First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Only 6% of Trump supporters know President Obama's religion.
14934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 12/26/15
Not sure why the OP is trying so hard to find something with which to mock Trump. I'm actually amused as to how scared the media and politicians are of the man. Sucks when the people you've tried to control for decades are showing they're ready to revolt against you.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't even know President Obama's religion for sure, seems so inconsequential. Is it Christian?


I have slowly come to think he really may be muslim. He won't dare say it just like he won't ever say or admit "radical islam". Simply because the backlash would be too great even for him.
24279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/15

Akage-chan wrote:

Not sure why the OP is trying so hard to find something with which to mock Trump. I'm actually amused as to how scared the media and politicians are of the man. Sucks when the people you've tried to control for decades are showing they're ready to revolt against you.


The moment he tweets out Putins phone number because they had a spat... Dumb way to start WWIII. I'm not afraid of what he'd do in office because the system is idiot proof as we've seen from the last two presidencies. But that Twitter account could be the end of life as we know it.
Posted 12/26/15

descloud wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't even know President Obama's religion for sure, seems so inconsequential. Is it Christian?


I have slowly come to think he really may be muslim. He won't dare say it just like he won't ever say or admit "radical islam". Simply because the backlash would be too great even for him.


Seems like a mixture of paranoia and tinfoil hats.
42866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 12/26/15

MysticGon wrote:


Akage-chan wrote:

Not sure why the OP is trying so hard to find something with which to mock Trump. I'm actually amused as to how scared the media and politicians are of the man. Sucks when the people you've tried to control for decades are showing they're ready to revolt against you.


The moment he tweets out Putins phone number because they had a spat... Dumb way to start WWIII. I'm not afraid of what he'd do in office because the system is idiot proof as we've seen from the last two presidencies. But that Twitter account could be the end of life as we know it.


If the system were actually idiot-proof, then we might not have even had the last two Presidencies. . .certainly not the last 10 or 20 Congresses!
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


descloud wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't even know President Obama's religion for sure, seems so inconsequential. Is it Christian?


I have slowly come to think he really may be muslim. He won't dare say it just like he won't ever say or admit "radical islam". Simply because the backlash would be too great even for him.


Seems like a mixture of paranoia and tinfoil hats.


You mean to say you don't think there is such a thing as radical islam?
Posted 12/26/15 , edited 12/26/15

descloud wrote:

You mean to say you don't think there is such a thing as radical islam?


Obviously no. I'm just skeptical that Obama is a muslim.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/15 , edited 12/26/15

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Obviously no. I'm just skeptical that Obama is a muslim.


It's really just two things that make me think he really might be.

1. He flat out denies radical Islam. From my own past experience, the only ones who typically deny any form of extremism within a religion are the followers. But it's just my experiences.
2. Why do so few people know what he really believes in? JFK for example was downright open about it in a time of anti Catholics. In fact he tried his very hardest to prove religion would not sway his opinions during his presidency. So why is obama so afraid to just say it?

But these are solely my reasons.
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Offline
Posted 12/26/15 , edited 12/26/15

maxgale wrote:

From 2:05 to 3:12 other sermons with equally hateful rhetoric is shown.


Sounds like someone who isn't interested in political correctness to me. Is he not politically correct enough for you Maxgale?

My point remains. He criticized the United States in controversial ways. But he never called out for its damnation. He never cried out that God should damn it except in that 2003 sermon -- the one which Obama said he disagrees with.


At 3:36 until the conclusion of the video, there is a statement from Obama how Jeremiah Wright is a someone who "sometimes says things he disagrees with."

And yet during the two decades that Mr. Obama knew him and the other members of the congregation, it never was cause for him to leave.

Because, as Jeremiah Wright reveals in interviews that I posted preceding this, Obama agreed with him.


You can agree with the message without agreeing with its phrasing. Furthermore, you can agree with some messages and disagree with others. No one needs to agree 100% with a person to respect them and/or wish to hear their thoughts, opinions, and reflections on a subject matter -- whether it be religious, political, or social.
Posted 12/26/15 , edited 12/26/15

descloud wrote:

It's really just two things that make me think he really might be.

1. He flat out denies radical Islam. From my own past experience, the only ones who typically deny any form of extremism within a religion are the followers. But it's just my experiences.
2. Why do so few people know what he really believes in? JFK for example was downright open about it in a time of anti Catholics. In fact he tried his very hardest to prove religion would not sway his opinions during his presidency. So why is obama so afraid to just say it?

But these are solely my reasons.

I go out of my way not to hang out with Asians due to the stereotype that Asians are all Chinese, and that we all hang around together. Some black men don't hang around with other blacks due to racial stereotyping tends to happen to groups rather than alone individuals. Once people make up bullshit about you, you'd feel inclined (Some of us ignore it though) to go out of your way to disprove it, and seeing people like Trump claim you're not American, or various conspiracy theorist claim you're a Muslim, it's not too difficult to see the intentional backlash that these people so often exacerbate.

Not to mention we're talking about a democratic candidate versus a republican, who are far less likely to espouse their beliefs to appeal to their voters.
9817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/26/15 , edited 12/26/15
For all I give a damn, the man is an atheist who all but worships himself. Even if he supposedly adheres to a formal religion, I believe that he's drunk on his own power, first and foremost..
7597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 12/26/15 , edited 12/26/15

maxgale wrote:





1. Mr. Wright explicitly preaches contrary to the Bible. In one example, according to the Bible Israel is a homeland given to the Jewish people by God, yet Jeremiah Wright has said:


On the plight of Palestinians, he offered a Canaanite’s perspective: “What kind of God you got that promised your ass my land?”


http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/09/what-ever-happened-to-jeremiah-wright/406522/


2. What policies?


1. Different denominations believe in different interpretations of the Bible, which is not problematic unless you're with one of the "our way or the highway" sects.

2. Obama's previous denomination, The United Church of Christ, strongly emphasizes building interfaith and ecumenical relations, which Obama has demonstrated with his spiritual cabinet and his close relationship with Pope Francis, among other things. Additionally, the UCC has typically supported civil rights, LGBT rights and women's rights (including reproductive rights). We've argued at length about that before, so I don't think any further explanation is needed.

Edit: Forgot climate change.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/15 , edited 12/26/15


True, but yet Jfk was also a democrat who never bothered to hide anything when it came to religion. No doubt he received very harsh criticism but yet he succeeded in what he set out to prove. If a few words is all it takes to make someone forget their dream of being president in today's time. Then America has seriously gotten soft and it's no wonder our presidents lie about things they should be proud of.
7096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Mississippi
Offline
Posted 12/26/15
If he doesn't worship Ra, he's not your bra.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 12/26/15
silly humans.
The president's religion is whatever's the most popular at the time.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.