First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Apparently Monogamous relationships are dying
16795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

SurvivingHorror wrote:




You can do whatever you want, but I think she knows exactly how 'Prince Judar' would react if he learned someone was pretending to be him, and doing a poor job of it.

He'd break up with her!


Wow now your arguing an anime character would break up with someone because someone roleplayed him. Your really grasping at straws dude just give it up.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15

Rujikin wrote:


SurvivingHorror wrote:




You can do whatever you want, but I think she knows exactly how 'Prince Judar' would react if he learned someone was pretending to be him, and doing a poor job of it.

He'd break up with her!


Wow now your arguing an anime character would break up with someone because someone roleplayed him. Your really grasping at straws dude just give it up.


^ +1.

What kinda clown would even take offense to random jabs like this?

The more you try to personally attack someone with insults, the more they laugh at you because it's not hard to see through.
Posted 12/23/15

MonologueWolf wrote:


40YearOldVirgin wrote:

Oh well.
We weren't designed to be monogamous anyway. Monogamy is a social construct. Men don't produce millions of sperms each day to be with 1 mate. That's all I have to say.


Men weren't designed to mate with other men, neither were women designed to mate with women but that still happens right? Anyways, monogamy prevents the chances of catching something and forming a strong bound that usually ties into creating a stable family. By your logic, men should roam around courting and impregnating multiple women and ultimately die after a short yet disease ridden life.. yeah, no thanks.


Homosexuality and other things similar to that nature are not social constructs; something in the brain caused them to behave that way. Monogamy is a social construct. Given a choice, most people would sleep with any hot person they want because of primitive urges, it's the same for females, during their menstrual cycle, they have a difference tastes in men's body, that's because of their primitive instincts acting up. It's not natural to want monogamy is what I'm saying, humans are animals, animals want to mate with other mates that they consider to be the "fittest".

The thread title is "monogamy is dying", monogamy was never there to begin with, is what I'm saying. Infidelity has always been prevalent in the past, lol. People need to read up on history books. Yeah of course, divorce weren't allowed, but that didn't mean the husbands weren't sleeping with the maids and slaves.

How do you think mixed people come about? Americans in the past raped their slaves, that's not monogamy. Chinese emperors had up to 300 concubines.

Monogamy is not dying, it WAS NEVER there.
60992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

GrandMasterTime wrote:


Werina wrote:

ʕ ͡°ᴥ ͡°ʔ


Back to the shadows you spawn of the great unclean one, BACK!


lol ^
60992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

40YearOldVirgin wrote:


MonologueWolf wrote:


40YearOldVirgin wrote:

Oh well.
We weren't designed to be monogamous anyway. Monogamy is a social construct. Men don't produce millions of sperms each day to be with 1 mate. That's all I have to say.


Men weren't designed to mate with other men, neither were women designed to mate with women but that still happens right? Anyways, monogamy prevents the chances of catching something and forming a strong bound that usually ties into creating a stable family. By your logic, men should roam around courting and impregnating multiple women and ultimately die after a short yet disease ridden life.. yeah, no thanks.


Homosexuality and other things similar to that nature are not social constructs; something in the brain caused them to behave that way. Monogamy is a social construct. Given a choice, most people would sleep with any hot person they want because of primitive urges, it's the same for females, during their menstrual cycle, they have a difference tastes in men's body, that's because of their primitive instincts acting up. It's not natural to want monogamy is what I'm saying, humans are animals, animals want to mate with other mates that they consider to be the "fittest".

The thread title is "monogamy is dying", monogamy was never there to begin with, is what I'm saying. Infidelity has always been prevalent in the past, lol. People need to read up on history books. Yeah of course, divorce weren't allowed, but that didn't mean the husbands weren't sleeping with the maids and slaves.

How do you think mixed people come about? Americans in the past raped their slaves, that's not monogamy. Chinese emperors had up to 300 concubines.

Monogamy is not dying, it WAS NEVER there.


point made ^ post is finished
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mars
Offline
Posted 12/23/15

SurvivingHorror wrote:
I would say your more ignorant, than spoiled.

you're*

OP: Am I still in a monogamous relationship if Yon loves Judar as much as this guy says she does? I mean, I'll fight the dude if I have to. I refuse to share bae!

P.S. You guys might be pleased-- or displeased-- to know she is actually a confident fuck IRL too, for as short as she is. So, nope, not an act. She's actually really mean. Just the other day she ran into a kid at the mall and I had to embarrass her so she wouldn't do it again. You shoulda seen her face, guys. It was amazing.
39056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 12/23/15
Wait.... wait....


What's happening?
678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15

Rujikin wrote:

Not at bars or dance floors I can tell you that. I know a lot of good guys but somehow whatever we do seems to be completely male dominated and no women to be seen anywhere. It's actually quite difficult to meet women because there is none to be found and the few that happen to be around get swarmed or are someone else's GF


Now that's a dilemma... btw, I don't go to bars or dance floors often. I'm mainly speaking about the guys I have met in College, work and everyday life.

Or maybe I just have bad luck. my relationships never last more than 3 months. I'm a romantic at heart, I don't like polygamy and I want to believe in love with one person only but the reality is cruel.

Sometimes I wish life was an anime.
534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/15
I hate monogamy. I have a lot of love in my heart. A healthy poly relationship means consent and knowledge.
678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15

panro wrote:

I hate monogamy. I have a lot of love in my heart. A healthy poly relationship means consent and knowledge.


Good for you!

In my case, I will never understand polygamy. How can you love 2+ people at the same time? I'm not religious but I do believe in this saying because it has happened to me: "No servant can serve two masters, because either he will hate one and love the other, or be loyal to one and despise the other".

It's ok if I'm not in love and I just want to have fun but when I'm serious about someone I want them to look at me only and I don't look at anybody (unless I'm not in love).

I'm aware that we are all very complex so, even though I don't understand it, I'm find with others doing it as long as all parties agree with it.
34241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago
Online
Posted 12/23/15

Rujikin wrote:



Not at bars or dance floors I can tell you that. I know a lot of good guys but somehow whatever we do seems to be completely male dominated and no women to be seen anywhere. It's actually quite difficult to meet women because there is none to be found and the few that happen to be around get swarmed or are someone else's GF



Sounds like you are in the Midwest buddy where seven's think they are ten's. Head to a coast where all the dimes live.
186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15
Everybody cheats.
Everybody lies.
And it's not just guys. I've seen just as many girls do the same thing, if not worse. The amount of guys raising someone else's kid out there is disgusting.
"Trust issues" is really just code for "realist/smart enough to see through the bullshit", but you make the liars and cheats feel guilty, so they label you with this derogatory crap, like you're crazy.


Unfortunately I think the people saying Monogamy was never really a thing are spot on.
Every time I bitch about everyone cheating and not being able to find a woman for a serious relationship, my friend tells me I'm the crazy one; That humans aren't meant to be monogamous. "Enjoy it while you're in your prime ! Later you'll wish you could still do it !"
You hear that kind of shit everywhere, all the time. It really seems to be the prominent mindset.

Those of us who value love more highly than sex are the anomalies.
I personally can't find a lady who's interested in more than just fucking me, and if I'm honest I think I'm more upset by the lies than anything else. Being told you're not relationship material would suck less than being told she loves you when she really doesn't.
What she loves is how you make her feel right this moment, and later she'll hop onto whoever makes her feel whichever way she wants at the time.
I would gladly give up on sex for the rest of my life in exchange for knowing 100% my partner won't cheat on me and is genuinely in love with me.

Considering the statistics (don't look them up, you'll ruin yourself for dating forever), I think those of us who seek "old fashioned companionship" are the crazy ones, or we're just too romantic ?
Reality is no fairy tale. There is no princess to your prince charming, and vice versa. And if there are, they are a statistical anomaly.


(This is from a guy who has never cheated in his life, and never will. Because he has weird overly romantic values, apparently.)


Posted 12/23/15

SurvivingHorror wrote:



LOL! Prince Judar isn't role playing 24/7! She's in love with this guy, and she's imagining what he would say in that situation! Not only that, but all her confidence comes from that guy. It's sad. I mean, imagine what she's like in real life. I doubt she's nearly as confident.


Prince Judar is a cool person in my opinion. Why are you salty ?
16795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 12/23/15 , edited 12/23/15

thatgirl202 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Not at bars or dance floors I can tell you that. I know a lot of good guys but somehow whatever we do seems to be completely male dominated and no women to be seen anywhere. It's actually quite difficult to meet women because there is none to be found and the few that happen to be around get swarmed or are someone else's GF


Now that's a dilemma... btw, I don't go to bars or dance floors often. I'm mainly speaking about the guys I have met in College, work and everyday life.

Or maybe I just have bad luck. my relationships never last more than 3 months. I'm a romantic at heart, I don't like polygamy and I want to believe in love with one person only but the reality is cruel.

Sometimes I wish life was an anime.


I know isn't it... You know that sounds similar to some guys I talk to, when you say romantic at heart do you mean your clingy?


X41822N wrote:

Everybody cheats.
Everybody lies.
And it's not just guys. I've seen just as many girls do the same thing, if not worse. The amount of guys raising someone else's kid out there is disgusting.
"Trust issues" is really just code for "realist/smart enough to see through the bullshit", but you make the liars and cheats feel guilty, so they label you with this derogatory crap, like you're crazy.


Unfortunately I think the people saying Monogamy was never really a thing are spot on.
Every time I bitch about everyone cheating and not being able to find a woman for a serious relationship, my friend tells me I'm the crazy one; That humans aren't meant to be monogamous. "Enjoy it while you're in your prime ! Later you'll wish you could still do it !"
You hear that kind of shit everywhere, all the time. It really seems to be the prominent mindset.

Those of us who value love more highly than sex are the anomalies.
I personally can't find a lady who's interested in more than just fucking me, and if I'm honest I think I'm more upset by the lies than anything else. Being told you're not relationship material would suck less than being told she loves you when she really doesn't.
What she loves is how you make her feel right this moment, and later she'll hop onto whoever makes her feel whichever way she wants at the time.
I would gladly give up on sex for the rest of my life in exchange for knowing 100% my partner won't cheat on me and is genuinely in love with me.

Considering the statistics (don't look them up, you'll ruin yourself for dating forever), I think those of us who seek "old fashioned companionship" are the crazy ones, or we're just too romantic ?
Reality is no fairy tale. There is no princess to your prince charming, and vice versa. And if there are, they are a statistical anomaly.


(This is from a guy who has never cheated in his life, and never will. Because he has weird overly romantic values, apparently.)




I know a lot of guys that want to just meet someone that they love and be done with it in the midwest. However most of them are religious in some sense. The Atheists I know just want to fuck anything that moves like unevolved monkeys.
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12/23/15
Monogamous relationships aren't dying. It's just that people are much more open to fwb and casual, or even polyamorous, relationships than 60 years ago.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.