First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll Conspiracy
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/21/15 , edited 12/21/15

Magical-Soul wrote:

No, it's more like saying: "Come in for a free dessert!" And the manager says: "There's been trouble and it can't come just yet."

It's more to problem with corporate white knights. Crunchyroll themselves aren't saying anything, they're just incompetent as it's been over a week and it's not fixed.

The white knights are the ones shaming those just trying to redeem something they were promised(guest pass).

I honestly don't think any company enjoy the white knighting as it doesn't reflect their feelings at all.



The company's feelings are just: money, money, money... MONEY!
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/21/15 , edited 12/21/15

Magical-Soul wrote:

No, it's more like saying: "Come in for a free dessert!" And the manager says: "There's been trouble and it can't come just yet."

It's more to problem with corporate white knights. Crunchyroll themselves aren't saying anything, they're just incompetent as it's been over a week and it's not fixed.

The white knights are the ones shaming those just trying to redeem something they were promised(guest pass).

I honestly don't think any company enjoy the white knighting as it doesn't reflect their feelings at all.



White knighting about what? What's there to defend?

Yes exactly there is a problem and its going to take some time too fix.
You are getting something for free you don't get to complain about of timely it comes.
If you want to use CR that bad cough up 7 bucks and be done with it otherwise be patient and wait.

61 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / The Armpit of the...
Offline
Posted 12/21/15
My frustration regarding this issue is directly influenced by a bigger (at least, to me) CR issue. That is, I'm one of the many who has been unable to watch ANY shows on Roku's CR app/channel/etc, so I wanted to try a guest pass to see if that improved my predicament (I'd seen another post where someone had some luck with that). It's been weeks since CR worked with my Roku, and I would NEVER consider shelling out for premium when I can't even use it. Then to find out that the guest pass function isn't working either....kinda sours my opinion of the company's competence. Especially seeing as how they're making efforts to become compatible with other devices before really being fully compatible with the devices they claim to work with currently. What is going on here?
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/21/15

Irishsushi wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

No, it's more like saying: "Come in for a free dessert!" And the manager says: "There's been trouble and it can't come just yet."

It's more to problem with corporate white knights. Crunchyroll themselves aren't saying anything, they're just incompetent as it's been over a week and it's not fixed.

The white knights are the ones shaming those just trying to redeem something they were promised(guest pass).

I honestly don't think any company enjoy the white knighting as it doesn't reflect their feelings at all.



White knighting about what? What's there to defend?

Yes exactly there is a problem and its going to take some time too fix.
You are getting something for free you don't get to complain about of timely it comes.
If you want to use CR that bad cough up 7 bucks and be done with it otherwise be patient and wait.



That. There's your issue. Neither the users nor Crunchyroll staff wants to hear or say such a thing. If you think that way, great. But I'm not sure if Crunchyroll agrees with your message, as no successful corporation would.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/21/15

Magical-Soul wrote:


Irishsushi wrote:


White knighting about what? What's there to defend?

Yes exactly there is a problem and its going to take some time too fix.
You are getting something for free you don't get to complain about of timely it comes.
If you want to use CR that bad cough up 7 bucks and be done with it otherwise be patient and wait.



That. There's your issue. Neither the users nor Crunchyroll staff wants to hear or say such a thing. If you think that way, great. But I'm not sure if Crunchyroll agrees with your message, as no successful corporation would.


They might they might not. If this was a common occurrence (it might be I'll admit I don't know) then Id have a different opinion

My point is, if waiting a week for FREE STUFF is going to turn you away from using Crunchyroll you probably didn't care that much to begin with. I don't think CR needs customers who will jump ship, because during the holiday rush something they wanted came late.

Everything runs late during holiday season. If I cried every time something I ordered online or something didnt work on a website I'd have my own private lake.

Posted 12/21/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

"Complaining about a legitimate feature not working even though it's free? Haha shut up poor people. Stop being poor!"





CKD-Anime wrote:

^It's like that beggar who yelled at me because I ignored him and didn't give him any money. Get a job you bum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaNmmFxnjN8


One word for you guys... Pathetic
Posted 12/21/15

eronikz wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

"Complaining about a legitimate feature not working even though it's free? Haha shut up poor people. Stop being poor!"





CKD-Anime wrote:

^It's like that beggar who yelled at me because I ignored him and didn't give him any money. Get a job you bum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaNmmFxnjN8


One word for you guys... Pathetic


I was being sarcastic, hence why it was quotations. I was merely making a thinly veiled mockery. I thought you'd people get it, although I understand stupidity knows no bounds.
32296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 12/21/15 , edited 12/21/15

eronikz wrote:

CKD-Anime wrote:

^It's like that beggar who yelled at me because I ignored him and didn't give him any money. Get a job you bum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaNmmFxnjN8


One word for you guys... Pathetic
I honestly prefer parodies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGmuGqR0PTo
Posted 12/21/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


eronikz wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

"Complaining about a legitimate feature not working even though it's free? Haha shut up poor people. Stop being poor!"





CKD-Anime wrote:

^It's like that beggar who yelled at me because I ignored him and didn't give him any money. Get a job you bum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaNmmFxnjN8


One word for you guys... Pathetic


I was being sarcastic, hence why it was quotations. I was merely making a thinly veiled mockery. I thought you'd people get it, although I understand stupidity knows no bounds.

I've been poor all my life.. and I have tried to something about it but its not that easy, so to me that is not a joke.

Posted 12/21/15

eronikz wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


eronikz wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

"Complaining about a legitimate feature not working even though it's free? Haha shut up poor people. Stop being poor!"





CKD-Anime wrote:

^It's like that beggar who yelled at me because I ignored him and didn't give him any money. Get a job you bum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaNmmFxnjN8


One word for you guys... Pathetic


I was being sarcastic, hence why it was quotations. I was merely making a thinly veiled mockery. I thought you'd people get it, although I understand stupidity knows no bounds.

I've been poor all my life.. and I have tried to something about it but its not that easy, so to me that is not a joke.



Now now, no need to be dramatic, I'd had to cancel my membership for food and stop spending my money on Gachapon. It's rough all over.

P.S. I did put it in quotation marks and make a hilariously exaggerated example of stupidity at its finest. Quotations are for when someone is paraphrasing, saying verbatim, or otherwise the words of someone else. I was merely making a mockery of the disgusting replies I found in this thread in a way that said "look at me, I'm stupid!". Sometimes, the best defense is to repeat the implications or bigotry of your opponents words and let the lack of decency set in. I never meant to offend you, but you misunderstood.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 12/21/15


" My point is, if waiting a week for FREE STUFF is going to turn you away from using Crunchyroll you probably didn't care that much to begin with. I don't think CR needs customers who will jump ship, because during the holiday rush something they wanted came late."

It's healthy to not care that much and a company doesn't need customer loyalty, it needs to keep drawing people in for more.


"Everything runs late during holiday season. If I cried every time something I ordered online or something didnt work on a website I'd have my own private lake."

This is not the sort of thing that should have an excuse for being delayed.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/22/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


eronikz wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


eronikz wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

"Complaining about a legitimate feature not working even though it's free? Haha shut up poor people. Stop being poor!"





CKD-Anime wrote:

^It's like that beggar who yelled at me because I ignored him and didn't give him any money. Get a job you bum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaNmmFxnjN8


One word for you guys... Pathetic


I was being sarcastic, hence why it was quotations. I was merely making a thinly veiled mockery. I thought you'd people get it, although I understand stupidity knows no bounds.

I've been poor all my life.. and I have tried to something about it but its not that easy, so to me that is not a joke.



Now now, no need to be dramatic, I'd had to cancel my membership for food and stop spending my money on Gachapon. It's rough all over.

P.S. I did put it in quotation marks and make a hilariously exaggerated example of stupidity at its finest. Quotations are for when someone is paraphrasing, saying verbatim, or otherwise the words of someone else. I was merely making a mockery of the disgusting replies I found in this thread in a way that said "look at me, I'm stupid!". Sometimes, the best defense is to repeat the implications or bigotry of your opponents words and let the lack of decency set in. I never meant to offend you, but you misunderstood.


I think you're all missing the point. We're talking about it being a conspiracy and not the function of the guest pass.
Peripheral, be nice. It's just a little misunderstanding. We're all on the same team and eronikz raised a great point about his Roku thing. So let's all just cuddle and stick together.
Der Zoodirektor
23417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
Some things just take time to fix. Be it the Roku issue or the guest pass issue.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.