First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do people want everyone to be Normal
2553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

ILuvCats11 wrote:

Autism and sexuality isn't a disorder or disease if people can't relize this and waste money and time on it they need to be educated as their to stupid to even relize this.


The irony.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

TrickedMJ wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

Autism and sexuality isn't a disorder or disease if people can't relize this and waste money and time on it they need to be educated as their to stupid to even relize this.


The irony.


The bad grammar, being incorrect or both?
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/31/15


That's kind of a touchy subject, I think. It's easy to say you want kin with aspergers so you can relate to them, but would you really wish upon someone a level 3 autism spectrum disorder? I'm not saying you wouldn't love them if it happened, but do you want it? Of course, there are people with severe autism that break the norm and are very articulate, etc.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

dotsforlife wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

Autism and sexuality isn't a disorder or disease if people can't relize this and waste money and time on it they need to be educated as their to stupid to even relize this.


The irony.


The bad grammar, being incorrect or both?


Maybe they just read this
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

ayaundwolf

Maybe they just read this


I remember that. A coworker (who is a feminist I might add but at least one of the sane ones lol) showed me that. We both had a good laugh over it.
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

Ryulightorb wrote:To be honest it's rather quite offensive to hate someone for wanting there child to be Autistic like them but when a NT person does it and wants there child to be NT it's fine.


I stand by what I said in the other thread. You're wrong for wishing it as much as any parent wishing for a 'normal' child.



6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

dotsforlife wrote:


ayaundwolf

Maybe they just read this


I remember that. A coworker (who is a feminist I might add but at least one of the sane ones lol) showed me that. We both had a good laugh over it.


Well at least radical feminism is good for a laugh, if anything.
4510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 12/31/15
Here's the thing we may wish we have offspring just like us but that's not guaranteed. Autism can be presented in so many different ways even with autistic siblings. They already have difficulty diagnosing some autism because they started off studying a small select group and expected every autistic person to fit that model.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 12/31/15
People dont want their kids to have autism because they dont want their child to have to struggle in life. Whether or not they are over reacting or you think they are stupid for believing that, most people mean it from a loving place.

A parent is never going to not love their child (usually) but Im sure they would rather have them live a happy life with minimal struggle.
Most of the time its a combination of misguided kindness and a lack of personal experience. You know what its like to have autism so you can decide if its worth your child having it. Some middle class white women from Ohio might not have the same experience and therefore have a different opinion.

20988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:To be honest it's rather quite offensive to hate someone for wanting there child to be Autistic like them but when a NT person does it and wants there child to be NT it's fine.


I stand by what I said in the other thread. You're wrong for wishing it as much as any parent wishing for a 'normal' child.





Which is not wrong at all hoping for a child that will relate with you is the best thing.

Growing up as a child not being able to relate to my parents or family is the worst thing that can happen to a child.

I don't want any child of mine to feel that pain
20988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

ayaundwolf wrote:



That's kind of a touchy subject, I think. It's easy to say you want kin with aspergers so you can relate to them, but would you really wish upon someone a level 3 autism spectrum disorder? I'm not saying you wouldn't love them if it happened, but do you want it? Of course, there are people with severe autism that break the norm and are very articulate, etc.


When i say Autism i speak of high functioning instead of low functioning.

I see them as seperate ends of a huge spectrum.

I want a child who is on my side of the spectrum so they won't go through the things i did.
However i could never wish Low functioning autism onto someone
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 12/31/15

Ryulightorb wrote:
Which is not wrong at all hoping for a child that will relate with you is the best thing.

Growing up as a child not being able to relate to my parents or family is the worst thing that can happen to a child.

I don't want any child of mine to feel that pain


Yeah, it's a lovely experience isn't it? Good to know you'll repeat the experience for a child of yours should they not be like you.

There's a difference between having a difficulty relating, and not even trying to understand/labeling them not one of your 'kind'. You are the latter.



20988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

Irishsushi wrote:

People dont want their kids to have autism because they dont want their child to have to struggle in life. Whether or not they are over reacting or you think they are stupid for believing that, most people mean it from a loving place.

A parent is never going to not love their child (usually) but Im sure they would rather have them live a happy life with minimal struggle.
Most of the time its a combination of misguided kindness and a lack of personal experience. You know what its like to have autism so you can decide if its worth your child having it. Some middle class white women from Ohio might not have the same experience and therefore have a different opinion.



It's worth having it i believe and honestly minimal struggle sounds like a nightmare you would turn out to be really weak so to speak but hey that's just generalizing.

I want my kids to be Autistic like me not just for some selfish wish but because i too grew up in a family where i could not relate to my parents or brother and sister since i was the only Autistic person.

I click with other Autistic people and feel a sense of belonging and calm that i never felt in my life and that i wish i had as a child.

I think its worth being the way i am and i hope they are like me not for my sake but for there sake as well.
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/15

TrickedMJ wrote:


ILuvCats11 wrote:

Autism and sexuality isn't a disorder or disease if people can't relize this and waste money and time on it they need to be educated as their to stupid to even relize this.


The irony.


Oh did I use the wrong words in that post? sorry silly me
20988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/31/15 , edited 12/31/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Which is not wrong at all hoping for a child that will relate with you is the best thing.

Growing up as a child not being able to relate to my parents or family is the worst thing that can happen to a child.

I don't want any child of mine to feel that pain


Yeah, it's a lovely experience isn't it? Good to know you'll repeat the experience for a child of yours should they not be like you.

There's a difference between having a difficulty relating, and not even trying to understand and labeling them not one of your 'kind'. You are the latter.





You are assuming i wouldn't try to understand them isn't assuming things about people FUN.

They are not someone with the same brain wiring to say they are when it is false is just telling yourself an egg is a rock.

I hope they don't go through my experience as a child as they will feel around me the same way i did around my family alone in the world like an alien so to speak.

Who would wish there child to be different and suffer from feeling such a thing.

A parent with Autism is going to be a better parent to a kid with Autism then a neurotypical child.

You are assuming i wouldn't treat said NT child the same or try to relate to them but i would because not doing so would be illogical and bad parenting.

I want the best for my future child and the best for them would be being like there mother and father and growing up with a sense of belonging and knowing how to deal with there needs etc.

I feel if i had a NT child it would be wrong for me to raise them i feel they would have a better life being raised by someone who is like them.

I wouldn't give them up but i would feel guilty for not being able to provide to that extent due to how i am.


In the end it's all a game of dice you get what your given with a child and you will be happy with it because that is the person who will carry your genes down to the next generation.

That being said if we were able to choose i would choose my child to be like me just so there life would be easier.

But at the end of the day it's a random draw i mean my chances of having a child like me are higher then other peoples but in the end you love your child no matter what and give them what they need so that they can grow up and prolong the human race.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.