First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Name stereotypes based on gender you hate
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

I'm not trying to attach it to be feminine. It's completely different, femininity is nice. So I should've explained better in first post. But there's being gay and fabulous, then there is being an annoying idiot who uses there sexuality like they're levitating above everyone else, as they say if the shoe fits. And don't try speaking on behalf of other people, as I said I have a friend who's gay and he also can't stand them.
Again, I'm not against being intolerant of actions. But using fag in such a word gives off such strange, ugly vibes. I mean, what do you think of me using the word nigger to describe those that sag their pants?

And don't use tokenism to say "well, my gay friend is okay with the F word", because I know 3x as many that are offended by such a word in reference to such behavior. Keep in mind that you're using the same word spouted by the Westboro Church in a similar way to decry behavior you find offensive. It just doesn't look good.
Posted 12/23/15
^ *coughs* ill cover my hatred by saying I have a gay friend *coughs
207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

MonologueWolf wrote:


yaboogie wrote:

That women don't need to get paid in exact, for working the same job as a man, simply because she's supposed to be inferior.


What country and era are you living in? Iv'e only ever heard that from men in there mid 40's and above saying that about inexperienced women earning as much as a more qualified man for the same job. Nothing to do with being male or female, just merits and experience.


The here and now. Pay equality is actually a huge thing. Not just where I'm from.

"On average, women continue to earn considerably less than men. In 2014, female full-time workers made only 79 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 21 percent. Women, on average, earn less than men in virtually every single occupation for which there is sufficient earnings data for both men and women to calculate an earnings ratio."

There are also debates on sick leave compensation due to childbirth. I've heard men arguing over a woman's decision to get pregnant and ask for time off to give birth and rest. Even paying women less because she may get pregnant and is therefore a company liability.

I just find even the thought about it a bit daft and stereotypical.
16761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15
2333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / athens, greece.
Offline
Posted 12/23/15
That women don't think about sex a lot, and that all women want to get married and have kids.

Many women may not watch porn, but have you seen what they're reading?
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Again, I'm not against being intolerant of actions. But using fag in such a word gives off such strange, ugly vibes. I mean, what do you think of me using the word nigger to describe those that sag their pants?

And don't use tokenism to say "well, my gay friend is okay with the F word", because I know 3x as many that are offended by such a word in reference to such behavior. Keep in mind that you're using the same word spouted by the Westboro Church in a similar way to decry behavior you find offensive. It just doesn't look good.


Well first off, those morons didn't create the word and they use it for everything. I don't, I use it for a very specific group of people which, if you actually seen the drama they like to cause, or just how they act in clubs, you'll see what I mean. Just like how you would recognize how a bitch acts compared to a normal girl.

And you using the word 'nigger' to those who what, act like one? I don't care, they call themselves and each other nigger anyway, fight, have no job, do nothing for society so fuck 'em. I would agree with you.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/23/15
I dislike all forms of stereotypes, no matter what they are


Magical-Soul wrote:

I love all of the true negative ones.

Women who sleep around are sluts.

Men who act like women are faggots. Etc.

But then again, I'm all for sexism.


What are you doing here on a forum, get into the kitchen and make me a sandwich, woman... Stereotypes exist for a reason, but that reason isn't always a good reason...

Posted 12/23/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Again, I'm not against being intolerant of actions. But using fag in such a word gives off such strange, ugly vibes. I mean, what do you think of me using the word nigger to describe those that sag their pants?

And don't use tokenism to say "well, my gay friend is okay with the F word", because I know 3x as many that are offended by such a word in reference to such behavior. Keep in mind that you're using the same word spouted by the Westboro Church in a similar way to decry behavior you find offensive. It just doesn't look good.


Well first off, those morons didn't create the word and they use it for everything. I don't, I use it for a very specific group of people which, if you actually seen the drama they like to cause, or just how they act in clubs, you'll see what I mean. Just like how you would recognize how a bitch acts compared to a normal girl.

And you using the word 'nigger' to those who what, act like one? I don't care, they call themselves and each other nigger anyway, fight, have no job, do nothing for society so fuck 'em. I would agree with you.


Just be careful. Public etiquette and all, ya know? These words aren't mere vulgarities, but slurs. Most of my response is a knee jerk reaction. Why? Because of my experience with how these words are used. Bitch has less of a connotation than these words. Even on a forum, where less than half knows your mannerisms and such, could spark another lengthy debate.
33369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

I dislike all forms of stereotypes, no matter what they are


Magical-Soul wrote:

I love all of the true negative ones.

Women who sleep around are sluts.

Men who act like women are faggots. Etc.

But then again, I'm all for sexism.


What are you doing here on a forum, get into the kitchen and make me a sandwich, woman... Stereotypes exist for a reason, but that reason isn't always a good reason...



Grab me a drink while your at it
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15

yaboogie wrote:

"muh wage gap"





PeripheralVisionary wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Again, I'm not against being intolerant of actions. But using fag in such a word gives off such strange, ugly vibes. I mean, what do you think of me using the word nigger to describe those that sag their pants?

And don't use tokenism to say "well, my gay friend is okay with the F word", because I know 3x as many that are offended by such a word in reference to such behavior. Keep in mind that you're using the same word spouted by the Westboro Church in a similar way to decry behavior you find offensive. It just doesn't look good.


Well first off, those morons didn't create the word and they use it for everything. I don't, I use it for a very specific group of people which, if you actually seen the drama they like to cause, or just how they act in clubs, you'll see what I mean. Just like how you would recognize how a bitch acts compared to a normal girl.

And you using the word 'nigger' to those who what, act like one? I don't care, they call themselves and each other nigger anyway, fight, have no job, do nothing for society so fuck 'em. I would agree with you.


Just be careful. Public etiquette and all, ya know? These words aren't mere vulgarities, but slurs. Most of my response is a knee jerk reaction. Why? Because of my experience with how these words are used. Bitch has less of a connotation than these words. Even on a forum, where less than half knows your mannerisms and such, could spark another lengthy debate.


Well if it was to happen then I'd clear things up like I done for you. In a way I don't care if people get offended, but I don't want to hurt the feelings of those I'm not even talking about.
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15

yaboogie wrote:


MonologueWolf wrote:


yaboogie wrote:

That women don't need to get paid in exact, for working the same job as a man, simply because she's supposed to be inferior.


What country and era are you living in? Iv'e only ever heard that from men in there mid 40's and above saying that about inexperienced women earning as much as a more qualified man for the same job. Nothing to do with being male or female, just merits and experience.


The here and now. Pay equality is actually a huge thing. Not just where I'm from.

"On average, women continue to earn considerably less than men. In 2014, female full-time workers made only 79 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 21 percent. Women, on average, earn less than men in virtually every single occupation for which there is sufficient earnings data for both men and women to calculate an earnings ratio."

There are also debates on sick leave compensation due to childbirth. I've heard men arguing over a woman's decision to get pregnant and ask for time off to give birth and rest. Even paying women less because she may get pregnant and is therefore a company liability.

I just find even the thought about it a bit daft and stereotypical.


You do know those studies were debunked, like a million times. The '70-80 cents' number they always throw out ignores a hell of a lot of important things. First, 'full-time' can constitute anything that's not part time, so from 40-100 hours a week, and men are much more likely to clock in significant overtime hours, boosting their salary significantly. Another important thing is that men are much more aggressive in asking for raises compared to women. Another important gap closer is occupational fields, engineering is still very male heavy, though I've noticed more women recently and it is one of the highest paying undergraduate degree jobs you can get. In civilized first world countries at least, the wage gap fallacy can be explained entirely rather easily.

On the other hand, "inexperienced women earning as much as a more qualified man," actually exists in these same countries. It comes down to the reverse discrimination of affirmative action to reach gender quotas. Not that women don't have a plethora of equality issues in society, but this wage thing is blatantly false in most places.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

yaboogie wrote:

The here and now. Pay equality is actually a huge thing. Not just where I'm from.

"On average, women continue to earn considerably less than men. In 2014, female full-time workers made only 79 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 21 percent. Women, on average, earn less than men in virtually every single occupation for which there is sufficient earnings data for both men and women to calculate an earnings ratio."

There are also debates on sick leave compensation due to childbirth. I've heard men arguing over a woman's decision to get pregnant and ask for time off to give birth and rest. Even paying women less because she may get pregnant and is therefore a company liability.

I just find even the thought about it a bit daft and stereotypical.



207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


yaboogie wrote:

"muh wage gap"



Okay, I'm a bit confused. Isn't this thread about the stereotypes we hate? That debates like: pay equality do, in fact, exist. The fact that I heard conversations about it, in the workplace, was a stereotype to me. That's all.
747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

yaboogie wrote:


MonologueWolf wrote:


yaboogie wrote:

That women don't need to get paid in exact, for working the same job as a man, simply because she's supposed to be inferior.


What country and era are you living in? Iv'e only ever heard that from men in there mid 40's and above saying that about inexperienced women earning as much as a more qualified man for the same job. Nothing to do with being male or female, just merits and experience.


The here and now. Pay equality is actually a huge thing. Not just where I'm from.

"On average, women continue to earn considerably less than men. In 2014, female full-time workers made only 79 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 21 percent. Women, on average, earn less than men in virtually every single occupation for which there is sufficient earnings data for both men and women to calculate an earnings ratio."

There are also debates on sick leave compensation due to childbirth. I've heard men arguing over a woman's decision to get pregnant and ask for time off to give birth and rest. Even paying women less because she may get pregnant and is therefore a company liability.

I just find even the thought about it a bit daft and stereotypical.


You might find it absurd, but put yourself in the company's point of view. Assuming you're from the UK, a female employee just got pregnant and will be out on paid maternity leave for 39 weeks and many more weeks or unpaid maternity leave. However, a male employee who's partner is having a child gets 1 or 2 weeks of paternity leave or "up to 26 weeks’ paid Additional Paternity Leave, if your child was due or placed for adoption before 5 April 2015."

Profit wise, a woman who gets pregnant is a much bigger liability than her male counterpart for obvious reasons thus getting paid less overall. From a moral point of view what you say makes sense, but business wise it incomprehensible and a big loss of profits for the entire company.
656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

yaboogie wrote:

That women don't need to get paid in exact, for working the same job as a man, simply because she's supposed to be inferior.



Only feminists think that western men think women are inferior. Please don't be a fool like them.



I like to read a lot and one of my dirty secrets is that I read gay novels and I have read many with these very annoying and stupid stereotypes:

Gay men are feminine in the way they look and behave I want to read gay novels with men, not chicks with dicks please.

The one that gets me more is that they have a female best friend. Ugh! *pulls out hair*




14763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15
Well, before this became another deranged self-loathing Magical Soul thread, I was going to say that some stereotypes may still be true, like the idea that women stink at being movie critics, and have no idea why the Stooges are funny. ("Moe keeps slapping people, he's mean!")

I've also seen female sports commentators try to break the glass ceiling, but we're being way too generous for our own good.


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

What are you doing here on a forum, get into the kitchen and make me a sandwich, woman... Stereotypes exist for a reason, but that reason isn't always a good reason...


Exactly: Why, fifty or sixty years later, do we still think women can make sandwiches?
Has anyone ever SEEN a woman make a sandwich?....Well, have you? All they ever think about is cupcakes!

And let's not even bring up how Agent Carter pretty well closed the door on guys ever watching broadcast network TV again.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.