First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply I have gone bat-shit crazy.
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 12/30/15 , edited 1/22/16
I somehow ended up ordering more than $1000 worth of figurines last night.

The story goes like this.



I love Nico. She's cute, spunky, cute and spunky. So I wanted her birthday figure.

Then I thought, Nico would be very lonely all by herself, therefore I should at least get one of her friends to go along with her.

Which was great, until I realized that they wouldn't look very complete, not having their display bases spelling out "LOVE LIVE!" together.

Down the rabbit hole I went. At the end of the frenzy I ordered-up Nico and all of her friends (except Honoka, who isn't up for pre-order yet), nevermind the near-astronomical price I had to pay up for the now-discontinued Birthday Kotori and the all-but-completely-sold-out Birthday Eli (wow is she popular or what)...

I know people are gonna say, "I have way more than just a thousand dollar's worth of figures" but I bet they spent years working on it instead of, say, one night.



Now, let's hear your crazy shopping stints; because while I'm not hit with any buyer's remorse (yet), I do feel a tiny tinge of guilt since there's no way I'm gonna tell my wife how much these little beauties cost once they start arriving one by one...

Edit: Some of Nico's friends are here............ http://susume-lovelive.wix.com/love-live#!goods/nsquv
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/15 , edited 12/30/15
As the kiddies like to say... worth.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
I question not why you bought the figures, but on how you were able to obtain that much money in one night...
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
I'm in a weird situation where I can give out the odd 100 without giving a shit. So I spend money on other people a lot. Heck even today I gave out 100 to some person who lost their house. Of course this is temporary. The second I move out, I'm going to be broke as fuck.
9054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
I do not think this is something to be regretted...
Posted 12/30/15
I don't think you're crazy for spending 1k on figures; everyone has their moment of overspending 1k on something completely useless.

I think you're crazy for thinking that an object would get lonely.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/15

JuJu26 wrote:

I question not why you bought the figures, but on how you were able to obtain that much money in one night...


Being nearly twice your age and a stable job/savings probably.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/30/15

dotsforlife wrote:

Being nearly twice your age and a stable job/savings probably.


Going with savings. There goes his rainy day funds, lol.
48966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 12/30/15 , edited 12/30/15
I'm glad I am not into collecting figures, seems like an expensive hobby/interest to have. That Nico figure does look really cute though
24787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/15

nanikore2 wrote:

I somehow ended up ordering more than $1000 worth of figurines last night.

The story goes like this.



I love Nico. She's cute, spunky, cute and spunky. So I wanted her birthday figure.

Then I thought, Nico would be very lonely all by herself, therefore I should at least get one of her friends to go along with her.

Which was great, until I realized that they wouldn't look very complete, not having their display bases spelling out "LOVE LIVE!" together.

Down the rabbit hole I went. At the end of the frenzy I ordered-up Nico and all of her friends (except Honoka, who isn't up for pre-order yet), nevermind the near-astronomical price I had to pay up for the now-discontinued Birthday Kotori and the all-but-completely-sold-out Birthday Eli (wow is she popular or what)...

I know people are gonna say, "I have way more than just a thousand dollar's worth of figures" but I bet they spent years working on it instead of, say, one night.



Now, let's hear your crazy shopping stints; because while I'm not hit with any buyer's remorse (yet), I do feel a tiny tinge of guilt since there's no way I'm gonna tell my wife how much these little beauties cost once they start arriving one by one...


Get out while you still can. Collecting is not a hobby you want to dive into. I started with one and ended up with 22 figures. .
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
Wow, that's a little pricy I would say. Having a complete looking collection does have a lot of appeal. If you were going to get the whole set anyways, it's no big deal.
xxJing 
37195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
You guano go broke.
15796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
I'm sure Nico would be happy knowing that you would sacrifice your wallet to make sure she wasn't lonely on a shelf by herself. All that aside though, as long as the money is already spent and isn't coming back, there's no point in regretting it. And you'll probably regret it a lot less once you have the complete set, they really are nice figures and knowing how popular love live is i'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be jealous
1150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/15 , edited 1/22/16
This is like gambling, but worse.
39040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 12/30/15
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.