherwise you wouldn't have much to do with each other!

But let's be honest though (as shallow as it sounds), you would need a mutual physical attraction too
2140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Dallas Tx
Offline
Posted 12/20/15 , edited 12/22/15

BordosaurusRex wrote:

I feel like there are much more important issues than general interests, right?
I mean, I have never dated a fellow anime fan, so I'd be interested to see how it would work out, but I'd imagine it would be just like anyone else I've dated, only with more conversation and arguments about anime.

I've actually dated a woman that have HATED anime, manga and comics... that kind of sucked, as she would get upset and really insulting if I was watching anything or doing anything she didn't like, but it was kind of nice because it meant I had something I could go off and do on my own. It's important to have your own interests in a relationship, but I feel like given how broad anime and manga are, chances are even if I found a fellow fan and there was mutual interest in each other, we could still have our own things going on, and even if our tastes aligned, I'm sure I'd have other interests that weren't shared that would just be my own.


I understand your point because I first thought about it that way. If anime is just a hobbit or interest it should be ok to date someone that doesn't share them because people are suppose to bring a bit of different things in a relationship. However, after spending an entire semester without watching anime I realize that they're much more than a hobbit for me. Therefore, I just think that dating someone that does watch them in the way I do, which is to expend my understanding of things and have a good time, we would both be closer to understand and accept each other. If we don't need animes to do so, that'll also be fine. Nevertheless, I would not stand someone that for some unclear reasons just hate every anime. It's like musicians, you know, even if they date someone who doesn't play any instrument, they would be better off with someone that at least listen to their types of music.
2140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Dallas Tx
Offline
Posted 12/20/15

Nogara-san wrote:

I kind of already have a gentleman caller who I actually met on an anime board.


Judging by the use of words, it sounds like it's going just fine between you too.
2140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Dallas Tx
Offline
Posted 12/21/15

trvpbasedsensei wrote:

No, I only date 2D girls.


2D animated female characters are created by people using various softwares. And sometimes those people girls are real 3D girls who just represent how they would act if they had a boyfriend. So maybe by dating them, you're in fact indirectly dating the real deal! You know, like those indirect kisses when you give the can you drunk from to another person.
116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
67 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/21/15
2d>3d
2252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/21/15
Why wouldn't you? I mean it's always a bonus if your significant other has similar interests.
4050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/22/15 , edited 12/22/15

DanteLove wrote:

I understand your point because I first thought about it that way. If anime is just a hobbit or interest it should be ok to date someone that doesn't share them because people are suppose to bring a bit of different things in a relationship. However, after spending an entire semester without watching anime I realize that they're much more than a hobbit for me. Therefore, I just think that dating someone that does watch them in the way I do, which is to expend my understanding of things and have a good time, we would both be closer to understand and accept each other. If we don't need animes to do so, that'll also be fine. Nevertheless, I would not stand someone that for some unclear reasons just hate every anime. It's like musicians, you know, even if they date someone who doesn't play any instrument, they would be better off with someone that at least listen to their types of music.


Yes, I totally agree with that. It was actually pretty difficult dating someone that hated it even if I was doing it in my own time... She seemed to hate me doing most things that were dorky and nerdy but I wasn't particularly going to change, so the relationship only lasted about a year. I guess I would say that while I don't think they have to like my interests, I will say that they at least have to respect my interests and my right to have them.
And your analogy about music actually makes a lot of sense, if I spent a lot of time playing guitar, I wouldn't need a companion that played guitar as well, just someone that appreciated music and how important it was to me. And enjoying similar genres would definitely help.
1570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / InYourHeart
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
It would be much more interesting to.
Posted 12/22/15
Sure I don't see why not.
2140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Dallas Tx
Offline
Posted 12/22/15

SilentKnightIII wrote:

I feel like the more you have in common with someone, the better the relationship. Otherwise you wouldn't have much to do with each other!

But let's be honest though (as shallow as it sounds), you would need a mutual physical attraction too


Sometimes. Anyway, most of our sexiness goes away once we get older. So you're saying that you're a good looking guy ?
5638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / シャドーモセス島
Offline
Posted 12/23/15
The guy I'm with now is not an avid anime watcher by any means. In fact, we're total opposites on a lot of things, especially when it comes to our hobbies. Not having very much in common when it comes to the things we like to do is not necessarily a bad thing, though!
He actually wants to involve himself in my hobbies and I in turn want to involve myself in his. In this way there's always something to do. I enjoy the fact that we like different things. I've experienced plenty of awesome things I would have otherwise glossed over thanks to him.

Now to answer OP's question: Sure I'd date a fellow-anime lover, but it's definitely not a requirement.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.