Post Reply Holidays
3513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/22/15 , edited 12/22/15
Quite awhile back I was watching Rin-ne and someone commented that they were definitely gonna watch the Christmas episode at Christmas time (I notice anime tends to use Christmas, not other holidays) and so now that it's almost Christmas I was wondering if people would like it if CrunchyRoll setup some kind of Holiday Playlist with a bunch of anime episodes that fit the bill. My niece is staying over and is getting interested in anime a little so I thought the more appropriate ones might be fun for her to watch instead of the usual Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman.
I know there's a Gintama one that I might look up to watch again, myself.
Any you're planning to watch?
3513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
Manga chapters could work too, I guess.
3513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
And I can see now that I'm in the wrong section but I can't change it, I'm not good at categorizing and the descriptions confused me.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15

KrystalBlue wrote:

And I can see now that I'm in the wrong section but I can't change it, I'm not good at categorizing and the descriptions confused me.


Moved to the advice. Usually there is a holiday episode in most anime lol... Sailor Moon had a few and the 2nd movie was based on the Snow Queen.
mnmike 
20137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15
Check out this thread for some:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-930029/christmas-theme-episodes

For anime holiday movies, nothing beats Tokyo Godfathers--my favorite Christmas movie of all time, anime or not.

Some of my favorite individual episodes:

Basically all of Amagami SS takes place during the lead-up to Christmas
SAO, episode 3, "The Red Nosed Reindeer"
Toradora, episode 19, "Christmas Eve Festival"
My Love Story, episode 17, "My Christmas"
Clannad After Story, episode 13, "Graduation"
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza, episode 4, "Yuuto's scent..."
Kimi ni Todoke, episode 22, "Christmas"
mnmike 
20137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15
I feel like really good Christmas bits are more uncommon in manga other than the standard "gift giving/overwork" plotline that so many mangaka love. ("Christmas is coming, I need to find a job to buy a cool present; oh no, we don't get to see each other because we work too much!; Oh, this cool present makes it all okay!")

In terms of Manga chapters the two that really jump out at me that break that mold are:

Ai Yori Aoshi, Ch 43 and 44
Umi no Misaki, Vol 7 Special ("A Southern Island Christmas")
3513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

alexwithcandy wrote:


KrystalBlue wrote:

And I can see now that I'm in the wrong section but I can't change it, I'm not good at categorizing and the descriptions confused me.


Moved to the advice. Usually there is a holiday episode in most anime lol... Sailor Moon had a few and the 2nd movie was based on the Snow Queen.


Thanks ^.^
Yea, I figured most of the longer ones would but I feel like I actually haven't seen a whole lot while I've been on here.
3513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

mnmike wrote:

Check out this thread for some:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-930029/christmas-theme-episodes

For anime holiday movies, nothing beats Tokyo Godfathers--my favorite Christmas movie of all time, anime or not.

Some of my favorite individual episodes:

Basically all of Amagami SS takes place during the lead-up to Christmas
SAO, episode 3, "The Red Nosed Reindeer"
Toradora, episode 19, "Christmas Eve Festival"
My Love Story, episode 17, "My Christmas"
Clannad After Story, episode 13, "Graduation"
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza, episode 4, "Yuuto's scent..."
Kimi ni Todoke, episode 22, "Christmas"


Thanks, I'll look it over.
I think the only one in that list I have access to is SAO... hmm.
thanks for your other post too.
14128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Online
Posted 12/24/15 , edited 12/24/15
here is a list I found
http://myanimelist.net/featured/1056
also
episode 37 of polar bear cafe
You must be logged in to post.