First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply What lies were you told as child
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/27/15 , edited 12/27/15

Rujikin wrote:

It does solve the problem if the kid knows why it's happening and it's not over used. I know from personal experience.

However it should rarely be used otherwise it becomes "normal" and they stop caring. It works because of the shock value.


I'm going to have to disagree on the fact that Psychology says no. From what I have learned, if you use an authoritative style of parenting, you can teach the child and discipline them without resorting to the belt or whatever method of discipline one might use.
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 12/27/15 , edited 12/27/15

aoyagi10 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

For me it was

"if you ignore bullies they will go away"

Complete lie they only keep going or try harder the only way to stop a bully is to make them fear you
took me 13 years to learn that.


Ignoring bullies to make them go away does work to a certain degree, actually. I have found that ignoring everyone, including bullies, works just as well. I have also scared them, which is a feat for a tiny little female like me.

"You can be whatever you want to be when you grow up."





Lucky.... Somehow I attracted petty little faggots trying to pretend like they were cool by stealing my shit and being a pain in the ass. When I just baited them into fighting me and beat them a few times they stopped. Then I attracted others wanting to fight me so no reason.

I do not regret my decision. Fighting is infinitely better than having my shit stolen and putting up with a faggot trying to annoy you.


JuJu26 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

It does solve the problem if the kid knows why it's happening and it's not over used. I know from personal experience.

However it should rarely be used otherwise it becomes "normal" and they stop caring. It works because of the shock value.


I'm going to have to disagree on the fact that Psychology says no. From what I have learned, if you use an authoritative style of parenting, you can teach the child and discipline them without resorting to the belt or whatever method of discipline one might use.


Disagree all you want but it worked on ME. You can get all the psychologists in the world together in one room and say it all at once yet their opinions do not matter because the fact/reality is it worked for me and I am thankful for it. Many others have had the same situation but psychologists ignore it.

Alright my Psychologist. I refuse to listen or obey anything you say and will do the opposite of what you say because I am throwing a fit. Solve the problem.

Heh heh I drove so many councilors nuts when I was in elementary school because all their theories just pissed me off even more.
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 12/27/15


Won't disagree, goading a bully of mine into fighting me worked for me. In fact he backed down and never bothered with me again at all.
Posted 12/27/15
"Santa exists"

"Ignore bullies they will eventually go away"

33924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Girls like kind, cute, and noble guys"

What a joke.
Sogno- 
45682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/27/15

Kerensa wrote:

My grandma would tell me that if I wiped my nose with my hand (like I'm pushing my nose up when it runs) that I would turn into a pig.

She also told me that if I sucked on my hair (a common habit I had as a young child) that I'd get worms.

Or if I played under a weeping willow tree that I'd get worms...

There was a theme with her when it came to doing things and getting worms.


worms are scary man
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 12/27/15

Sogno- wrote:


Kerensa wrote:

My grandma would tell me that if I wiped my nose with my hand (like I'm pushing my nose up when it runs) that I would turn into a pig.

She also told me that if I sucked on my hair (a common habit I had as a young child) that I'd get worms.

Or if I played under a weeping willow tree that I'd get worms...

There was a theme with her when it came to doing things and getting worms.


worms are scary man


Garlic kills intestinal worms and keeps them away...

reinux 
8264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"It'll be all right."
20644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
Oh, you know the usual... There is an omniscient omnipotent, and omnipresent god who created the world in seven days. And there is a heaven and hell, and anyone who doesn't follow and accept Jesus Christ as their savior will go to hell and be tortured for eternity. Nothing serious.
1149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / South Australia
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
Mum and Dad really do love you...



I'm joking...
11135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Online
Posted 12/28/15 , edited 12/28/15

dragontackle wrote:

God is real



UnRavel1 wrote:

Cracking your knuckles and finger joints is bad for you.


These.

20765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/28/15

aoyagi10 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

For me it was

"if you ignore bullies they will go away"

Complete lie they only keep going or try harder the only way to stop a bully is to make them fear you
took me 13 years to learn that.


Ignoring bullies to make them go away does work to a certain degree, actually. I have found that ignoring everyone, including bullies, works just as well. I have also scared them, which is a feat for a tiny little female like me.

"You can be whatever you want to be when you grow up."





Depends on the type of bullies but most of them that i have met are rutheless and only do it for the sake of entertainment even if they don't get a reaction it's the game of trying itself that they enjoy.
20765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/28/15

anikevin wrote:

"Girls like kind, cute, and noble guys"

What a joke.


wait they don't....well now i'm confused as those are the usual reasons why girls date or fall for me
20765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/28/15

Rujikin wrote:


JuJu26 wrote:

Hitting/spanking a child as discipline will solve the problem


It does solve the problem if the kid knows why it's happening and it's not over used. I know from personal experience.

However it should rarely be used otherwise it becomes "normal" and they stop caring. It works because of the shock value.


to be honest it's different per person.

I know i got spanked as a child and that just encouraged me to do it more despite the pain.

Alot of people take the anger from being spanked and take it to school etc and take it out on others to.

It depends on the person really sure for some it works but it can have a terrible effect on others.

Depends on who the kid is i don't believe it's a one size fits all kind of solution it will help some but make others worse.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/15 , edited 12/28/15

JuJu26 wrote:

Staring at a dog while they are taking a shit will give you a stye (Perria in Spanish)

Going outside after taking a shower will get you sick

Walking barefooted will get you sick

Hitting/spanking a child as discipline will solve the problem


Physical punishment does work read any book on Applied Behavior Analysis.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.