Post Reply Skips to next episode a few minutes in.
5007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/24/15
Apologies if this isn't the correct section but I've hit a bit of an issue while binge watching Bleach on my Xbox One (in the UK) .

I'm trying to watch episode 208 (bleach) but either when I try to forward through the opening music or just let it play it will suddenly come up with the five second countdown screen and skip to the next episode. I could probably dig up another device to watch it on if nothing can be done but I enjoy using my TV rather than watching on a small screen device.

Also is the video freezing but continuing in the background then suddenly catching up and missing a few seconds normal? Seems to happen infrequently enough for it to be caused by server strain but thought I'd mention it in case it's a known and easily correctable issue on the Xbox crunchyroll app.
58668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 12/24/15

ungreat wrote:

Apologies if this isn't the correct section but I've hit a bit of an issue while binge watching Bleach on my Xbox One (in the UK) .


It's the correct section.


I'm trying to watch episode 208 (bleach) but either when I try to forward through the opening music or just let it play it will suddenly come up with the five second countdown screen and skip to the next episode. I could probably dig up another device to watch it on if nothing can be done but I enjoy using my TV rather than watching on a small screen device.


Does that also happen if you let the OP play through, or only when skipping? It used to be a somewhat common issue on Xbox where a glitchy encode of episodes would cause it to skip 5-10 seconds forward, but this sounds a bit different, but still consistent.


Also is the video freezing but continuing in the background then suddenly catching up and missing a few seconds normal? Seems to happen infrequently enough for it to be caused by server strain but thought I'd mention it in case it's a known and easily correctable issue on the Xbox crunchyroll app.


Is that happening after watching several episodes in a row without quitting or switching to another app? If so, it could help to force quit the CR app and restart it to see if that improves performance.
5007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/15
208 is unwatchable on the CR Android app as well so it may be the episode is corrupted.

The freezing/lag is a minor annoyance but I will definitely try that.
58668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 12/25/15

ungreat wrote:

208 is unwatchable on the CR Android app as well so it may be the episode is corrupted.

The freezing/lag is a minor annoyance but I will definitely try that.


You should report it via the /contact form. If they can re-encode that episode, it may correct the fault.
5007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/15

eyeofpain wrote:


ungreat wrote:

208 is unwatchable on the CR Android app as well so it may be the episode is corrupted.

The freezing/lag is a minor annoyance but I will definitely try that.


You should report it via the /contact form. If they can re-encode that episode, it may correct the fault.


Done that, thanks.
You must be logged in to post.