First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Are you a Titan?
Posted 12/22/15
Are you a Titan?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
*Bites thumb*

Bleeds everywhere. I guess not.
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
Yes I am. Thanks for asking!
Posted 12/22/15
no, i am a wall worshipper, puh-raise the walls!!
13579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
Yes, I am ATLAS.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/22/15 , edited 12/22/15
Shingeki No Kyojin is a racist manga with a racist manga artist called Hajime Isayama.

He has made several racist comments and stands by them to this day.
The manga has characters based off of Imperialist Generals involved in rape and countless murders.
The manga also has racist themes embedded within it.
Just thought newcomers to the fandom should know what it's about.
Werina 
206597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
Yes.. ... ( ͡°‿ ͡°)
Posted 12/22/15 , edited 12/22/15

SweetPerplexity wrote:

Shingeki No Kyojin is a racist manga with a racist manga artist called Hajime Isayama.

He has made several racist comments and stands by them to this day.
The manga has characters based off of Imperialist Generals involved in rape and countless murders.
The manga also has racist themes embedded within it.
Just thought newcomers to the fandom should know what it's about.


1 I don't need to like him has a person to like his manga nor do I trust somebody without a credible source .
2 Couldn't care a fat more or less who or what is base on.
3 That no a new thing and is use a lot in works of fiction. It make it more interesting to be honest.
4 Lies. You just say that to cause problems.
34924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/22/15 , edited 12/22/15
No, I'm a ghoul.

Posted 12/22/15
No, I'm a son of Sparda.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/22/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


SweetPerplexity wrote:

Shingeki No Kyojin is a racist manga with a racist manga artist called Hajime Isayama.

He has made several racist comments and stands by them to this day.
The manga has characters based off of Imperialist Generals involved in rape and countless murders.
The manga also has racist themes embedded within it.
Just thought newcomers to the fandom should know what it's about.


1 I don't need to like him has a person to like his manga nor do I trust somebody without a credible source .
2 Couldn't care a fat more or less who or what is base on.
3 That no a new thing and is use a lot in works of fiction. It make it more interesting to be honest.
4 Lies. You just say that to cause problems.


You can do your research if you want proof? But the facts I've put forward are probably far too inconvenient to what you want to believe for you to do any research.

1 You promote and advertise his anime with your forum posts gifs and internet presence.
2 Alright, you don't have to care, just putting the information out there.
3 If you think promoting racism through a manga/anime makes it more interesting then... well, okay. That's your opinion.
4 I loved the show until I realised all of this and wished I knew it sooner, so I'm letting newcomers find out sooner.

Here's the basic evidence:

Dot Pixis is based off of Imperialist War General Yoshifuru Akiyama involved in the Port Arthur Massacre & Nanjing Massacre.(Hajime Isayama has admitted to this) http://blog.livedoor.jp/isayamahazime/archives/3639547.html


Armin states Pixis and Erwin Smith have the ability to "throw away their humanity" and in essence sacrifice their morals as made evident by their actions in the series, to achieve their goals. Armin regards this as admirable and Eren uses this as justification for all of his killings in the season finale.

Mikasa was named after an Imperial warship.

Isayama has also made xenophobic, racist remarks through tweets on Korea, the victims of Japan's imperialist rule. Stating that they should consider themselves lucky to have been tortured and victims of the malum in se committed by Japanese soldiers or they wouldn't be where they are today. (specifically stating that Koreans’ lifespans doubled and that their lives fucking improved ‘thanks’ to Japan’s colonization of it.) Although the original tweet was deleted, it was publicised in newspapers.

Although some of the evidence stated up is strong than others, and I have neglected many other scenes and portrayals in the show like the symbolism behind the 'Wallists.' The only reason I can think of for most of this to have surfaced and the show to still has a huge following in Japan would be because of their revisions of history textbooks and the growing problem of far-right fascist groups as is seen by the weekly strolls of the Uyoku Dantai.
Posted 12/22/15 , edited 12/22/15

SweetPerplexity wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


SweetPerplexity wrote:

Shingeki No Kyojin is a racist manga with a racist manga artist called Hajime Isayama.

He has made several racist comments and stands by them to this day.
The manga has characters based off of Imperialist Generals involved in rape and countless murders.
The manga also has racist themes embedded within it.
Just thought newcomers to the fandom should know what it's about.


1 I don't need to like him has a person to like his manga nor do I trust somebody without a credible source .
2 Couldn't care a fat more or less who or what is base on.
3 That no a new thing and is use a lot in works of fiction. It make it more interesting to be honest.
4 Lies. You just say that to cause problems.


You can do your research if you want proof? But the facts I've put forward are probably far too inconvenient to what you want to believe for you to do any research.

1 You promote and advertise his anime with your forum posts gifs and internet presence.
2 Alright, you don't have to care, just putting the information out there.
3 If you think promoting racism through a manga/anime makes it more interesting then... well, okay. That's your opinion.
4 I loved the show until I realised all of this and wished I knew it sooner, so I'm letting newcomers find out sooner.

Here's the basic evidence:

Dot Pixis is based off of Imperialist War General Yoshifuru Akiyama involved in the Port Arthur Massacre & Nanjing Massacre.(Hajime Isayama has admitted to this) http://blog.livedoor.jp/isayamahazime/archives/3639547.html


Armin states Pixis and Erwin Smith have the ability to "throw away their humanity" and in essence sacrifice their morals as made evident by their actions in the series, to achieve their goals. Armin regards this as admirable and Eren uses this as justification for all of his killings in the season finale.

Mikasa was named after an Imperial warship.

Isayama has also made xenophobic, racist remarks through tweets on Korea, the victims of Japan's imperialist rule. Stating that they should consider themselves lucky to have been tortured and victims of the malum in se committed by Japanese soldiers or they wouldn't be where they are today. (specifically stating that Koreans’ lifespans doubled and that their lives fucking improved ‘thanks’ to Japan’s colonization of it.) Although the original tweet was deleted, it was publicised in newspapers.

Although some of the evidence stated up is strong than others, and I have neglected many other scenes and portrayals in the show like the symbolism behind the 'Wallists.' The only reason I can think of for most of this to have surfaced and the show to still has a huge following in Japan would be because of their revisions of history textbooks and the growing problem of far-right fascist groups as is seen by the weekly strolls of the Uyoku Dantai.


1 Don't know what this has to do with anything I say.
2 No you just being an ass.
3 I appreciated if you don't wist my words to your convenience.
4 No you just are flame baiting.
5 Korea and Japan's are both assholes about the whole thing. Don't care ether way.
6 I can't read Japanese. Even if true meh. Korea isn't a saint nor I going to hate somebody over a racist remark.

Posted 12/22/15
Where do I sign up for this
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
11725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 12/22/15
ya
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.