First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply What's the difference between being shallow and having standards?
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
I'm asking this because it seems to be this thing where anything a person likes or want in another is being straight up shallow and that standards don't exist anymore. I'm not talking about on CR specifically btw, just in general.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
If your standards are too high and you wont give people a chance based on the most trivial factors (i.e. their hair), you're pretty much being shallow.
18472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
Your priorities I guess. If things such as looks, money, etc. is 100 times more important than personality, kindness, etc. then you're a shallow person. But preferring a prettier partner does not necessary mean you're shallow.
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
Be "shallow" all you want, it's good to have some standards.
Posted 12/30/15
I am a little shallow
I also have standards
7523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Crimson Mage Village
Offline
Posted 12/30/15 , edited 12/30/15
Having standards is, in itself, the very definition of shallowness! Accept everything! Desire nothing! Be complacent with anything!


-is what I would tell you, if it weren't for the fact that it is not only impossible, but also paradoxical.

But, I can tell you that worrying about whether something is shallow or standards is pretty shallow yourself. And what a great thing it is, to be shallow! All it takes is a single outstretched hand to reach you, rather than the eons of futile searching for one lost in his own depth.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/15 , edited 12/30/15
Standards, regardless of how high you may set them, is not shallow. Anyone calling someone else's standards shallow is just flaunting an opinion and nothing more.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/30/15

dotsforlife wrote:

Standards, regardless of how high you may set them, is not shallow. Anyone calling someone else's standards shallow is just flaunting an opinion and nothing more.

It's called slang for a reason.

What you may consider it takes for a person to be shallow is what is opinion based.
99 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
Shallow is liking someone for there looks but standards is like she has to have like a diploma or something.



Lol nvm there is no diffrence
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/15

TrickedMJ wrote:

I'm asking this because it seems to be this thing where anything a person likes or want in another is being straight up shallow and that standards don't exist anymore. I'm not talking about on CR specifically btw, just in general.


I would say that if you have high physical standards, or they are the most important thing to you, you're shallow. However, I can understand having high standards about things people can control, physically. If they can control it, then it is their own fault, and more of a personality issue.

If you have high standards in personality then you just have high standards.

29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/30/15

HolyDrumstick wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:

I'm asking this because it seems to be this thing where anything a person likes or want in another is being straight up shallow and that standards don't exist anymore. I'm not talking about on CR specifically btw, just in general.


I would say that if you have high physical standards, or they are the most important thing to you, you're shallow. However, I can understand having high standards about things people can control, physically. If they can control it, then it is their own fault, and more of a personality issue.

If you have high standards in personality then you just have high standards.



^
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/15

ayesharocks wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:

I'm asking this because it seems to be this thing where anything a person likes or want in another is being straight up shallow and that standards don't exist anymore. I'm not talking about on CR specifically btw, just in general.


I would say that if you have high physical standards, or they are the most important thing to you, you're shallow. However, I can understand having high standards about things people can control, physically. If they can control it, then it is their own fault, and more of a personality issue.

If you have high standards in personality then you just have high standards.



^


I'd also add.... if money is important to you.... I mean, nothing wrong with not wanting to date a bum,.....


but if they work hard at a low-income job, and continue to work hard to better their self... or are a teacher, police officer, etc and just make crap because they chose something fulfilling over lots of bread.... and they are "unworthy" of you due to the lower income.... Yeah, you're shallow as fuck.
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
Usually don't think on this sort of thing, but isn't it more like a sliding scale? Isn't shallowness just near the extreme end of the scale and having standards near the center?

That's how I look at it. Not that i'm in any position to comment on this kind of topic.

Well, I guess I can in terms of other material, like taste in music or something.
21057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/15 , edited 12/30/15
I dare to say that I am not shallow one bit.

I have standards; the first and hardest one is that I have to like the person. And the second part is that, that person has to like me as well.

And, if that is all nice; then my final requirement is to really enjoy being with that someone and *snap* ~ There you had extremely strict standards ruling almost everyone out, yet they are the few little things that really matter. ⁻-⁻

ps. trying to regulate it with anything else is meaningless. At least, if you're being honest with yourself; or you're probably making a big mistake.
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
Is it shallow to say that I wouldnt date a girl who weighs more than me(215 lbs)?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.