First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Snow falls in Egypt
16739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 12/20/15 , edited 12/20/15
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/13/cairo-snow_n_4441049.html

Whelp I guess we have stopped global warming too much time to start pumping out more CO2
Werina 
205470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
LOSERVILLE
Offline
Posted 12/20/15
└[-෴-]┘
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/20/15
Can't find any reports on this on respectable news websites.
Must be a lie.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 12/20/15
so what?


The places are so selective like watching a typical movie setting (e.g., x-men).
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/20/15
That article is from 2 years ago...
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/20/15
Warmest winter records popping up around the globe. WHELP I GUESS GLOBAL WARMING IS LIE... Wait a minute....
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 12/20/15
So egypt gets snow and we dont?
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/20/15

ILuvCats11 wrote:

So egypt gets snow and we dont?


You're 13.

Calm down.
Werina 
205470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
LOSERVILLE
Offline
Posted 12/20/15

SweetPerplexity wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

So egypt gets snow and we dont?


You're 13.

Calm down.


ok this made me lol

35017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/20/15 , edited 12/20/15

SweetPerplexity wrote:

Can't find any reports on this on respectable news websites.
Must be a lie.


No, there really was a cold snap in 2013 that resulted in snowfall in Cairo (and several other parts of the Middle East). Of course, global climate change can result in elevated snow and/or rainfall as a result of an increase in surface water evaporation in oceans, seas, lakes, and rivers, so it makes no sense to point to elevated or unexpected snowfall somewhere and say "See? Global climate change isn't happening!"

Now, it does get kind of cold in Cairo (particularly at night), but generally not anywhere near cold enough for snowfall. The average low temperature for December (which is when snowstorm Alexa hit, mid-December) is about 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit), but far colder temperatures are on record for both December and other months. It was very clearly cold enough for snow to fall and accumulate in Cairo, and from what I've gathered this storm and the odd temperatures were due to a major influx of moisture and polar air. Egypt is typically very arid overall (particularly Cairo), but there is precipitation and snow in Egypt is not unheard of (it snows in St. Catherine).

http://www.weather.com/news/news/jerusalem-snow-photos-december-2013-20131212
http://www.bbc.com/weather/360630
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/20/15 , edited 12/20/15

Werina wrote:


SweetPerplexity wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

So egypt gets snow and we dont?


You're 13.

Calm down.


ok this made me lol



At least he's better than you: a 13 year old, pretending to be 20.
I know you're 13 because that joke was insubordinate and churlish, only a 13 year old would 'lol' at it... or maybe a weak 20 year old, who caves in easily to peer pressure.


Don't worry, ILuvCats11 . You don't have to be tempted into faking your age for these bullies ever again.

Let's go home.
*walks off into sunset*
Posted 12/20/15

SweetPerplexity wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

So egypt gets snow and we dont?


You're 13.

Calm down.


Was all that necessary mate?
Werina 
205470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
LOSERVILLE
Offline
Posted 12/20/15 , edited 12/20/15

SweetPerplexity wrote:


Werina wrote:


SweetPerplexity wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

So egypt gets snow and we dont?


You're 13.

Calm down.


ok this made me lol



At least he's better than you: a 13 year old, pretending to be 20.
I know you're 13 because that joke was insubordinate and churlish, only a 13 year old would 'lol' at it... or maybe a weak 20 year old, who caves in easily to peer pressure.


Don't worry, ILuvCats11 . You don't have to be tempted into faking your age for these bullies ever again.

Let's go home.
*walks off into sunset*


i rather be 13 than 20 ..

what if i laughed at it because of how stupid it was ?.. gezz

1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/20/15

BlueOni wrote:


SweetPerplexity wrote:

Can't find any reports on this on respectable news websites.
Must be a lie.


No, there really was a cold snap in 2013 that resulted in snowfall in Cairo (and several other parts of the Middle East). Of course, global climate change can result in elevated snow and/or rainfall as a result of an increase in surface water evaporation in oceans, seas, lakes, and rivers, so it makes no sense to point to elevated or unexpected snowfall somewhere and say "See? Global climate change isn't happening!"

Now, it does get kind of cold in Cairo (particularly at night), but generally not anywhere near cold enough for snowfall. The average low temperature for December (which is when snowstorm Alexa hit, mid-December) is about 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit), but far colder temperatures are on record for both December and other months. It was very clearly cold enough for snow to fall and accumulate in Cairo, and from what I've gathered this storm and the odd temperatures were due to a major influx of moisture and polar air. Egypt is typically very arid overall (particularly Cairo), but there is precipitation and snow in Egypt is not unheard of (it snows in St. Catherine).

http://www.weather.com/news/news/jerusalem-snow-photos-december-2013-20131212
http://www.bbc.com/weather/360630


You're still on here?

Listen, you don't belong on this website.
You're intelligent and actually strive for reasoning, thoughtful, smart conversation. It must be fate that our paths crossed again.
Good luck.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/20/15

ZENI7H wrote:


SweetPerplexity wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

So egypt gets snow and we dont?


You're 13.

Calm down.


Was all that necessary mate?


I'm sorry.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.