First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply An Open Letter to CR and CR members
5574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/28/15

Those crunchy bucks were filled with problems, last I recall. Some worked for folks but a lot didn't. Thanks for the info, Baka-God. I have seen a lot more of that lately with other sites too, locking out the EU. I wonder if it is because of how they are setup economically as it carries over into region locking and/or royalties. I wouldn't be surprised if it is so.
8116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
i don't see the problems most people complain about, but i'm kind of new. i heard about CR back in high school, but thats when it was a brand new site, i didn't join until May 2015, and didn't buy a membership until later that year. i've bought a few items from the store, great quality and fast shipment, but the price! i don't mind waiting a few weeks if it means not being screwed by shipping cost. is it just because i'm in canada or does every pay almost 25% shipping? i get all this anime commercial free, so i'm happy, but i totally get your point. i was actually planning to sign up at Anime North, only to find out CR didn't go because of the Canadian dollar. i get the dollar sucks [don't get me started on the cost of items at the dealers room] but i had at least 10 friends wanting to sign up for CR and we were looking for the booth all Friday. many people had the same plan, but no booth this year. but, for the price, all this anime, i'm happy, but CR might want to have a meeting to figure out how to keep the older members happy, i've heard many complaints.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 12/28/15
The contests are suppose to drag more people into the service, yes it's a bit sad that their not for all members. Espessaly for people like me who have supported this site for years and there's no excuse for that. However I don't see any other problem with CR, in fact I think their providing a great service. And if you don't want to do internatinal imports, then just buy from someone locally... I'm pretty sure there's a lot of anime stores where you live anyways, so what's the deal
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
I am here simply because there isn't a Canadian anime site that is worth the membership price. Mind you the selection here isn't really to my taste. Occasionally I find gems but it takes shifting through a lot of chaff to find them. Also I am really tried of the American centric themes to CR, I mean I know the exchange rate sucks but just jack up the prices,every other American business dealing with Canada does, we the dwellers of the True North are use to it. We don't mind at all, least I don't but I am not some welfare warrior.

Still this place is better then most anime sites I've been to. So until they do something utterly moronic I'll be sticking around.
33359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
I just wish we could get a better player
Nawoi 
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
Because I want to be a paying customer for a medium I love, to the extent of mockery, basically.
37055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / on your lap, purring
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
The points are extremely important. Everyone knows "internet points" are the only thing that you can carry with you to the afterlife.
30142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 12/28/15 , edited 12/28/15
i stick around because i won a contest on here already. before they got all the people who invested it was simple for them. and on the contest i won the witcher 2 special collectors edition. i would love to win again and think since people have one they should have a contest just for the people who stick around after winning. also when it comes to make a new account and get this well some people just make a new account. cr getts double payments that month. i dont reallt see why your complaining its like asking why do you get netflix. what does netflix do you nothing the answer nothing.
8061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
So far, I've never had problems with CR. I mean, sometimes my Roku channel is a little glitchy, but that's pretty rare.

I pay because this is really the only place that I can watch cool anime. I have Netflix too, but it's anime collection is really limited. I don't even know what would stop me from subscribing. Other than an absurd price increase that is.
5574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/28/15

Nekoshema wrote:

i don't see the problems most people complain about, but i'm kind of new. i heard about CR back in high school, but thats when it was a brand new site, i didn't join until May 2015, and didn't buy a membership until later that year. i've bought a few items from the store, great quality and fast shipment, but the price! i don't mind waiting a few weeks if it means not being screwed by shipping cost. is it just because i'm in canada or does every pay almost 25% shipping? i get all this anime commercial free, so i'm happy, but i totally get your point. i was actually planning to sign up at Anime North, only to find out CR didn't go because of the Canadian dollar. i get the dollar sucks [don't get me started on the cost of items at the dealers room] but i had at least 10 friends wanting to sign up for CR and we were looking for the booth all Friday. many people had the same plan, but no booth this year. but, for the price, all this anime, i'm happy, but CR might want to have a meeting to figure out how to keep the older members happy, i've heard many complaints.

Glad to hear what brought you here. The shipping does seem to vary within the US based on the item when I view my cart. However, I don't usually have a 10% shipping cost unless I'm looking at a DVD or Blu Ray. The cost probably varies based on distance and country due to taxes and fees.



TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

The contests are suppose to drag more people into the service, yes it's a bit sad that their not for all members. Espessaly for people like me who have supported this site for years and there's no excuse for that. However I don't see any other problem with CR, in fact I think their providing a great service. And if you don't want to do internatinal imports, then just buy from someone locally... I'm pretty sure there's a lot of anime stores where you live anyways, so what's the deal

A lot of anime stores? Hate to disappoint you but even when I lived in major cities there was maybe 1 or 2 stores total. We have 1 gaming store where I live, and it is 30 minutes away. The next closest is 90 minutes away. There are areas where anime is popular, but it is still a budding interest in many areas of the USA. As for the international shipping, I was using it to point out how the price we pay here is about the same as doing it that way, sometimes more expensive than importing. This makes the store discounts comparable, not competitive.


Ranwolf wrote:

I am here simply because there isn't a Canadian anime site that is worth the membership price. Mind you the selection here isn't really to my taste. Occasionally I find gems but it takes shifting through a lot of chaff to find them. Also I am really tried of the American centric themes to CR, I mean I know the exchange rate sucks but just jack up the prices,every other American business dealing with Canada does, we the dwellers of the True North are use to it. We don't mind at all, least I don't but I am not some welfare warrior.

Still this place is better then most anime sites I've been to. So until they do something utterly moronic I'll be sticking around.

Thank you for answering the questions in the original post. It definitely provides some insight into how CR is viewed and operates compared to other companies.



pandrasb wrote:

I just wish we could get a better player

What keeps you around though, and what would cause you to leave?



darkhaseo001 wrote:

i stick around because i won a contest on here already. before they got all the people who invested it was simple for them. and on the contest i won the witcher 2 special collectors edition. i would love to win again and think since people have one they should have a contest just for the people who stick around after winning. also when it comes to make a new account and get this well some people just make a new account. cr getts double payments that month. i dont reallt see why your complaining its like asking why do you get netflix. what does netflix do you nothing the answer nothing.

I can not understand much of what you are saying. Could you please retype it with some more grammar, maybe? I do not know if I understand what you are saying about netflix. Are you saying that because netflix delivers what they promise and does not offer anything extra, they are like Crunchyroll? If so, I would have to disagree. Crunchyroll has promised extra goods at conventions, contests for prizes, exclusive specials for those that help support the site, extra savings from the store, and more. Much of this has disappeared or hasn't manifested. When you subscribe, you are subscribing for the entire package deal, not just a part of it.
33359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 12/28/15

Bullbound wrote:


pandrasb wrote:

I just wish we could get a better player

What keeps you around though, and what would cause you to leave?


I stay for the community and PV nii-chan

I would leave if 1 the community turns to shit or the player is so outdated and horrendous that I'm left with no choice.

I mean seriously illegal sites stream so much better that I'd almost rather pay them. They have HTML 5, CR is still running Flash and I don't even know if Flash is gonna stick around and ever get updated.
5574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
Considering how much trouble Flash got in for creating security risks before they fixed it, I doubt it will disappear soon. But thank you for the information.
41864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
I've only been around CR since 2010--heard about it on 91.8 the Fan, an online radio station/so-much-more to which I belong. I signed up for a renewing yearly membership, which basically cuts the cost down to about $5.00 per month. Now, compare that to the cost of either dish or cable, then consider that I work two jobs and have very limited viewing time. CR wins hands-down for value and quality of programming! I joined a couple of other anime sites, but can't even keep up what I want to watch here, to the point that I just don't visit those other sites. I'm pretty much just happy to be here!
5574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 12/28/15

moonhawk81 wrote:

I've only been around CR since 2010--heard about it on 91.8 the Fan, an online radio station/so-much-more to which I belong. I signed up for a renewing yearly membership, which basically cuts the cost down to about $5.00 per month. Now, compare that to the cost of either dish or cable, then consider that I work two jobs and have very limited viewing time. CR wins hands-down for value and quality of programming! I joined a couple of other anime sites, but can't even keep up what I want to watch here, to the point that I just don't visit those other sites. I'm pretty much just happy to be here!

Would you say that you stay around and pay because CR gets shows you enjoy for a price that you feel is better?
7881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / SCANDINAVIA
Offline
Posted 12/28/15
The community is only something I have recently gone into. I did have an account here years ago but I can't remember it.

Those things you mention have never been relevant to me. My main frustration with the site is that as usual, it's more US based.
So that means certain shows don't make it over here that are there. The same can be said for the users here. I'll continue using it but I'm considering checking out other sites too. Kinda feel doing it the legal way is something I should do since it's something I enjoy, even if I don't really keep up with what's new or not.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.