First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply 'Libra of the Vampire Princess' Kickstarter is Live!
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / Tokyo
Offline
Posted 12/21/15
Hello, Crunchyroll!

How is everyone? We'd like to let you know that our Kickstarter for 'Libra of the Vampire Princess' is now live! If you love Japanese visual novels, awesome artwork and a rich story that is full of humor, vampires and supernatural battle, you must come and check out Libra. Our goal and passion is to bring more visual novels from Japan to the West, and with your help, we're all one step closer to achieving that. Please stop by and watch our intro video and learn more about our campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)


PS: Special thank you to Loreen for allowing us to post.
1150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 12/21/15
no ads pls. thanks.
Posted 12/21/15

Radraymond01 wrote:

no ads pls. thanks.


They apparently got permission from Lorreen, so I don't oppose.
14470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / I D ho
Offline
Posted 12/21/15 , edited 12/22/15
I don't really see a problem with posting non-spam ads, especially when it's something that's actually relevant to the site. Many people who watch anime also like to read VN's. Especially with all the anime based off of VN's.

It's not like this is some piss-poor grammar ad for some MMO gold buying site or something.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/21/15
That Lorreen bit at the end actually made me cringe. Thanking Lorreen, lol.

Anyway, your visual novel looks fantastic! I'll be sure to pluck out a few bucks for you!

Though I'm not really a fan of none-hentai visual novels.
Posted 12/21/15

Magical-Soul wrote:

That Lorreen bit at the end actually made me cringe. Thanking Lorreen, lol.

Anyway, your visual novel looks fantastic! I'll be sure to pluck out a few bucks for you!

Though I'm not really a fan of none-hentai visual novels.


Apparently, there is sexual content, even a urination fetish, or so VNDB tells me. Probably be all ages though.
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / Tokyo
Offline
Posted 12/21/15
A few months ago, before our Kickstarter launch, we were a bit overzealous in our first Crunchyroll post. The pure excitement we were experiencing to be working on Libra caused us to come out with horns on full blast. As a result, the post was locked. Loreen was kind enough to offer an opportunity to post again after the Kickstarter had launched, so for that "second chance", we're very thankful.

What ryuknightalex said was spot-on: "Many people who watch anime also like to read VN's. Especially with all the anime based off of VN's." Japanese VN's certainly fit into the whole anime/manga ecosystem, and especially for that reason, so we feel it is relevant to introduce Libra. There's around 300 titles hitting the shelves each year in Japan, but most won't make it to the West. Like Sekai Project, for example, our objective is to change that by bringing more VN's overseas to those that really want to delve in and enjoy. Some don't perfer VN's. Some do. Some are curious. We're grateful for the chance to connect with all of the above.

Thanks again for your time. ^__^
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / Tokyo
Offline
Posted 12/21/15 , edited 12/21/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

That Lorreen bit at the end actually made me cringe. Thanking Lorreen, lol.

Anyway, your visual novel looks fantastic! I'll be sure to pluck out a few bucks for you!

Though I'm not really a fan of none-hentai visual novels.


Apparently, there is sexual content, even a urination fetish, or so VNDB tells me. Probably be all ages though.


We were approved on Greenlight, and so Libra will be made suitable for Steam's marketplace.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/21/15

MiKandiJapan wrote:
We were approved on Greenlight, and so Libra will be made suitable for Steam's marketplace.


Well that's no fun.


2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/21/15

MiKandiJapan wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

That Lorreen bit at the end actually made me cringe. Thanking Lorreen, lol.

Anyway, your visual novel looks fantastic! I'll be sure to pluck out a few bucks for you!

Though I'm not really a fan of none-hentai visual novels.


Apparently, there is sexual content, even a urination fetish, or so VNDB tells me. Probably be all ages though.


We were approved on Greenlight, and so Libra will be made suitable for Steam's marketplace.


That's unfortunate, I'm actually not a fan or user of steam. :/

Well, the game still looks nice.
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / Tokyo
Offline
Posted 12/21/15 , edited 12/21/15

Magical-Soul wrote:


MiKandiJapan wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

That Lorreen bit at the end actually made me cringe. Thanking Lorreen, lol.

Anyway, your visual novel looks fantastic! I'll be sure to pluck out a few bucks for you!

Though I'm not really a fan of none-hentai visual novels.


Apparently, there is sexual content, even a urination fetish, or so VNDB tells me. Probably be all ages though.


We were approved on Greenlight, and so Libra will be made suitable for Steam's marketplace.


That's unfortunate, I'm actually not a fan or user of steam. :/

Well, the game still looks nice.


Aside from Steam, a few other digital marketplaces are in the works.
We're also making a standard physical edition and Collector's box edition of the game that will be DRM-free.
A free patch is also planned to restore content for those that would prefer a different experience.
Thanks for giving Libra a look and also for the compliment, Magical-Soul!
19466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 12/21/15

MiKandiJapan wrote:
We're also making a standard physical edition and Collector's box edition of the game that will be DRM-free.
A free patch is also planned to restore content for those that would prefer a different experience.

^ thumbs up and thanks for those things.

Backer as well . Now let's reach that goal...
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / Tokyo
Offline
Posted 12/21/15

Gracias2 wrote:


MiKandiJapan wrote:
We're also making a standard physical edition and Collector's box edition of the game that will be DRM-free.
A free patch is also planned to restore content for those that would prefer a different experience.

^ thumbs up and thanks for those things.

Backer as well . Now let's reach that goal...


Great news! Thanks for your support and welcome to... the...
Vampire Princess Army!
7080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/21/15
Aw I would love to... but with CAD lowering and holiday expense... I do not think it was the best time to start the kickstarter, but it look incredibly promising. I love VN and I would love to support it but I just can't right now.
22244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/21/15
The more Visual Novels brought over the better! I hope you guys reach your goal!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.